AS FROM TOMORROW BOYCOTT ALL CHINESE GOODS

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't know where you get this china is elite sh*t from but the quality of manufacturing has been massively lower in any product that has decided to shift manufacturing to china, we used to be able to buy a fridge that lasted 30 years now its 6 months and it's falling apart.

They aren't doing anything that an India or Thailand couldn't do if trained and as China have done some simple tariffs placed on Chinese imported goods like they have done with our exports to them and anything they made independently would be irrelevant as it would cost double for the same thing.

A paperboy in Australia would be on triple the average wage in china, you can call that not 3rd world if you like.

From what you post, it’s obvious you have little knowledge or experience regarding the topics you speak on. Just some bloke with not enough nous to realise where your knowledge stops and your opinion starts. Seriously this is like listening to some young Tigers poster insisting their current side is better than the Lions threepeat team.

The only way out of this mess is if big companies like Apple, Intel, Google, etc shift their manufacturing to other 3rd world countries but they only care about padding their wallets so they wont do it.
Samsung have already moved their manufacturing to India and Vietnam, as have Sony with Thailand. Those are two brands you could buy.

If the goal is to wean ourselves off the Chinese economic teat, we absolutely need other markets to buy manufactured goods from and sell our resources and agricultural products to. I'd be backing the Indian horse, because they're the only market anywhere near as big.

Last edited:

Chinese communist ideology vs American free market economy thinking.
Now both very grey areas with blurry lines..
It's going to be an interesting & sometimes painful decade.

Just don't confuse Chinese people with the communist party.
Most Chinese people would love to talk publicly about being unable to vote but fear for their families lives..
Others have been brainwashed from day 1.
Nothing lasts forever not even nations.
As the communist party expands it's borders & powers it becomes weaker internally, just ask the Soviet republic or the Roman empire.
All hail freedom of speech & human beings.
Viva la peace
This, having lived in China I can tell you most Cinese hate the CCP. They are just scared of what will happen to their families if they speak up. The people are the biggest victims of the CCP as they have no way out as other governments, including our own are willing to ignore their actions

This could happen here as well. Don't think it can't
This is the ridiculous private funding model the brought in in the UK.

Absolute farce, with fundamentalist evolution-denying Christians starting "academies", among other things.

The base Google OS is open source, they can't stop anyone using it.

The secret sauce that Google supply extra hasn't been provided to Huawei for years. That's why if you have a Huawei phone from the mate 10 onwards you needed to download the gsm from APK or the like.

Since last year even that's no longer an option (which also means all Google apps cannot work on a Huawei)

Fwiw as someone with a Huawei it makes no difference. Most the apps I want are now in the Huawei store. Those that aren't (exc Google) I can get via APK

For the Google, I just switched to alternatives from Microsoft and so on. The only one I couldn't really was YouTube, but I can still use a browser to watch (so no issue)
I do everything within my power to avoid Google. So the Huawei ban actually suited me.

Never really understood why people are terrified of China spying on them - but are cool with the US doing it?

I do everything within my power to avoid Google. So the Huawei ban actually suited me.

Never really understood why people are terrified of China spying on them - but are cool with the US doing it?

Yep

The hold up on digital mobiles replacing analogue was the Feds, they needed to make sure they could hack them before we got them

Anyone thinking govt doesn't have access to our s**t is delusional

This, having lived in China I can tell you most Cinese hate the CCP. They are just scared of what will happen to their families if they speak up. The people are the biggest victims of the CCP as they have no way out as other governments, including our own are willing to ignore their actions

I've said for a long time, the CCPs biggest threat is the Chinese people. They are scared of their own people.

Not the US, India, The EU, nobody but their own.

One wants to make money, the other is slowly trying to take over our entire country. In any case surely you don't think yourself so important that a country would care about your name and search history on the internet

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One wants to make money, the other is slowly trying to take over our entire country. In any case surely you don't think yourself so important that a country would care about your name and search history on the internet

Well some argue that we're the 51st state.

But regardless, the topic of data privacy and data mining goes far, far deeper than a country wanting to know my online shopping habits.

Well some argue that we're the 51st state.

But regardless, the topic of data privacy and data mining goes far, far deeper than a country wanting to know my online shopping habits.
Only thing we are a state of is the republic of China, they already own half our farmland and own one of our shipping ports, as it stands if there was some sort of animal flu through the rest of the world we would starve to feed them.

The topic may expand far far deeper as you say, but as I said unless you think.yourself important no it doesn't go any deeper then that for the majority of us.

The topic may expand far far deeper as you say, but as I said unless you think.yourself important no it doesn't go any deeper then that for the majority of us.

My personal information is important to me. My privacy is very important to me.

In isolation, my online shopping habits are only important to those trying to sell me s**t.

But if you have access to a large percentage of an entire nation's shopping habits, movements, likes and dislikes, political views, eating habits, energy consumption, health data, employment details, financial records, etc. etc. - then you. potentially have enormous power and influence.

Data mining isn't just done for a laugh.

Elections are won and lost by analysing the population's data. In China, their government can demand companies hand over their customer's data. In the US (and here), they just buy it.

I'm not here to tell people how they should feel about their privacy. That's a personal thing and a very broad topic. But in terms of the data that we cough up every time we pick up our phone or login to our PC - to underestime its value is very naive.

Thread needs to be moved to an "Aussie Pride" bogan Facebook group, will get plenty of likes there.
From what I can tell that’s about 95% of Facebook content.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back