Toast Ash Barty

Remove this Banner Ad

Bump.

Just won her third wta tour final. Her second for the year. Finishes the tennis year with a title and in the top 20
Outstanding.Well done Ash.:thumbsu:
I know 2 of her male fellow Aussies can learn alot from her.(But won't as they both have the heads way up there asses).

Great win from Barty , she"s only 5 foot five inches, competing against taller stronger women.We need to get her dowm to the club more.Perhaps she could be a runner for the Richmond womens team for a game for a novelty/promotion.

Great to see she's gone past 'put your undies in the premiership cup' Gavrilova.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/...r/news-story/14719866d46bc37ae6204b882112b10d

Aussie tennis star and passionate Richmond fan Ash Barty signs on as Tigers women’s footy member
Jon Anderson, Herald Sun
an hour ago
Subscriber only
You know how AFL clubs love to dress up bemused celebrities in their club colours? Well, take it as written that Ash Barty isn’t one of them.
From ABBA and John McEnroe (Carlton), Mr Bean (Collingwood), Sofia Vergara (Sydney) and Condoleezza Rice (Adelaide), it’s long been a favourite pastime at clubland even if the people in question couldn’t be less interested.
JACK HIGGINS: THE TIGER BRINGING FUN BACK TO FOOTY
UNIQUE LOOK: WHAT TO EXPECT IN SEASON 2019
KNEE FEARS: DOCTOR SENDS ALARMING LYNCH WARNING TO TIGERS

And then there is passionate Richmond fan Barty, 22, who bleeds yellow and black for her beloved Tigers as she explained to Jon Anderson this week.
Jon Anderson: How does a Queenslander end up barracking for the Tigers?
Ash Barty:
It started with Dad who supports West Tigers in the NRL, so it was natural to follow Richmond. The Tigers keep me sane when I’m overseas. I will be playing in the US when the AFL season begins but my coach is a Carlton supporter so we will have our customary bottle of red on the outcome.
722fa011f85b485fb661e89ac569b4a9
Ash Barty and her new Richmond jumper are ready for the 2019 season.
JA: You should have an overflowing cellar by now.
AB:
Exactly. I watch Richmond regardless of where I am in the world.
JA: Including the 2017 Grand Final?
AB:
I was in the middle of China and because of internet security I couldn’t watch it live so I FaceTimed my mum and watched it that way. Mum kept trying to talk and I kept telling her to talk after the game. It was bloody good.
JA: And now you’ve got your own jumper?
AB:
I have an array of Richmond guernseys at home. I have Cotch’s (Trent Cotchin) 2015 jumper hanging up and all the Dreamtime jumpers.
JA: Now Ash, can you do one thing for us and crack the top 10 in the rankings this year?
AB:
Don’t worry, I’m absolutely desperate to do that.
FREE AGENT: BRANDON ELLIS PUTS CONTRACT TALKS ON HOLD
CRYSTAL BALL: EXPERT PREDICTIONS FOR SEASON 2019

BARTY SIGNS ON AS TIGERS AFLW FOUNDATION MEMBER
Australian tennis star and raging Richmond fan Ash Barty has signed on as the Tigers’ first ever women’s football member ahead of the team’s inclusion in the AFLW next season.
RELATED CONTENT
1b59d13ec6c113c9e318ee465dc5b6aa

Crows are back, Power is on edge
Crows are back, Power is on edge

4ed4f1e2b8b0efca05aaf4fdcfab204f

SuperCoach: Every score from Crows v Power
SuperCoach: Every score from Crows v Power

similars

The Tigers, who have already passed 85,000 members for this season, have launched the new Women’s Football Foundation Membership for those wanting to back the team’s new women’s side.
de6db5422724cca7351c21de607e76e3
Barty in action during the Australian Open this year. Picture: Ian Currie
4f2da22134cb28d18db7c7e5c0f6dbcc
Richmond captain Trent Cotchin is a regular at Barty’s matches when he isn’t training. Picture: Michael Klein
Those who join up will also get access to three AFL games at the MCG this year, and every dollar of profit made from the sale of Richmond AFLW memberships will be poured back in the women’s football program at the club.
“Our members and supporters have given our men’s football program great passion and loyalty over our long history, so it’s exciting that we can offer new opportunities for them, as well as engage new fans to support our women’s football program,” Tigers CEO Brendon Gale said.
Richmond will enter the AFLW next season along with Gold Coast, West Coast and St Kilda.
COMMENTS

Show comments

GET OUR SUPERFOOTY'S TEAM DAILY WRAP
ic-field-logo.svg

Submit
template

MOST VIEWED
f7b5cbf49e29df634460feb076982fd3

Properties lost in bushfire as dozens rage across state
Properties lost in bushfire as dozens rage across state

bde1a76487899f53def77971d64f06ee

Gruesome end of last ‘full blood’
Gruesome end of last ‘full blood’

1d3a5c73d52ca79b8884b6352c411fa1

I’ve been ‘sacked’ from Footy Show: Newman
I’ve been ‘sacked’ from Footy Show: Newman

d5853baf837377ae3ef66226565daf38

Boutique heartbreak for club king’s daughters

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Couldn't care less. I want our seniors firing.
See right through you.
You obviously lost to her during your days on the Junior Girls tennis circuit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back