Arsenal FC: Out of control

May 10, 2004
The Mothership
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Pistons/Hammers/Sri Lanka/The Exers
Geez some 'fans' have no idea.

I'd rather forego a few years of trophies to ensure my team is one of the few power clubs not going hundreds of millions of dollars into debt (let alone in the black and actually making good coin).

One day the mountains of debt these clubs have built up will collapse on them, no matter how much equity they have. Arsenal will not be one of them.

The Gunners will be back sooner rather than later, and when they get back, they are going to be in one of the strongest all round positions in world football.

There needs to be change from top to bottom. The club is rotten. We need some players who bloody want to win. Wenger's gotten comfortable knowing his job is never on the line, allowing us to fade to mediocrity. He should get the rest of the season to try and salvage something, but if not, he should go - for everyone's sake.

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal

I'd rather forego a few years of trophies to ensure my team is one of the few power clubs not going hundreds of millions of dollars into debt (let alone in the black and actually making good coin).

One day the mountains of debt these clubs have built up will collapse on them, no matter how much equity they have. Arsenal will not be one of them.

The Gunners will be back sooner rather than later, and when they get back, they are going to be in one of the strongest all round positions in world football.
7 years, more than likely 8, is not a few years.

Until you have supported Arsenal, you have no idea what it's like.

Would you hand back all of Geelong's Premierships from the past few years?

Stratton_Gun

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 4, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Manchester United
Feel sorry for them. Are a good club but they just have no money. They have been overtaken by City who aren't a good club but they have a shitload of money not to mention Chelsea who are just a more advanced version of City

May 10, 2004
The Mothership
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Pistons/Hammers/Sri Lanka/The Exers
7 years, more than likely 8, is not a few years.

Until you have supported Arsenal, you have no idea what it's like.

Would you hand back all of Geelong's Premierships from the past few years?

Oh boo hoo. I follow West Ham ffs. I'd love to be in Arsenals position.

Jun 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
Feel sorry for them. Are a good club but they just have no money. They have been overtaken by City who aren't a good club but they have a shitload of money not to mention Chelsea who are just a more advanced version of City

They have money, they just don't spend it.

Shattered for them losing tonight, looks like it will be now up to 8 years :D

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, New York Yankees

You need to get your facts right, it's 7 years and counting. No end in sight for that.

And secondly, clearly you too have been fooled by the smoke and mirrors of arsenal's financial prowess. Each week, we piss approx £500,000 down the drain on deadwood rubbish that contribute sweet f*ck all the club winning games of football. Squillaci, chamakh and arshavin alone collect approx £200,000 alone just to (sometimes) sit on the bench. Half a million pounds a week is the difference between paying for a couple of world class footballers, or being anchored down and restrained by the deadwood in the squad.

Thewlis Dish

Cancelled
10k Posts
Sep 9, 2003
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
FGR
At the risk of sounding like moomba, I suspect a lot of club fans would consider consistent CL finishes on the back of a prolonged period of winning trophies as their club not being dead.

They need a change, no doubt, but it's not like the last seven years has been a period of abject failure either. It kind of reminds me of Ricky Ponting the last couple of years. Blind Freddy can see that Wenger's time is up, but no one wants to make that call and he won't make it either.

Back