No Oppo Supporters ASAGA - The Final Chapter - Appeal Dismissed (Page 12) - The End

Remove this Banner Ad

If there aren't bans and/or missed finals, etc. for this, then heads will roll. There's been a precedence set now. It needs to be maintained, regardless of the team.

If there aren't bans and/or missed finals, etc. for this, then heads will roll. There's been a precedence set now. It needs to be maintained, regardless of the team.

What precedent? We were punished under an interpretation of a catch-all rule that is ill-defined. TPTB set no precedent unless, arguably, they are confronted with a wholly identical scenario.

Doubtful, will be swept under.

Funny how Mick Warner reopened the Talia case and put some explosive stuff out there and a day later Patrick Smith writes about Asada potentially suspending these guys and delivering legal findings to AFL.

I reckon he was fed bullshit, lapped it up and ran with it. Mick Warner a day later stated Asada has not delivered legal findings to the AFL.

... meanwhile the wait on Bock continues. How fortunate for the ASADA investigator to forget their dictaphone on the Aeroplane all those year ago.
How will it be swept under? If asada have decided infractions are appropriate there's no rug that will help. See: EFC 2012 for reference

Can you believe this s**t...

...and his gf was overseas at the time!!

Seriously if every disaffected or possibly unhinged individual emails ASADA when a player/s dabble in illicit drugs, teams will struggle to field 22 players each week - It's a disgrace this individual has sent an email to ASADA - An absolute disgrace - I have no doubt that random people often contact clubs about extra-curricular activities of players which is handled internally by clubs - But for an individual to send an email to ASADA when they weren't present at the time, and in fact was overseas, suggests the individual is a nasty piece of work.

Where's the AFL governance? GC and now GWS

Did they do background checks on Gubby Allan and Lambert? They surely must have know Allan worked at Collingwood previously and could not be trusted.

What is happening with Bock. Surely they want to send a clear message that PED should never be considered even when trying to recover from injuries.

Bock will never be charged because Robinson is immune from prosecution - Though Essendon players were found guilty of taking TB4 by CAS, yet Dank was cleared of this offence by the AFL Anti-Doping Tribunal.

The only thing I got out of that is that there are apparently AFL Regulations that specify award of the Brownlow and that are publicly available online. I've gone looking for it before but found nothing aside from a wikipedia page... hmm.

edit: and that results in this:

http://s.afl.com.au/staticfile/AFL Tenant/AFL/Files/AFL Regulations - 2015.pdf

So was he "found guilty" under the "AFL Anti-Doping Code"?

The bigger picture is Kane like a number of other eminent lawyers is expressing disquiet at the decision of the CAS Tribunal - Lawyers are very careful with their language when criticising legal decisions.

Seriously if every disaffected or possibly unhinged individual emails ASADA when a player/s dabble in illicit drugs, teams will struggle to field 22 players each week - It's a disgrace this individual has sent an email to ASADA - An absolute disgrace - I have no doubt that random people often contact clubs about extra-curricular activities of players which is handled internally by clubs - But for an individual to send an email to ASADA when they weren't present at the time, and in fact was overseas, suggests the individual is a nasty piece of work.

No what's funny is the crap excuse Allan & Co have come up with to cover their arses. Why would they need such as story so Whitfield could avoid his gf? Especially if he gf was overseas at the time.

This is a fairly serious offence to avoid a drug test. Probably 4 year ban....two if they're lucky. But if Saad got 18 months, these guys are in deep shite.

No what's funny is the crap excuse Allan & Co have come up with to cover their arses. Why would they need such as story so Whitfield could avoid his gf? Especially if he gf was overseas at the time.

This is a fairly serious offence to avoid a drug test. Probably 4 year ban....two if they're lucky. But if Saad got 18 months, these guys are in deep shite.

You can't see the forest from the trees - This is a disaffected person ( who was overseas at the time ) who chose to directly contact ASADA with an allegation about illicit drug use - You better hope that Essendon boys don't associate with any disaffected individuals when they are having a 'party' - This action is setting a dangerous precedent - And this action by the individual is giving a free pass to ASADA - I am yet to be convinced that Whitfield has missed a drug test, seeing you can't miss a test because athletes never know when they will be tested - And if Whitfield missed a drug test at the time he would be charged with either refusing a drug test or failing the whereabouts clause - The irony is that the individual who was so concerned about Whitfield's welfare chose to send an email to ASADA, rather than a D and A organisation.

I do love the idea that the drug thing is a ruse to deal with the girlfriend. That's kinda in the realm of how Homer Simpson buys illegal fireworks.

I do love the thing that you can be overseas and know that Whitfield took drugs.

Last edited:
I do love the idea that the drug thing is a ruse to deal with the girlfriend. That's kinda in the realm of how Homer Simpson buys illegal fireworks.

The mind boggles how anyone could keep a straight face suggesting texting of taking drugs, hiding out etc would be a ruse to aid in dealing with a girlfriend. How does that help? Texting one another - it's absurd. Genuinely believe the dog ate my homework excuse is more believable. If these officials don't get 4 year bans it is laughable.

Do we really want people copping 4 year bans for missing a test that never took place? Come on that's just ******* vindictive.

They guy was on coke or something, he wasn't taking a PED.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do we really want people copping 4 year bans for missing a test that never took place? Come on that's just ******* vindictive.

Hoe do you know that, exactly?

Seems to me we're all so determined to believe the best and swallow up any bullshit story, and the "cocaine cut with peds" strikes me as the biggest load of s**t since "i kissed a girl in a club who had coke on her lips". I mean, really?

I apply Occam's Razor and to me the most likely reason you're terrified of a ped test is because you've taken peds

But it might have been cut with clen. CLEN damnit!
Won't somone think of the implications/children [/lovejoy.jpg]

This is only another reason the afl needs walk away from the wada code, it works for individuals who compete at the Olympics once every 4 yrs but young blokes playing week in week out for work and trying to live a normal life it just don't work, sure we don't ped's in the game but who really gives a s**t if these guys are drinking beers or doing a couple lines in their own private life

Maybe so, but ASADA needs cooperation from everyone to catch drug cheats. If Dank cooperated in 2013 we'd have been over our Saga by 2014.

The issue is not the email. The issue is the player may have taken PEDs and thus tried to evade testing. It can't be allowed to happen.

It seems fairly clean cut on the face of it. Sanctions should reflect the governance failings and coordinated underhanded manner with which club officials actively sought to circumvent ASADA/AFL anti doping obligations.
I'd like to see 2 years for all players and officials involved. A thorough review of the club and it's dealings by an external body would be highly recommended also. Clearly the AFL cannot be trusted to investigate its own love child as they've already managed to walk over this lump in the rug for 12 months.

I do love the thing that you can be overseas and know that Whitfield took drugs.

Maybe he'd sent images via carrier pigeon, videos via telegram or used some other kind of newfangled communication method to convey information from one party to another?

It reads to me that there are incriminating texts between the parties covered by WADA. Regardless of any testimony from the disgruntled gf.

Players are supposed to keep big brother updated with their whereabouts / changes to current residence. So even if the alibi has truth, it's a monumental stretch to suggest oversight by 3 parties that would clearly know their obligations especially in the current climate.

Anyway * ASADA

Hoe do you know that, exactly?

Seems to me we're all so determined to believe the best and swallow up any bullshit story, and the "cocaine cut with peds" strikes me as the biggest load of s**t since "i kissed a girl in a club who had coke on her lips". I mean, really?

I apply Occam's Razor and to me the most likely reason you're terrified of a ped test is because you've taken peds
I think so too, but at the same time 4 years is far too harsh a penalty for this sport.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back