Ashes 2021/22

Remove this Banner Ad

Jofra is a big loss for England. You get the sense we should win easily now they have not much of batting lineup and if stokes doesnt make the trip then they will probably be cannon fodder and recent history outside of 2010/11 show england fall apart quickly after getting belted in brisbane.

In saying that though its a big summer for cricket Australia. I feel the team has lost its spirit in the past 12 months maybe because of covid and perhaps lack of cricket but it doesnt feel the same as 2019 when i was over in England and as a fan you could feel all of Australia was behind the team. And the team scraped for everything in that first 4 tests.

Back on Jofra when I was at lords in 2019 day 5 and seeing jofra bowl side on i thought gee he was quick and his run up looked so short your werent expecting him to crack 150. And then I remember seeing marnus get hit and straight back up in like 5 seconds after he bowled it and i was like wow.

All of you are kidding yourselves if you think Stokes won’t play in the Ashes. He’s taking time off now specially to be ready for the Ashes.

All of you are kidding yourselves if you think Stokes won’t play in the Ashes. He’s taking time off now specially to be ready for the Ashes.

Yup spot on ...and maybe the poms are waking up to the fact that they have to manage there team due to Covid and life in bubbles...like Australia is currently doing atm with smith warner etc

I fully expect him to be there

You will be here in summer all over the world nations have issues with covid in winter
The reference may have been to the likely quarantine situation, players not wanting four months (including the WorldT20) away without family etc.

If that becomes a thing, just play Tests in Jan and Feb, and move the domestic schedule to accommodate. It might mean also moving a white ball tour, but that should be doable.

The reference may have been to the likely quarantine situation, players not wanting four months (including the WorldT20) away without family etc.

If that becomes a thing, just play Tests in Jan and Feb, and move the domestic schedule to accommodate. It might mean also moving a white ball tour, but that should be doable.
If it comes to it they will cut the white ball or let them bring their families. To be fair I don’t think it should be on cricket Australia to pay for the families to come out

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Maxwell is a must for the Ashes, he can do a Stokes for Aussies mate

This is my Ashes Squad:

1. David Warner
2. Pucovski
3. Labu
4. Smith
5. Green
6. Maxwell
7. Mathew Wade
8. Cummins
9. Starc
10. Hazlewood
11. Gurrinder Sandhu (captain)

Listen to the UK media and it's a 50/50 proposition with lots of talk about postponing for a year.
And would England like to tell us who will tour here for the Test summer? If not England, it will have to be South Africa/West Indies, otherwise we may as well scrap the WTC while we're at it.

Too many wheels are in motion, the Ashes will go ahead. If some of the English players won't come because the quarantine rules won't be completely bent for them, then that is their call.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back