No Oppo Supporters ASAGA - The Final Chapter - Appeal Dismissed (Page 12) - The End

Remove this Banner Ad

Articles like this and the one about the Hawks leading the sports science injection race just show how open it is to interpretation as to what is innovative, pioneering or experimental...

I've got no doubt that the hierarchy of EFC thought they were being innovative and possibly best in class with the supplements program - probably a good argument it was. Then demetriou and Evans bring in their mate Ziggy and it's all of a sudden experimental, unproven and dangerous as opposed to innovative and pioneering...
My thoughts exactly, although whilst I would expect they have the proper oversight (unlike we did) I don't like his thinking on e.g. the military gum, it just goes against the grain for mine. A 1 percenter that is more like a 0.1 percenter for motivated and healthy young men already getting plenty of rest.

My thoughts exactly, although whilst I would expect they have the proper oversight (unlike we did) I don't like his thinking on e.g. the military gum, it just goes against the grain for mine. A 1 percenter that is more like a 0.1 percenter for motivated and healthy young men already getting plenty of rest.
The Stockholm Syndrome always amazes me.

We just assume that because the AFL and ASADA came after us that it proves that we *must* have been worse than every other team. Because the thought that huge systematic errors occur is too difficult for us to process.

There is zero evidence our regime was any more dangerous or had any less oversight than any other clubs' regimes.

If ASADA/AFL had gone after the Hawks, Collingwood, Melbourne or any other team they would have found more than enough things for journalists to weave a nasty sounding narrative around.

The entire program was a complete waste of time and money (if our on-field success was anything to go by) but other than that there was nothing wrong with it. The punishments from the AFL or ASADA should have been non-existent.

I have always hated the whole drug in sport hysteria. I couldn't stand watching the Olympics as everybody who got runner up immediately accused the champion of being a cheat. Drugs in sport just brings out the inner sanctimoniousness in people.

http://fancybear.net/

I Just know Hird is at the bottom of this

7842646-3x2-940x627.jpg

Last edited:
The Stockholm Syndrome always amazes me.

We just assume that because the AFL and ASADA came after us that it proves that we *must* have been worse than every other team. Because the thought that huge systematic errors occur is too difficult for us to process.

There is zero evidence our regime was any more dangerous or had any less oversight than any other clubs' regimes.

If ASADA/AFL had gone after the Hawks, Collingwood, Melbourne or any other team they would have found more than enough things for journalists to weave a nasty sounding narrative around.

The entire program was a complete waste of time and money (if our on-field success was anything to go by) but other than that there was nothing wrong with it. The punishments from the AFL or ASADA should have been non-existent.

I have always hated the whole drug in sport hysteria. I couldn't stand watching the Olympics as everybody who got runner up immediately accused the champion of being a cheat. Drugs in sport just brings out the inner sanctimoniousness in people.

With regard to oversight my point is that other clubs and sports I assume have now learnt their lesson, at the time I don't think we were the only ones by any means. I don't think the stuff we took was likely to be harmful but that is more good luck than anything going by the supposed supply chain - out of China via Charter's mate who supplied unlabelled bottles so Alavi didn't know where they came from - and his untrained mate had to pick the bottle with the right coloured lid. And I'm not even touching on what happened once it got here.

The hysteria over colostrum and calves blood (amongst other things) was ridiculous, and I agree that it was mostly useless and probably harmless. However we can't hide from the fact that our processes were s**t and we deserved to cop it for that. It sucks that others didn't but I'm sick of it. I just hope that eventually the truth comes out about what was going on elsewhere, preferably after a string of Essendon premierships.

And as for Stockholm syndrome I have had some fierce discussions at morning tea at work, I have asked some of my colleagues whether they would rather consume 50 Dianabol or 50 Aspirin, and explained that the one that would likely kill you is the asprin. I try not to let on how much I have followed this saga but they still think my knowledge in this field as a middle aged non-gym junkie woman is a bit odd.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That will ruffle a few feathers.
Its a pretty significant statement. Maybe those feathers deserve a ruffling... Counts for nothing legally/practically, but a peer assessment like Murph's especially if it isn't an anomaly amongst the player community (I would guess it isn't) has got to mean a lot to the banned ones

Had got the impression the majority of other players were in their corner but great that he's come out and said it publically. Hope a few others follow. Will help shut up some of their moronic supporters.

Murphy did specifically say it applies to all of them in his view.

Oh no doubt, and everyone in footy will have this view. I'm talking about the unwashed masses

Way to sook it up Matthews you sour nutcase.
The Doggies hand your s**t eating Hawks their arses and you can't stay composed enough shut ya clams, friggen pathetic.

MA
Way to sook it up Matthews you sour nutcase.
The Doggies hand your s**t eating Hawks their arses and you can't stay composed enough shut ya clams, friggen pathetic.
MAtthews has and always will be a tool of the highest order. If i never heard his voice again it would be no loss to my life of valuable information

Remove this Banner Ad

Back