No Oppo Supporters ASAGA - The Final Chapter - Appeal Dismissed (Page 12) - The End

Remove this Banner Ad

So he's essentially copied the 4 million pages devoted to Bigfooty then?
Why would anyone want to relive that?

Nah. What he's done is take a cross section of different supporters, and asked them to describe what it was like.

Nah. What he's done is take a cross section of different supporters, and asked them to describe what it was like.

Don't take me serious mate, I was being a tad facetious in my first sentence.:thumbsu:

Still if people outside of our club can take anything from it then I guess that's a good thing. I wish him the very best with it.

Are you in there? Anyone from here?

Don't take me serious mate, I was being a tad facetious in my first sentence.:thumbsu:

Still if people outside of our club can take anything from it then I guess that's a good thing. I wish him the very best with it.

Are you in there? Anyone from here?

Yeah I'm in there.

To my knowledge I'm the only regular BigFooty poster in there.

Depression and relationship breakdowns for the supporters due to the saga?

Are we really going there?
I can understand people being dismayed and upset at the venom they've read and been exposed to because of it.

Relationship breakdowns? Ehhh. That's starting to take on a bit of a Blitz vibe...

Depression and relationship breakdowns for the supporters due to the saga?

Are we really going there?

You'd be surprised.

Some people didn't have an outlet like BigFooty to VENT.

If you do that with your partner, who has totally no interest in football - could cause friction, and friction has a tendency to snowball.

You'd be surprised.

Some people didn't have an outlet like BigFooty to VENT.

If you do that with your partner, who has totally no interest in football - could cause friction, and friction has a tendency to snowball.

I wouldn't be surprised.

But I don't think that's a healthy relationship. If you take football so seriously that you need to constantly vent about it (there's nothing wrong with that)... but have nobody else to vent to apart from a partner who has zero interest in football, I'd suggest you're probably not adopting a very balanced approach to life.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wouldn't be surprised.

But I don't think that's a healthy relationship. If you take football so seriously that you need to constantly vent about it (there's nothing wrong with that)... but have nobody else to vent to apart from a partner who has zero interest in football, I'd suggest you're probably not adopting a very balanced approach to life.

Well you can of course think as you will.

It's just footy. I know it's a throwaway line but Bunk is right.

Keeping perspective and not letting something like this ruin your life and those around you is pretty important.

Keeping perspective and not letting something like this ruin your life and those around you is pretty important.
That's very easy to say for someone with that perspective about things ;) I think it's safe to say we've met plenty of people who struggle with that perspective. Also, for a lot of people, footy is an escape from their real life. Their own issues including relationship issues, probably.

Yeah, it is. And certainly a balance I've struggled with in the past.

But then again, it also makes up a BIG chunk of your life.

The way I've worded it before: 'It's the most important unimportant thing in your life'.

Reckon you'll see that in a book some day soon. :D

Yeah, it is. And certainly a balance I've struggled with in the past.

But then again, it also makes up a BIG chunk of your life.

The way I've worded it before: 'It's the most important unimportant thing in your life'.

Reckon you'll see that in a book some day soon. :D

That's actually a very good way to put it!

All I know is that if it ever genuinely got to the point where the saga was affecting my relationship with my fiancée then I'd hope I'd slap myself upside the head and if I lacked the introspection to do so, I'd hope she would do it herself, before the situation becomes irretrievable.

It ain't healthy.

All I know is that if it ever genuinely got to the point where the saga was affecting my relationship with my fiancée then I'd hope I'd slap myself upside the head and if I lacked the introspection to do so, I'd hope she would do it herself, before the situation becomes irretrievable.

It ain't healthy.
Agree. But look at it the other way - when you're in a bad relationship already and the only joy you get in life (or so it seems) is the footy, then you can see why the relationship breakdown could be attributed to the footy - although in reality the issues were there in the first place.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back