Remove this Banner Ad

Art Vandelay_

TheBrownDog
Oct 28, 2012
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Bushrangers, AC Milan
We won't beat City or Liverpool, I don't think our fans would expect that.

We should be pumping Forest, NLD could go either way.
Will be quite disappointed at home under a master tactician if we drop a point.

Art Vandelay_

TheBrownDog
Oct 28, 2012
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Bushrangers, AC Milan
Yeah we aren't exactly chumps these days though and are in very good form. It will be a close game.
We lose no one to AFCON. You will be playing a Xhaka and Lokonga midfield without being able to use Partey or Elneny off the bench.
Can't bring on Pepe or Aubameyang up forward for attacking impetus. So will be relying on youth academy kids, Lacazette, and Martinelli.

You may very well get a positive result, but as I said, I will be very disappointed if we drop points.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Zidane98

Hall of Famer
Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Socceroos, LFC, MVFC, RC Strasbourg
We won't beat City or Liverpool, I don't think our fans would expect that.

We should be pumping Forest, NLD could go either way.

We will probably go with a similar team to the quarter finals. Would say if that is the case you will be favourites.

Cruyff14

TheBrownDog
Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
Dunno about pumping Forest.
We should be beating them regardless. We're in form, obviously have a much better team than them too. The only thing that will stop us is complacency.

We will probably go with a similar team to the quarter finals. Would say if that is the case you will be favourites.
Not like you to talk down Liverpool's chances ;)

Shoei

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 26, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal
Arsenal have shown improvement in all areas over the last 2 months. However, the team is still young with a vastly inexperienced manager with games against teams that have had their own issues. Arsenal lost to both Everton and Man United at the beginning of December as well as being smashed to pieces away at Liverpool back end of November

Arsenal fans would be looking at the fixtures against City, Liverpool and Tottenham as tests to see how much improvement has really been made.

Personally, I don't think we'll win any of those matches BUT I'm more interested in how competitive we are. Against Liverpool and Man City we average 3+ goals conceded over the last 10 games, absolutely horrific performances.

Losses are acceptable, it's part of learning. Garbage performances are not and we'll get a sniff of just how well Arteta can do now that form/injuries aren't excuses.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad