Ferguson
M Marsh or Faulkner
Neville
Johnson
Starc
Hazelwood
Lyons

or more simply NSW Shield Cricket team.

Cowan and Ferguson are too old. Same boat as now.

Kawaja is coming back from a ACL - not sure hes ready yet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't understand why there isn't just one brand of ball used across the world in every test match no matter where its played?

I've also wondered why the SANFL doesn't use a Sherrin?
Surely there is a difference to the Burley? I only own a Sherrin so I have no idea
Wouldn't it help our players to stick with the one ball
Also what ever happened to the Faulkner being used in the SANFL?

I'd kick him on his arse and tell him to **** off.

Worst captain since Kim Hughes.

Hate M Clarke

Don't really understand why. He's been pretty good as a captain IMO. The players he's had to work with are pretty average in comparison to the likes of what Border, Taylor, Waugh, and Ponting had.

If we are going to have an upheaval after the ashes series, then we need to get focused on what we need to be successful at test level. There are a few fundamentals that need to be non negotiable, one of them is picking a batting side that can reach 350+ every innings. Now, I am not saying we win with 350 but that should be a base expectation of what the batters should be providing to give the bowlers the fields to produce wickets.

That isn't going to happen if we fill our top 6 with a bunch of all rounders who average 30 in first class cricket, we actually don't need more bowling options as good as they are to have, we need the runs that allow us to set really attacking fields and put pressure on our opponents. Now, I'm not saying lets not have an all rounder but if we do, he needs to be a good enough bat or bowl to hold that spot on its own merit. Looking at our odi all rounders, none of them have that ability..sadly, Watson is the closest to that level. The other two all rounders from the ODI tournament, Faulkner and Marsh would be really handy number 7 or 8 batters but not top 6...and then is their bowling good enough to see them move a Starc or Johnson or keep a Patterson or Cummings out of the side?

Unfortunately, we are not blessed with a wicketkeeper like Gilly who could bat 6 if required, even someone who averaged 50 in FG cricket like Haddin was worked out at test level to an average in the late 30s ( which is still pretty good for a number 7). We do have the option of Wade but he is a shithouse keeper which is a pity but it is what it is.

the Ashes was a total * up

we cant play swing and we cant play spin so unless the pitch is a total road our batsman don't get runs.... flat track bullies

our selection policy on aging players needs to be thrown out, Watto and Haddin were s**t for 12 months leading into the Ashes and should not have been selected for tour

ban Wags from future Ashes tours, to much reported in-fighting

finally change the approach to cricket at grass root level, need more pitches with juice in them so young batsman need to learn their craft under trying conditions

Remove this Banner Ad

Back