Arsenal FC: Out of control

Sep 5, 2014
Hertford
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Manchester United, Stevenage FC
Not sure whether I want Arteta to be sacked or not. I have called him out as a fraud since his appointment and his sacking would vindicate this.

The fact that he is seemingly under no pressure from the media shows how irrelevant he and the club have become.

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham
Not sure whether I want Arteta to be sacked or not. I have called him out as a fraud since his appointment and his sacking would vindicate this.

The fact that he is seemingly under no pressure from the media shows how irrelevant he and the club have become.

I call him Pep-Lite. He copies the same exaggerated game time gestures as Guardiola as though it somehow helps the situation. But he seems to have little tactical awareness, not even getting the basics right. He actually has a good squad of players but he's not getting anything like the best out of them.

This is very strange. Makes him look petulant, and surely his management would not have sanctioned this idea?

Dude could be a nailed on starter at RB, but he wants to play CM.

Haha they beat 18th, 20th and we don't need to mention the other team
zJNQmhS.jpg

Haha they beat 18th, 20th and we don't need to mention the other team
Precisely. The best they beat was our piss poor excuse for a team under Nuno.
As soon as they play anyone decent, or anyone that's managed by someone who knows what they're doing the Gunners falter.

Arteta has managed to lower fan expectations to the point where they'd be happy with top 6, and top 4 would seen an bus parade through the streets, and Kroenke would be loving that. He can do as little as possible and only needs to have the team clinging to European placings. Wenger was hounded out for getting them far higher in the table.

Jun 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
Arteta has managed to lower fan expectations to the point where they'd be happy with top 6, and top 4 would seen an bus parade through the streets, and Kroenke would be loving that. He can do as little as possible and only needs to have the team clinging to European placings. Wenger was hounded out for getting them far higher in the table.
That process started well before Arteta. Wenger conditioned them to celebrating 4th place then a place in Europe. Arteta is the end product of that process that started 10 years ago

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
Apparently in the last 12 months only City have more points than Arsenal. Arteta while developing the kids well is also getting good results.

Maybe he isn't sh*t after all.

December 26th 2020 to end of MD38 last season

Current standings

City have 107 points. Chelsea would just beat Arsenal 83 to 82 points. Liverpool 4th on 80 points.

Last edited:
Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
Steps in the right direction.

The last 12 months is actually the best time frame to use To see how good Arsenal have actually been.

This was Arsenal after 14 league fixtures last season.

Since that period, your overall league record is 25-7-11. Pretty good.

Back