No Oppo Supporters ASAGA - The Final Chapter - Appeal Dismissed (Page 12) - The End

Remove this Banner Ad

Remember the poster who had inside info that a player admitted to TB4 and was happy to spread via PM's?

Unfortunately some of our own gullible swallowed it and started to validate the rumour but saying they had the inside info also... clowns.

100% spot on with this post - Actually it was posted in the main forum.

Remember the poster who had inside info that a player admitted to TB4 and was happy to spread via PM's?

Unfortunately some of our own gullible swallowed it and started to validate the rumour but saying they had the inside info also... clowns.
It was that reasonable Carlton poster that regularly dropped in here from time to time iirc

It was that reasonable Carlton poster that regularly dropped in here from time to time iirc

The same Carlton poster who posted ( from testimony ) that an Essendon player admitted to taking TB4 - This should never have been posted in a public forum - That's why we have a PM facility.

Peter Gordon was on s.e.n today talking about the Essendon case and why it wasn't legal.

So my mate (richmond supporter) yet sympathetic to our plight sent me an email categorizing the ASAGA into the Star Wars movies.
I thought it was funny enough to share

First 2 years being the prequels
I - The Dank Menace
II - Attack of the Clowns (reporters, ASADA, mouthbreathing fans)
III - Revenge of the ?? he couldn't figure this one out

next two years being the original trilogy
IV - A New hope (when the players were initially cleared)
V - The Empire (WADA) strikes back (when players were banned)
VI - Return of the 12

I added in this one for the start of next season :)
VII - The Force Awakens

VI - Return of the 12

Preview of Round 1, 2017

Presumably this is going to be fixtured to be inhospitably interstate

Ackbar = Tanner
Lando = Worsfold
Nien Nunb = McKenna
Wedge = Heppell

"How can they be jamming us if they don't know that we're coming" = the bit where we remember that oh yeah interstate umpiring is JUST THE ******* WORST

You just have to read that article for the disbelief factor in the way the AFL lawyers went about their business.

Grainy Danish arthouse film? Jimmy Hird - Jimmy Stewart. Players stood no chance with these clowns protecting their interests.

Utter failure by everyone to get the best legal counsel. Howard Jacobs was available and we thought we knew better. Absolutely schooled.

It may be nearing an end but the problem is 70% of the population are morons and will never change so will will always be drug cheats. On top of that we will be the side that took advantage of cheating by finding quality players while it was going on. Most of the time if someone asks who i follow in the footy i say Penrith Panthers. Stops any stupid opinions from uninformed idiots that you do not want to hear.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A rare bit of Tanner in the media, update on a few asaga related things... (compensation and so forth). Fascinatingly stands by the AFL and the previous administration and the way they handled it... I guess without the benefit of hindsight the response to the situation would have been largely the same?

It may be nearing an end but the problem is 70% of the population are morons and will never change so will will always be drug cheats. On top of that we will be the side that took advantage of cheating by finding quality players while it was going on. Most of the time if someone asks who i follow in the footy i say Penrith Panthers. Stops any stupid opinions from uninformed idiots that you do not want to hear.

I still wear my Essendon gear with pride, am happy to tell whoever that I barrack for the Bombers. Outside of this board almost no one I talk to, including complete strangers at the local footy, say anything about it. A couple of close mates still s**t stir, but it's just that, good natured ribbing. I've had one person raise the saga in the past year, a Hawthorn twat running a cafe I'd taken the family to for morning tea. Asked him what made him think I gave a stuff what he thought and that was the end of it.

Black & Red, we're not dead!

GO BOMBERS!!!!!!!!!!

Peter Gordon was on s.e.n today talking about the Essendon case and why it wasn't legal.

Interesting. Gordon saying that if this Swiss court finds this should be under jurisdiction of Australian law then the players will win as under our laws ASADA/WADA had no right of appeal as it was not appealed under error of law. Reckons four renowned Australian judges have said there's no chance for WADA under Aust. Law.

Talk about pawns.

Interesting. Gordon saying that if this Swiss court finds this should be under jurisdiction of Australian law then the players will win as under our laws ASADA/WADA had no right of appeal as it was not appealed under error of law. Reckons four renowned Australian judges have said there's no chance for WADA under Aust. Law.

Talk about pawns.

Guess that has huge ramifications for CAS if the Swiss Court finds in favour of the players, so spose they better take their time & get it right...

