Sport Ashes 2019 thread

Remove this Banner Ad

If we win this Test, no Tassie jokes from me for a year

Well I guess I have to keep my word now...

I am still pinching myself after this come from behind result. Smith's performance is one for the storybooks. He was ably supported by the bowlers (all of whom also contributed with the bat) with telling efforts from Head and Wade.

Last night I reverted to how I followed Ashes series when I was a boy - tucked up in bed listening to the ball by ball description on the ABC. Freed of the dross of Charnel Nein's fatuous coverage, I just revelled in the description of each ball.

Coming from well behind to thrash the Pomgolians on their favourite dung heap is truly something to savour. Ours is a pretty ordinary team, even with Smith and a decent bowling attack. Our top order is very weak and will not give us many good starts and so we can expect some tough times ahead. But for the moment it is GOOD TIMES all round.

I had BBQ on Saturday night with a bunch of smug Poms asking me how the cricket was going.

Dear bungee,

Fu The Frothed Out, has just had a wonderful couple of days at that god awful ground Edgbastards, with some fellow convict chums.
Listening to that inane blowhard army and their caustic churlish chants all part of the admisson price apparently.
Still, the right result was had, even if the refreshments were wrong.

Yours as always Fu The Foreigner.
From the land of the Johnson.

Jofra Archer could be an X factor in this series if he makes his debut at Lords.

I watched the WC final and his spell at the death was unreal, he kept mixing it up and the Kiwis couldn't figure out what was coming next. Be interesting to see if he can replicate that at Test level. If not, I think we will win the series. We're bloody lucky Mark Wood is out, he bowled genuinely fast in the WC.

He has made the most of his opportunities.

He has certainly improved as a bowler, full credit to him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dear bungee,

Fu The Frothed Out, has just had a wonderful couple of days at that god awful ground Edgbastards, with some fellow convict chums.
Listening to that inane blowhard army and their caustic churlish chants all part of the admisson price apparently.
Still, the right result was had, even if the refreshments were wrong.

Yours as always Fu The Foreigner.
From the land of the Johnson.
The land of many such Johnsons

Hmm not sure about Paine’s decision to send England in on this Lords pitch, looks pretty good for batting. Hazlewood bowling well.

Hmm not sure about Paine’s decision to send England in on this Lords pitch, looks pretty good for batting. Hazlewood bowling well.

Reckon Paine made a defensive decision to protect his fragile openers. To no avail really as the gcspoc (grade cricket slogging piece of crap) again proved clueless and Cam Sandcroft again proved shotless.

Game is evenly poised and even with more rain, I reckon there will be a result.

This Australian middle order scores less than a Longmire coached forward line

Will be all over by the 4th morning. After tea last night it was line ball whether the umps would declare bad light. As has often been the case through the series to date, they got the decision wrong.

I must say I have long detested Warner but he stuck at it on Day 1. He must have played and missed a dozen times and simply was not good enough to get an edge. Blokes like Head and Wade had sufficient form to get an edge.

The Lasagna guy showed the benefit of playing a long stint in County Cricket this year.