pugsville

Club Legend
Nov 28, 2001
leningrad
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
collingwood
He got hit by Archer in the 2nd test of the '19 Ashes. You're leaving out the 4th and 5th test of that series that he played after that.

my bad 49.16 But regardless the marker is not that important,

Last 13 tests analysis holds up rather than when hit by archer, the point remains. His record since mid Sept 2019 been goodish rather than Great.

Around the Wicket

Club Legend
Dec 8, 2021
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Smiths just starting to lose his reflexes and the way he walks across his stumps he was always going to have a form slump late in his career, he'll end with a average of about 50.

BaggyGreens

All Australian
Jun 20, 2018
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Dragons, Blues, Tassie Tigers
His problem is spacial awareness with his slips cordon. Can be remedied and needs to be. At the moment Carey seems a touch reluctant, thus the no attempts and spills, so move Dave Warner a touch wider as the SAussie is an habitual diver. He usually does it brilliantly too.. only have to look at his leg side snaffles and stops.

Ducky Tie

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 15, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Head in for Harris seems to be happening.
Starc for Richardson should be seriously considered.
If not would be harsh on Boland, but Richardson under lights with pink ball probably ahead in pecking order.
Sounds like Boland is a good chance to miss with injury/soreness anyway. Reckon they’ll play Starc for the pink ball. Was strange not to rest him in Sydney really.

Around the Wicket

Club Legend
Dec 8, 2021
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
No surprise Starc has come out saying he has to play, yeah this is why Australia lost yo India last year because the fast bowlers want to play every game and don’t want to be rested

Past generations McGrath, Gilespie, Lee and those before them done it easy but this lot definitely struggle.

I seen a stat for Starc the other day, first couple Tests he averages mid 20s then 3rd it goes to around 30 odd then 4th is higher again then the 5th Test is close to 60.

Scorpus

Fair Value
Apr 16, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
"Usman Khawaja's irresistible form has seen him hold his place for the Vodafone Ashes finale in Hobart but his promotion up the order has come at the expense of opener Marcus Harris.

Pat Cummins today confirmed Travis Head would reclaim the No.5 position he was forced to vacate for the Sydney Test after contracting COVID-19 and being forced into isolation in Melbourne following Australia's series victory."

Voice of the G

Club Legend
Jan 18, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
Hopefully it’s out: Harris, Starc, Boland in: Head, Richo, Neser

Rest Starc and Boland if they’re under a cloud, we’ve got the cattle to replace them

The biggest fear will be if Neser of Richo come out and do a Boland 6/7 and give our selectors a few more headaches.lol.A nice problem to have though and agree with your changes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Voice of the G

Club Legend
Jan 18, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
"Usman Khawaja's irresistible form has seen him hold his place for the Vodafone Ashes finale in Hobart but his promotion up the order has come at the expense of opener Marcus Harris.

Pat Cummins today confirmed Travis Head would reclaim the No.5 position he was forced to vacate for the Sydney Test after contracting COVID-19 and being forced into isolation in Melbourne following Australia's series victory."

Who ever the selectors pick lets hope "all" BF posters" support the 11 players" whether they agree or disagree whether they should be in the 11 and refrain from the negative personal posts during the match.

GeelongFTW

Norm Smith Medallist
May 3, 2013
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Australian Cricket Team,
I think it's because they didn't want starc to miss out on his home ground. Next year CA just needs to put it out of his hands and rest him for boxing day( or Sydney) no matter what.

LukeParkerno1

Post-Human
Sep 23, 2005
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney Swans
Who ever the selectors pick lets hope "all" BF posters" support the 11 players" whether they agree or disagree whether they should be in the 11 and refrain from the negative personal posts during the match.

Hey I don’t have a problem with the team now the biggest problem is out of the side!

Voice of the G

Club Legend
Jan 18, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
Hey I don’t have a problem with the team now the biggest problem is out of the side!

I am sure you will find some one else during the test,I reckon it will be Carey knowing your thoughts on him as a player.Khawaja twin failures as a opener,next move? Personally I would take to Pakistan but still have reservations about him being a opener these days.Time will tell.

t_94

Premiership Player
May 6, 2014
AFL Club
St Kilda

Anything else more achievable on your wish list- I.e. solve world hunger.

swanssince2002

Premiership Player
Jul 21, 2018
21kms from Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Golden State Warriors
The selectors rode the Marcus Harris' project as long as they could. His shield averages (granted, some of them on the Junction Oval road) were good, but its just not working out.

Like all the golden generation legends before him, prove it again in the shield. Not too late for that...

LukeParkerno1

Post-Human
Sep 23, 2005
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney Swans
I am sure you will find some one else during the test,I reckon it will be Carey knowing your thoughts on him as a player.Khawaja twin failures as a opener,next move? Personally I would take to Pakistan but still have reservations about him being a opener these days.Time will tell.

I’ll take Carey playing over Harris at least. Bloke has never been up to it why we wasted 20+ tests I have no idea

Voice of the G

Club Legend
Jan 18, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
I’ll take Carey playing over Harris at least. Bloke has never been up to it why we wasted 20+ tests I have no idea

I thought Harris had played 14 tests and still think he would have retained his spot after the last 2 tests except Khawaji got the 2 tons.Not sure how you can compare Carey and Harris.Lets sit back and watch the 5th test and see what develops.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad