No Oppo Supporters ASADA/WADA/Essendon* Discussion (Swans Posters Only)

Remove this Banner Ad

Hirdy blaming everything from excel , media to jesus himself

Actually that is refreshing.

By the sound of it Hird has realized he actually is not directly related to the diety and is as such a mortal accountable to the laws of men.

Well done, Gerard.

Called Hird on a few things that are more fiction than fact and responded to Hird's replies with some great follow up questions.

Hird is definitely a smooth and intelligent character but some of what he believes - or claims to believe - was shown to be pretty superficial and testable through some pragmatic questioning.

After that happened, Mark Robinson referred to the Essendon coach as "Jim". That was about the most incisive or noteworthy thing he did in the interview.

Last edited:
Well done, Gerard.

Called Hird on a few things that are more fiction than fact and responded to Hird's replies with some great follow up questions.

Hird is definitely a smooth and intelligent character but some of what he believes - or claims to believe - was shown to be pretty superficial and testable through some pragmatic questioning.
Summary for those of us who don't donate to Murdoch's fascist New World Order propaganda machine plz.

RW can we post the picture of the 34 players now CAS named them?

Thought i better check first

Yeah I saw that, they named them but apparently they weren't supposed to. I wouldn't personally.

Summary for those of us who don't donate to Murdoch's fascist New World Order propaganda machine plz.

I'm probably going to mess some of this up but here goes.

The discussion was revolving around Hird maintaining that the players were innocent, were proven "comprehensively" to have done nothing wrong by the AFL tribunal. Gerard pretty steadfastly said "well no, that's not right". Gerard refuted it pretty easily by saying something to the effect of "well, that question was never actually asked of the tribunal because the first two questions (regarding the substances from China that Alavi was compounding and then given to Dank) were thrown out because of a lack of evidence due to ridiculous record-keeping.

Hird countered with a pretty superficial and lazy "well, were they found guilty or not?", to which Gerard argued in a similar fashion to the above, ie. your club and Dank have been so duplicitous or incompetent that we don't have any records to find you guilty of. After this Hird backed off and said something to the effect of "oh well, I believe they will be found innocent again in the future".

On this topic, Gerard asked Hird how he can be so confident of Essendon's lack of wrongdoing when the records were so poorly kept. Hird suggested he had seen records of another drug (cannot remember its name, definitely not TB4) that was purchased and given to the players and did not see any records of TB4. Gerard maintained a pretty inquisitive tone regarding the lack of records kept by the club.

Gerard then moved on to how Hird, as a parent himself, would feel if his children could not be told by their football club what substance they were given. Hird batted this away by saying he was happy with it because the medical team that had spoken to the players had been confident that despite not knowing exactly what was given, there was no reason to think that something might go wrong with a player's health...despite these drugs not being allowed for human use at the time.

Finally, Gerard asked Hird if he believed he still felt, in light of all that has gone on, that he remains the right person to coach the club. Hird suggested that was for the players to decide and earlier today they told him that, indeed, they wanted him to coach them harder than every before from now on. He asked Hird if he had any "compunction" (which I had to look up, good word though) that prevented him from thinking he was the man for the job. Obviously, Hird said no he did not and that it wasn't about him. Of course it isn't.

All the while, Mark Robinson sat with his legs crossed, sucking on a lolipop, waiting for the adults to let him talk. When they did, he called Hird "Jim". That's about all he contributed.

Robinson got showed up by Bucks last night aswell.

Not having a good week.
Really?

I thought it was the total opposite and Buckley just whined that stuff isn't fair because it isn't. Kind of pathetic actually.

Journalism is lazy because shut up he explained, in other words.

RW can we post the picture of the 34 players now CAS named them?

Thought i better check first

As much as it's unfair to the 34 players to have their names released ( o_O :rolleyes: ), I think it's also unfair that other players have had their reputations unfairly grubbied up despite not being injected with mystery substances. I'm sure a few players are actually happy that it happened :thumbsu:.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Love that apparently ASADA misplaced key evidence. Apparebtly they made ONLY ONE copy of the excel spreadsheet for ASADA then deleted it from the rubbish bin, and then formatted the harddrive. :rolleyes:

I often print crucial spreadsheets then just wipe the hard drives and smash any usb drives or delete from servers

Gotta be secure

My essendon mate reckons afl came in and grabbed the computers...

Why wouldn't you just split the spreadsheet into different files so that none of them make any sense on their own?

I'm probably going to mess some of this up but here goes.

The discussion was revolving around Hird maintaining that the players were innocent, were proven "comprehensively" to have done nothing wrong by the AFL tribunal. Gerard pretty steadfastly said "well no, that's not right". Gerard refuted it pretty easily by saying something to the effect of "well, that question was never actually asked of the tribunal because the first two questions (regarding the substances from China that Alavi was compounding and then given to Dank) were thrown out because of a lack of evidence due to ridiculous record-keeping.

Hird countered with a pretty superficial and lazy "well, were they found guilty or not?", to which Gerard argued in a similar fashion to the above, ie. your club and Dank have been so duplicitous or incompetent that we don't have any records to find you guilty of. After this Hird backed off and said something to the effect of "oh well, I believe they will be found innocent again in the future".

On this topic, Gerard asked Hird how he can be so confident of Essendon's lack of wrongdoing when the records were so poorly kept. Hird suggested he had seen records of another drug (cannot remember its name, definitely not TB4) that was purchased and given to the players and did not see any records of TB4. Gerard maintained a pretty inquisitive tone regarding the lack of records kept by the club.

Gerard then moved on to how Hird, as a parent himself, would feel if his children could not be told by their football club what substance they were given. Hird batted this away by saying he was happy with it because the medical team that had spoken to the players had been confident that despite not knowing exactly what was given, there was no reason to think that something might go wrong with a player's health...despite these drugs not being allowed for human use at the time.

Finally, Gerard asked Hird if he believed he still felt, in light of all that has gone on, that he remains the right person to coach the club. Hird suggested that was for the players to decide and earlier today they told him that, indeed, they wanted him to coach them harder than every before from now on. He asked Hird if he had any "compunction" (which I had to look up, good word though) that prevented him from thinking he was the man for the job. Obviously, Hird said no he did not and that it wasn't about him. Of course it isn't.

All the while, Mark Robinson sat with his legs crossed, sucking on a lolipop, waiting for the adults to let him talk. When they did, he called Hird "Jim". That's about all he contributed.

Gerard's questioning made me feel that after all this Hird still didnt quite understand what happened... I mean they werent found innocent in ther tribunal were they? They werent comfortably satisfied doping occurred.

Hird's wife should remain his lawyer.

Gerard's questioning made me feel that after all this Hird still didnt quite understand what happened... I mean they werent found innocent in ther tribunal were they? They werent comfortably satisfied doping occurred.

Hird's wife should remain his lawyer.

The players were found not guilty due to a lack of evidence, due to Dank and or Essendon recording what they gave very irresponsibly and or incompetently. It's intellectually dishonest of Hird to claim that the players were comprehensively found to be not guilty of having been injected with TB4. The tribunal didn't consider that question because of the lack of evidence and recording in determining that it was indeed TB4 that Alavi received from Charter, compounded for Dank and then gave to Dank to use.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back