For me, the most interesting, and disturbing, aspect of the HS article about what was presented in the CAS hearing was the AFL lawyer's labelling of the possible use of Thymomodulin as "nonsense".
The relevant words are:
"...(the gaps in our movie)....are not, in my submission, to do with whether Dank wanted TB-4. He didn't want thymosin alpha. He didn't want anything else. Thymomodulin, that's nonsense, he wanted TB-4. That part of the narrative in our movie is quite clear."

That undermines a major plank of the defence, being that what Dank used may not have been TB4. ASADA, from the beginning, dismissed the idea that Dank would use Thymomodulin on footballers, and so leapt to the conclusion that every reference to thymosin must have been TB4.
CAS accepted this, and now it comes to light that the AFL agreed.

I call BS.
Dank, in his texts to Dr. Bates of MFC, referred specifically to Thymomodulin being used to treat Trengove and others. Whether it was appropriate to use Thymomodulin to treat injuries and aid recovery is not the question. The question is whether Dank thought so. And the answer is a resounding YES. Why else did he specifically say to Bates that he was providing Thymomodulin? He had no reason at the that point in time (late 2012) to be covering anything up. There was no investigation at that time. He would merely have been offering to MFC the same treatments he had used at EFC, where he had just terminated.

The argument put up by ASADA, agreed to by CAS, and supported by the AFL, should have been strenuously opposed by the defence.
If that assertion about the inapplicability of Thymomodulin as a therapy had been successfully challenged CAS could not have just assumed, as they did, that TB4 had been used.
I don't know whether it was challenged.

You just have to read that article for the disbelief factor in the way the AFL lawyers went about their business.

Grainy Danish arthouse film? Jimmy Hird - Jimmy Stewart. Players stood no chance with these clowns protecting their interests.

Utter failure by everyone to get the best legal counsel. Howard Jacobs was available and we thought we knew better. Absolutely schooled.

Howard Jacobs only accepts cases where athletes admit guilt - Jacobs forte is getting discounted sentences for athletes - Hardly comparable to the Essendon 34.

For me, the most interesting, and disturbing, aspect of the HS article about what was presented in the CAS hearing was the AFL lawyer's labelling of the possible use of Thymomodulin as "nonsense".
The relevant words are:
"...(the gaps in our movie)....are not, in my submission, to do with whether Dank wanted TB-4. He didn't want thymosin alpha. He didn't want anything else. Thymomodulin, that's nonsense, he wanted TB-4. That part of the narrative in our movie is quite clear."

That undermines a major plank of the defence, being that what Dank used may not have been TB4. ASADA, from the beginning, dismissed the idea that Dank would use Thymomodulin on footballers, and so leapt to the conclusion that every reference to thymosin must have been TB4.
CAS accepted this, and now it comes to light that the AFL agreed.

I call BS.
Dank, in his texts to Dr. Bates of MFC, referred specifically to Thymomodulin being used to treat Trengove and others. Whether it was appropriate to use Thymomodulin to treat injuries and aid recovery is not the question. The question is whether Dank thought so. And the answer is a resounding YES. Why else did he specifically say to Bates that he was providing Thymomodulin? He had no reason at the that point in time (late 2012) to be covering anything up. There was no investigation at that time. He would merely have been offering to MFC the same treatments he had used at EFC, where he had just terminated.

The argument put up by ASADA, agreed to by CAS, and supported by the AFL, should have been strenuously opposed by the defence.
If that assertion about the inapplicability of Thymomodulin as a therapy had been successfully challenged CAS could not have just assumed, as they did, that TB4 had been used.
I don't know whether it was challenged.

The AFL was a party to proceedings - Their role was to make a submission regarding penalties if players were found guilty by CAS.

I still wear my Essendon gear with pride, am happy to tell whoever that I barrack for the Bombers. Outside of this board almost no one I talk to, including complete strangers at the local footy, say anything about it. A couple of close mates still s**t stir, but it's just that, good natured ribbing. I've had one person raise the saga in the past year, a Hawthorn twat running a cafe I'd taken the family to for morning tea. Asked him what made him think I gave a stuff what he thought and that was the end of it.

GO BOMBERS!!!!!!!!!!

OMG I had a bloke do that to me this year too, but at a Pub here in Ballarat. He was banging on about how it's affected the entire AFL community and he was over it. When he finished talking (which took a while) I just smiled at him and sarcastically mentioned that the great thing about Essendon supporters is that we love being sound boards for everyone else' opinion on the topic.

GO BOMBERS!!!!!!!!!!

you should have asked him if abusing junior umpires, excessive use of cocaine and drink driving is much better.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back