Oppo Camp Ashes 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Would rather watch the paint on my walls dry or my grass grow.

You either like cricket or hate it - why spend 5 days on your arse in summer when you can be doing something good for your body.

If you go to the cricket and sit on your arse you no different than sitting on your couch. Bunch of Norms.

Bunch of overpaid professional sports people.

Thanks for that... Cricket is my number 1 sport. Why did you click on this thread and waste your valuable time just to tell us you hate cricket?
And they are not overpaid sports people..

Do you realise how hard it is to get a game of shield cricket in comparison to getting on an AFL list?

This test match is a waste of time because

England are going through the motions, barely interested in even being out there.

Australia are playing their heart out thinking England give a crap when they couldn't care one bit if they lost this test in two days. The series is gone. I am refusing to watch this shite. Its like the Port v Hawks game last night where the Hawks couldnt have cared less about the game last night, thought the result may have just happened and Port won. Good footy had nothing to do with it. Australia will win this test but good cricket certainly has nothing to do with it when one side isn't playing. Maybe Australia should have thought about playing well in the two tests prior. Just a thought. If Voges gets another game on the back of this test I will be very pissed off!

England are going through the motions, barely interested in even being out there.

Australia are playing their heart out thinking England give a crap when they couldn't care one bit if they lost this test in two days. The series is gone. I am refusing to watch this shite. Its like the Port v Hawks game last night where the Hawks couldnt have cared less about the game last night, thought the result may have just happened and Port won. Good footy had nothing to do with it. Australia will win this test but good cricket certainly has nothing to do with it when one side isn't playing. Maybe Australia should have thought about playing well in the two tests prior. Just a thought. If Voges gets another game on the back of this test I will be very pissed off!

It is hard to watch.. And I do agree...
But England do give a crap... 4-1 is much more desirable than 3-2....
It is still an Ashes Test. What bugs me is seeing our batsman batting with the application I wanted to see in the 3rd and 4th test...
We were 0-15 after 10 overs. We were actually batting like it was a test match. That is what pisses me off

Thanks for that... Cricket is my number 1 sport. Why did you click on this thread and waste your valuable time just to tell us you hate cricket?

Do you realise how hard it is to get a game of shield cricket in comparison to getting on an AFL list?

It's the wrong comparison

I think getting a game of shield cricket would be harder then getting a senior game of AFL footy but getting a contract for the state I would say is easier than getting on an AFL list.

I agree, nothing about Australian Sport is overpaid. In fact our sports stars are underpaid in comparison to most sports. (cricket maybe the exception but the Indian Cricket team may pay more)

Don't have a problem with people liking cricket. Each to their own but compared to other sports, I believe they are overpaid. Once a test series is won, who really cares about any subsequent tests. Certainly not England, they've got what they wanted, The Ashes.

It is hard to watch.. And I do agree...
But England do give a crap... 4-1 is much more desirable than 3-2....
It is still an Ashes Test. What bugs me is seeing our batsman batting with the application I wanted to see in the 3rd and 4th test...
We were 0-15 after 10 overs. We were actually batting like it was a test match. That is what pisses me off

The English body language suggests they dont care at all.

It's the wrong comparison

I think getting a game of shield cricket would be harder then getting a senior game of AFL footy but getting a contract for the state I would say is easier than getting on an AFL list.

I agree, nothing about Australian Sport is overpaid. In fact our sports stars are underpaid in comparison to most sports. (cricket maybe the exception but the Indian Cricket team may pay more)

No way!. Sorry mate but getting a shield game is so much harder than getting on an AFL list, even in a s**t state like SA...

Try getting a shield game in Victoria or NSW....

And in SA, most of our players are usually interstate players anyway...

There is about 900 players on AFL list each year... 120 on state cricket lists...

No way!. Sorry mate but getting a shield game is so much harder than getting on an AFL list, even in a s**t state like SA...

Try getting a shield game in Victoria or NSW....

And in SA, most of our players are usually interstate players anyway...

There is about 900 players on AFL list each year... 120 on state cricket lists...

You read my post wrong!

Bad body language is common when you are losing. We had it in the 3rd and 4th...

They arent down, they are just joking around, arent serious. Heads arent in the game. This is just simply going through the motions. Hence why they had no batting application. "Why work hard, I can sit in the change rooms with my mates and joke around, jobs done"

Didn't work for Faulkner last time. 6 for, hasn't played since.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They arent down, they are just joking around, arent serious. Heads arent in the game. This is just simply going through the motions. Hence why they had no batting application. "Why work hard, I can sit in the change rooms with my mates and joke around, jobs done"
The Poms are still playing to retain their status as test cricketers as much as they were in the first, second, third and fourth; make no mistake, many of their players have severely underperformed in home conditions, the captain among them.

Outwardly they're relaxed because the series is won, but every ball they bowl/face as individuals remain exceptionally important in the context of their careers.

Don't have a problem with people liking cricket. Each to their own but compared to other sports, I believe they are overpaid. Once a test series is won, who really cares about any subsequent tests. Certainly not England, they've got what they wanted, The Ashes.
No one is overpaid or underpaid

Payment is proportional to what is generated

I know it is a different sport but they are cousin sports after all---caught a couple innings of the Australian Little League team---they had a nice win over the weekend against the Dominican Republic. Program seems to be coming around---the world portion of the tournament is not an easy one to compete in.

Good luck against Mexico.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back