Remove this Banner Ad

royboy2

Average Old Bastard
Dec 7, 2007
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Rabbitohs, Villa, McLaren F1
surely it's almost time to call it. i read that's his 10th concussion, seems reckless to try to pursue a career in international cricket from here.
Like Bevan or Hughes before him you are essentially letting the world know you can't play the short ball and painting a target on your helmet

corbies

Jul 31, 2010
Newcastle
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
S'roos, New Jets, WHam, Cronulla
Maybe he should learn to play the short ball....

How many times do others get hit in the head?

Sent from my CPH2005 using Tapatalk
I don't think it's all to do with getting hit a lot. It's that when he does get hit he is very susceptible to being concussed.

katana

Club Legend
Jul 12, 2013
Northcote
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
San Antonio Spurs
Like Bevan or Hughes before him you are essentially letting the world know you can't play the short ball and painting a target on your helmet
the world has a lot more respect for concussion injuries now than even 10 years ago. i really don't think it's worth the risk. i'm also not sure opposition bowlers should be put in the situation where, in whatever likelihood, him misplaying a short ball, could result in some form of catastrophe.

i'm hopeful he's a smart kid and sees a life for himself that doesn't risk any kind of further damage.

Santana

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 28, 2008
His mental health issues have far more to do with it than the physical
Perhaps, though he was doing a lot better with the mental health issues of late I thought. Don't know now with this setback.

If he wanted a long career from here maybe it's time to just focus on the shorter forms of the game but I don't think even that will help.

ROOTA#6

Brownlow Medallist
May 12, 2006
Bendigo
AFL Club
St Kilda
Perhaps, though he was doing a lot better with the mental health issues of late I thought. Don't know now with this setback.

If he wanted a long career from here maybe it's time to just focus on the shorter forms of the game but I don't think even that will help.
Unfortunately the lads issues always surface when the pressure and expectation increase and he do isn’t able to deal with that mentally and it plays out physically

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kappa

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 7, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
As tragic as it will be, can't see Pucovski having much a career. He gets concussed extremely easily now, and all it will take is one short ball hitting his helmet for him to be out of the game and out of the series.

Extremely concerning for his long term health too

Mego Red

The Artist Formerly Known As Kristof
Oct 3, 2003
The East Coast
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Soft spot for Brisbane
Can't we move past Head seriously how many more opportunities does one need? Pattinson won't be picked over the 3 that are in and Jhye is just as good too.
Head was dropped in his mid 20s and has clearly been the best batsman outside of the Test 11 since then.

He's still very young and has been in good form last summer and this. He's clearly the first cab off the rank.

Last edited:

LukeParkerno1

Post-Human
Sep 23, 2005
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney Swans
Head was dropped in his mid 20s and has clearly been the best batsman outside of the Test 11 since then.

He's still very young and has been in good form last summer and this. He's clearly the first cab off the rank.
England are saying “please pick him”. Bloke will get 20 then flash at a wide one get out on repeat

Voice of the G

Club Legend
Jan 18, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
Bring Maxi back or at least let him play a few shield games in a row but sadly I think his days of playing test cricket are over
because of this stupid T20 cricket.

Phone

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 7, 2010
La Capanna Restaurant.
AFL Club
Essendon
I suspect his missed shield games are far less to do with T20 cricket (bar perhaps T20Is) and more ODI cricket.he would have had to straight up say he's taking an extended break from international cricket.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad