Opinion As a newer fan what do I need to know about the Saints

Remove this Banner Ad

And listen to Louis Armstrong's version of, oh when the saints go marching in, bestie version

Last edited:

I think the amazing thing about the St Kilda Football Club is that despite the club having very little success over 150 years, and extended periods of mediocrity, it has a surprisingly large core of supporters who adore the club.

The club stirs the passions and emotions like no other. We are constantly disappointed and disillusioned, but we always come back supporting the team, dreaming that the next Premiership will come. And it will happen. For us, it is the holy grail.

When we win matches and are genuine contenders (which hasn’t been that often) we enjoy and celebrate like no other group of supporters. It’s a real roller coaster, but the highs are unbelievably high. We dream that our day will come. It’s actually an adrenaline rush because the club has had such a long history of struggle.

You couldn’t have chosen a better club to support. Enjoy the ride and share the emotions with us. It won’t be long until you are as passionate as us. But be prepared to experience disappointment. It will happen, but will make the good times even sweeter.

Still with us Senators? You see what we mean right? :tearsofjoy:

Don't go into this Thread
Round 5, 2021: St.Kilda v Richmond *MADDIE'S MATCH* *CARLISLE 150TH*
You've been warned

Yeah still here lol. Wasn't able to watch last week's game though unfortunately. Although after I saw the score I thought maybe it wasn't the worst game to miss lol.
Hang in there Mate

Who knows 60 to 70 years things might turn for us

Remove this Banner Ad

Back