No Oppo Supporters ASAGA - The Final Chapter - Appeal Dismissed (Page 12) - The End

Remove this Banner Ad

Whats done is done but i agree with Kelvin on this. I think there is a lot more to come out and i think it is reasonable people can read about it on here. If people are done with it then dont come into the thread and read. Maybe make a new thread i dont know but i am always more than interested in what pops up from here on.
I tend to agree with Kelvin on this as well. If other posters want to move on, simply don't enter the thread. Evidence is what it is, and a corrupt and biased judicial process has seen some great people dragged through the s***. Should evidence come to light that necessitates a revision, as fans we should have a way to revise. Jobe Watson is about to lose his Brownlow medal. If evidence ever surfaces that clears the players, I'd hope the AFL gives it back (incidentally, this is also why the 2012 medal in the books shousld be marked with an asterisk).

Perfect location for it IMO and probably not worth closing... Just let the thread quietly be forgotten about over time.

I think there needs to be balance between acknowledging the damage ("lest we forget") and not letting it define us, the players and the club. Constantly rehashing the arguments lets it define us. Forgetting it denies the devastation caused to the players.

At the risk of being melodramatic, I am reminded of the quote of Bill Deane at the AWM's Anzac exhibit:

"ANZAC is not merely about loss. It is about courage, and endurance, and duty, and love of country, and mateship, and good humour and the survival of a sense of self-worth and decency in the face of dreadful odds."

The saga was an unmitigated catastrophe for the players. As Jobe said, "The negative impact it has had should not define who we are, however I believe it has undoubtedly changed us in various ways." The players lost. They endured unbelievable pressure for 4 years (which coincidentally is the same span of WW1). They, particularly Jobe, showed courage and mateship throughout and it is clear that Jobe's sense of self-worth and decency has survived. I hope it is the same for the others. They've shown exceptional loyalty to the club, even those who have left. We owe it to them to not forget their loss.

The saga has changed us all. We might as well acknowledge it. For me, the Anzac Day match will have heightened significance this year.

EDIT: Just to make it clear, I'm not saying the players are Anzac heroes - that would be utterly stupid. I'm saying that they've had to experience significant loss within the context of their careers and had to learn about courage, mateship, decency and self-worth in unprecedented circumstances.

Last edited:
He's got to you too.

******* dossites.

dac74Al.gif

The most interesting thing for me was what Chip's articles revealed took place as CAS, stuff that hasn't been printed before AFAIK.
As if the CAS judgement wasn't contrived enough, just based on the reasoning in their decision (which had been published), with their willingness to make assumptions where they had no evidence, and their selective emphasis and belief of some evidence and not other.
Now Chip reveals
1. WADA changed the story between the tribunal hearing and the CAS hearing from Dank administering TB4 from clear vials from Feb 2012 onwards (as submitted to the tribunal) to him administering TB4 from coloured vials beginning some time after May 2012 (at CAS).
2. At Watson's ASADA interview in 2013 he said he had 8-10 injections from just before round 1 (Mar 2012) until early May 2012. Thus nothing during the revised timeframe of TB4 injections in WADA's presentation of the case to CAS.
3. When pressed for an explanation at CAS of a text to Dank, seemingly agreeing to an injection in Jul 2012, Watson recalled it and said he never intended to have it, and didn't have it, but was merely fobbing Dank off in his text reply to him. (CAS chose to disbelieve this.)
4. Watson was tested twice in 2012, once in January, before he had had any injections, and once in July, more than 2 mths after his last injection, according to his evidence. And yet CAS held it against him that he didn't declare any injections on his declaration form, which asks if players have anything to declare that they have received in the last 7 days that may affect the results.

More and more details of CAS unwillingness to weigh the evidence fairly, and how it contorted everything to fit its required result.

Last edited:
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/collin...12-months-over-whitfield-case-20161114-gsp18m

Collingwood football operations boss Graeme 'Gubby' Allan has agreed to a 12-month suspension as a result of the Lachie Whitfield drugs saga.

And Brisbane Lions welfare manager Craig Lambert will also miss a year of football for his role in helping Whitfield avoid drug testers in 2015. Allan and Lambert were with Greater Western Sydney at the time.

Whitfield's punishment has yet to be confirmed, but he was close to agreeing to a six-month suspension but remains hopeful he can return to training in mid March.

What happened to: 4 years, 4 years, 4 years?

It was never, ever going to be four years for any of them.

The inconsistency here is outrageous. The Collingwood players received the maximum penalty at the time of 2yrs. Whitfield was concerned he would suffer a similar fate so deliberately avoided a drug test. Then he and the officials lied about it trying to weasel their way out of it with blatant lies. So avoiding a drug test and making up lies results in a reduced sentence? Makes a mockery of anti doping. WADA are soft if they don't appeal this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No Parish, Francis, Dea, Kelly, number one pick and may still have Ryder, Crameri and Carlisle. That would be strange.
Crameri was 100% money

Anyway the supplements saga continues with Dank's appeal to the the AFL's Anti-Doping tribunal against his convictions in 2015 - Some interesting stuff will come out, though not directly implicating players - The actual result of the appeal is small change - The more interesting phase is if WADA renews their appea in the future against Dank's non-conviction for trafficking TB4.

Can't argue with that. To let down a guy who has grown up a Bomber and son of a legend, just really brings it home.
Makes it more amazing that just about all of them have returned. Can't dwell though, 2017 and onwards...

Not really mate. They are just like you and all of us. You may work for a company, but really, you work with people. It is the people and not the company that drives you. Football players are the same. Essendon may have done some s**t things to those that it employs but fundamentally, they are a close bunch of guys in the prime of their lives who really care about the guys they work with. Woosha will do great things with this group and you will soon understand what talent and an inclusive coach can do. I will be surprised if Essendon do not play finals within two years and probably next year.

Had to laugh how 'The Age' got completely wrong the order of proceedings for Dank's Appeal hearing - Chip sent out the nicest tweet stating it was factually wrong, then later wrote the correct order of proceedings - It's embarrassing how far more talented Chip is at this thing called journalism, compared to his competitors.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back