ASADA case against Essendon hanging by a thread (The Age, 1 Nov 14)

Remove this Banner Ad

The fact that AFL made poor decisions. Does not thus mean that the result of those decisions (ie EFC 2013 penalties) means essendon are "Guilty as charged". It purely means that the AFL used the media and punishments to make the average footy fan believe essendon are guilty without looking at all the facts.

We are into the third year of the AFL Drugs Saga if it was a clear cut case the players would have accepted penalty offers and would have served them by now.

I hope more of the average fans look at this investigation what it was. A clear example of the AFL doing everything they can to protect their brand and they do not care who they hurt as long as they protect their brand, their pay packets. The AFL takes you the average fan as a fool, do you want to continue being one.

just think it may be your club next time.
The fact that AFL made poor decisions. Does not thus mean that the result of those decisions (ie EFC 2013 penalties) means essendon are innocent as charged".

They either didn't or there were no penalty offers.

Yes the AFL tried to protect their brand but that doesn't mean that efc are innocent.

That depends on whether my club trips to dope its players and cover it up.

Last edited:
Unfortunately your reply pretty much backs up Jerry's comment.

How the hell can you respond to that? And has Jerry PM'd me asking if I've questioned my club? How would he know?

Much easier to fling mud isn't it.

How the hell can you respond to that? And has Jerry PM'd me asking if I've questioned my club? How would he know?

How are the party plans coming along old chap? I haven't received my invite as yet :(

You could have said "Jerry how do you know if Ive questioned my club" instead you typed lol, which unfortunately backed up his comments, IMO.

Im sure many Essendon supporters have questioned the club about this fiasco, I'm guessing not enough though.

You could have said "Jerry how do you know if Ive questioned my club" instead you typed lol, which unfortunately backed up his comments, IMO.

Im sure many Essendon supporters have questioned the club about this fiasco, I'm guessing not enough though.

I consult you before any posts I make.

Don't mind me. Nothing to add here - just test driving the tapatalk app.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It doesn't give you all notifications I find.

So members couldn't hand back their memberships in a sign to the SANFL that they were not pleased with the current board?

I'm sure they'd listen if they lost all membership revenue.

Have you seen our waiting list? That's an empty threat and most people knew it, especially with the move to Adelaide oval coming up. A couple of people did do so, but they were then immediately filled by someone from the wait list.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's shithouse.
Ok. Good input and noted, except you're a BF mod so could have a conflict of interest. And Dapper could be Murdoch or something. Actually, that isn't the dumbest thought I've ever had (but it's close maybe).

I'll carry on with my compare and contrast and report back. 2pm on the 31st. People will be on the edge of their seats.

Ok. Good input and noted, except you're a BF mod so could have a conflict of interest. And Dapper could be Murdoch or something. Actually, that isn't the dumbest thought I've ever had (but it's close maybe).

I'll carry on with my compare and contrast and report back. 2pm on the 31st. People will be on the edge of their seats.
Im completely impartial, dude.

I'm just an internerd user, like everyone else.

Have you seen our waiting list? That's an empty threat and most people knew it, especially with the move to Adelaide oval coming up. A couple of people did do so, but they were then immediately filled by someone from the wait list.

So in essence, Crows fans were angry, but not angry enough to risk losing your seat?

I actually think you and I are on the same page. It's just the different colours blurring things.

Hmm 2pm is 11am in Perth. I'm not usually up before 12. Reckon they'll change the time for me?

I think thats a harsh generalisation to all essendon supporters (the original comment not yours). So the response was probably justified. People seem to forget of the changes that have actually taken place at essendon from huge changes to our coaching staff, fitness department to our CEO and board.

The comments that Essendon haven't done enough almost solely relate to James Hird still being at the club. The detail as to how or if he had any involvement in this is still to be confirmed. We still are yet to hear James Hird's side of the story. For mine the way I look at it is the players were wronged one way or another and they (more then anyone else) know what went on and how it happened at Essendon. The important factor for me here is that they are 100% behind Hird- that for mine is what matters at this stage until more information comes to light

Remove this Banner Ad

Back