Arsenal FC: Out of control

Remove this Banner Ad

We won't beat City or Liverpool, I don't think our fans would expect that.

We should be pumping Forest, NLD could go either way.
Will be quite disappointed at home under a master tactician if we drop a point.

Yeah we aren't exactly chumps these days though and are in very good form. It will be a close game.
We lose no one to AFCON. You will be playing a Xhaka and Lokonga midfield without being able to use Partey or Elneny off the bench.
Can't bring on Pepe or Aubameyang up forward for attacking impetus. So will be relying on youth academy kids, Lacazette, and Martinelli.

You may very well get a positive result, but as I said, I will be very disappointed if we drop points.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dunno about pumping Forest.
We should be beating them regardless. We're in form, obviously have a much better team than them too. The only thing that will stop us is complacency.

We will probably go with a similar team to the quarter finals. Would say if that is the case you will be favourites.
Not like you to talk down Liverpool's chances ;)

Arsenal have shown improvement in all areas over the last 2 months. However, the team is still young with a vastly inexperienced manager with games against teams that have had their own issues. Arsenal lost to both Everton and Man United at the beginning of December as well as being smashed to pieces away at Liverpool back end of November

Arsenal fans would be looking at the fixtures against City, Liverpool and Tottenham as tests to see how much improvement has really been made.

Personally, I don't think we'll win any of those matches BUT I'm more interested in how competitive we are. Against Liverpool and Man City we average 3+ goals conceded over the last 10 games, absolutely horrific performances.

Losses are acceptable, it's part of learning. Garbage performances are not and we'll get a sniff of just how well Arteta can do now that form/injuries aren't excuses.

Not sure the best place to put this.

Was talking to a mate at the footy today who's a Gunner. Scary the players he said are likely out.

Runarrson, Leno, Bellerin, Lacazette, Nketiah, Guendouzi, Pepe, Mari, Torreira, Cedric (possible), El Neny (possible), AMN, Nelson (??).

A lot of outs (definite or likely). Lots of players needed with European game load next season.
Does Kroenke provide the funds to bring in good replacements??

Was talking to a mate at the footy today who's a Gunner. Scary the players he said are likely out.

Runarrson, Leno, Bellerin, Lacazette, Nketiah, Guendouzi, Pepe, Mari, Torreira, Cedric (possible), El Neny (possible), AMN, Nelson (??).

A lot of outs (definite or likely). Lots of players needed with European game load next season.
How many mins have they contributed to the current 44 game season their squad has had?

I said in the Arsenal thread that over the last 5 years Arsenal have spent €371m on transfers. Kroenke has had no issue providing funds, they have just been misspent.

Bellerin, Leno, Guendouzi, Torreira, Pepe, Mari, AMN, Cedric and Nelson are all contracted for next season and will at least generate additional revenues from sales. Don't be surprised to see Xhaka leave either.

We'll probably spend another €100m-€200m depending on sales.

Runnarrson, Leno, Laca, Nketiah, Guendouzi (joining OM permanently), Pepe, Mari, Torreira will definitely leave.

El Neny is a good squad player and seems to be a good character for the dressing room. Limited player, but does his job and does it to an acceptable standard. Always works his socks off too.

Bellerin I am unsure on, Shoei seems to think he will stay (not against it).

No idea on AMN. Will want to play a lot, but I think he thinks he is a much better player than he actually is.

And as for Cedric, the less said the better.

How many mins have they contributed to the current 44 game season their squad has had?
A lot of them would be zero minutes, but doubt that matters given Sky had a quote from Arteta talking about back in January where they went from 28 players to 19 apparently. Will need more squad filler for Europa League.
I said in the Arsenal thread that over the last 5 years Arsenal have spent €371m on transfers. Kroenke has had no issue providing funds, they have just been misspent.

Bellerin, Leno, Guendouzi, Torreira, Pepe, Mari, AMN, Cedric and Nelson are all contracted for next season and will at least generate additional revenues from sales. Don't be surprised to see Xhaka leave either.

We'll probably spend another €100m-€200m depending on sales.
You'd think that'd be 100m just on striker replacements. Failure to get Jesus would make me wonder what other quality striker additions could be made. The market for quality has few availabilities.

Very interesting summer window for all I reckon. How long will the status quo remain the same once Newcastle activate their cheat code.

Reckon this is a window where United, Arsenal and Us need to nail transfers to finish high up. Next season we're likely playing for 5 UCL places.

A lot of them would be zero minutes, but doubt that matters given Sky had a quote from Arteta talking about back in January where they went from 28 players to 19 apparently. Will need more squad filler for Europa League.

You'd think that'd be 100m just on striker replacements. Failure to get Jesus would make me wonder what other quality striker additions could be made. The market for quality has few availabilities.

Very interesting summer window for all I reckon. How long will the status quo remain the same once Newcastle activate their cheat code.

Reckon this is a window where United, Arsenal and Us need to nail transfers to finish high up. Next season we're likely playing for 5 UCL places.
I don't mind him killing off the deadwood as long as it's replaced. Similar to us. We've used 16 players regularly. With the backup full backs, Skipp Lucas and Dave the only guys Conte trusts from the non starters today

283633280_428325762628538_7382351845799921304_n.jpg

The lack of forwards on the market is one that's going to be an issue for a lot of clubs around Europe IMO.

It's the one position I think Tottenham is supremely lucky to have two genuine world class players and should be fighting tooth and nail to keep Son and Kane.

The lack of forwards on the market is one that's going to be an issue for a lot of clubs around Europe IMO.

It's the one position I think Tottenham is supremely lucky to have two genuine world class players and should be fighting tooth and nail to keep Son and Kane.
The Kane leaving ship has sailed now I think. He will play out his career at Tottenham and I cant see Son going anywhere now that Spurs secured CL and have Conte in charge.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back