ASCOT

Remove this Banner Ad

What was the general reaction like to BC's win on course? Thrilled? Underwhelmed? Or WTF just happened?

In the press in the days leading up it was just like home - press was "fair" and everybody was just keen to see her do her best.

On the train from London - Waterloo (hour trip), everybody knew about her. Old bloke I sat next to was a jumps enthusiast only, and was going out of his way (200 miles) to see her in the flesh. The crowd on the train was just like a Spring Carnival crowd (30-40%) of the people couldn't name three horses racing on the day - but everyone knew about BC.

Getting to the track, I reckon I saw 3/400+ BC ties worn by men (mine included). "Go Black Caviar" signs were also available - not sure if they were giveaways or you had to pay.

Talking to bookies hours before, they just wanted to see what all the fuss was about. Pretty sure she jumped at 1.16.

The whole day was about her. Everybody on course knew about her.

When she passed me, she was a length-ish in front and going away. Then Nolen did what he did / she stopped. I s**t my pants (fair to say I had a massive chunk on her at 1.50), but actually knew she won watching the big screen. I expected everyone to go up thinking they saw what I saw, but crowd was silent. Even after the second showing the crowd was on edge. People went wild when she won, then the next ten minutes was everyone's crazy post-mortems, then the next two hours was rumours aplenty. The fact that Nolen had to face the stewards was relayed on-course.

Test - I'm a numpty when it comes to this sort of stufff so we'll see how it goes:

001.jpg

There's the mounting yard pics from Royal Ascot as requested, taken around 1pm-ish from memory or well over an hour before the first.

Was bloody huge.

Fantastic photos....looks stunning!:thumbsu:

I'll see if this hotel Wifi will let me upload a video.

It's taken from the fence (average quality) about 140m from the line, sees BC zoom past in front, goes to the big screen, watches the chaos unfold then the aftermath of the result. From memory, I call out "just" (in the she just won) straight after passing the post.

Don't like my chances. Uploading at 9KB/sec and file size is 67MB so my guess is that would take some time.

I'll try and put up some more pics.

Unbelivable mounting yard.

Is the whole track as elegant and first rate as you see on TV JJ? Or do they just not show the GA areas/dirty bits of the course?

3 areas...Royal Enclosure, Grandstand and General Admission. Ticket comes with dress code instructions (suit, dress + hat minimum requested). Premium food & beverage on course in general.

I went in the Grandstand section and it's super impressive. Hollowed out inside like a mall with walkway access to outside rail & mounting yard. Even saw the Queen when she transferred into the Royal Box. After the days racing there is sing a longs a plenty around the band stand. To make a long story short it is like TV so just go if you can...

I'll see if this hotel Wifi will let me upload a video.

It's taken from the fence (average quality) about 140m from the line, sees BC zoom past in front, goes to the big screen, watches the chaos unfold then the aftermath of the result. From memory, I call out "just" (in the she just won) straight after passing the post.

Hopefully this works. Again, average quality. I won't post (after-time) what I had on the mare as that's seen as poor form in these parts - but it was at 1.50, it was in GBP, and it was in Soho-territory. Explains why some old tart who knew asked towards the end "so how do you feel now?"

Enjoy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's the mounting yard pics from Royal Ascot as requested, taken around 1pm-ish from memory or well over an hour before the first.

Was bloody huge.
Good job J.J. Got any of the old mare? The Queen that is K.P. got a thing for her.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back