Ashes 2021/22

corbies

Jul 31, 2010
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
S'roos, New Jets, Cronulla
England will have no leg to stand on if they pull out. They amount of sooking that happened when India bailed on the final test
Didn't stop them pulling out of the Pakistan tour for "COVID" reasons.

Santana

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 28, 2008
How many countries toured this lot over their last two home summers (one where there was no vaccine available)? How many bubbles or quarantine did those tourists have to put up with? Hell, we went there for a white ball tour when things were really starting to kick off there just some they could get some TV money.

But because the quarantine rules may not be completely changed for their families, some of them want two Australian summers disrupted, because it's not to their liking.

Words can't describe some of that lot. I hope India doesn't go back there for that last test so they get ****ed out of that insurance money.

Seedsfan

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 10, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
How many countries toured this lot over their last two home summers (one where there was no vaccine available)? How many bubbles or quarantine did those tourists have to put up with? Hell, we went there for a white ball tour when things were really starting to kick off there just some they could get some TV money.

But because the quarantine rules may not be completely changed for their families, some of them want two Australian summers disrupted, because it's not to their liking.

Words can't describe some of that lot. I hope India doesn't go back there for that last test so they get f’ed out of that insurance money.
Exactly, everyone has to make sacrifices to put food on their tables

swingdog

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 3, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
My bet is we get 3 Ashes tests this summer. Players come in a bubble, straight after the T20 World Cup and knock them out before Christmas.

CA announces extended Big Bash starting Christmas Day.

Santana

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 28, 2008
My bet is we get 3 Ashes tests this summer. Players come in a bubble, straight after the T20 World Cup and knock them out before Christmas.

We're not playing 7 tests next summer, and we are not canceling the West Indies series. Believe it or not, the world doesn't revolve around England.

Seedsfan

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 10, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood

That would be a terrible outcome, you can knock them. It’s selfish from England

swingdog

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 3, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
We are not playing the WI for 3 tests, it's 2. While we are playing South Africa for 3 tests.

Then one of them gets dumped or pushed back to late in the summer. I don't like any of this but it's the way the world is going since CA, ECB and BCCI decided they were king shits and everyone else can get scraps.

For CA, their priorities are:

1 Big Bash
2 Tests against India
3 Tests against England

Massive gap

4 Meaningless one dayers
5 Tests against anyone else

Another big gap

Sheffield Shield

konkani

Cancelled
Jan 28, 2021
AFL Club
Carlton
This video proposes a solution for things that a lot of people who care about cricket are complaining about. I would summarise it but I am too lazy. Basically it would involve a new ICC that actually worked (without pandering to IPL and the big 3 for example) in the ways the video sets out.

Cricket’s systemic bilateral problem and how it failed cricket and Pakistan

Santana

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 28, 2008
Then one of them gets dumped or pushed back to late in the summer. I don't like any of this but it's the way the world is going since CA, ECB and BCCI decided they were king shits and everyone else can get scraps.

For CA, their priorities are:

1 Big Bash
2 Tests against India
3 Tests against England
Massive gap
4 Meaningless one dayers
5 Tests against anyone else
Another big gap
Sheffield Shield
CA cares more about Tests against India & England than the BBL right now.

Don't kid yourself here, we are playing 5 Ashes test matches this summer.

I don't think Australian cricket fans who turn on the TV when it's hot outside or listen to the radio at work will mind if England send over their lesser players.

They will get very excited about new, young Australian batters scoring really big scores and Australia winning 5-0.

Can't blame England for not wanting to come, Australia is so backward and they'll be subject to protocols that pretty much nowhere else in the world has.
I would have thought that the English and their families would love to travel to Broom for two weeks then know they can live in Perth without catching covid, unlike back home where it will be pushing 100,000 cases a day by Christmas.

May 10, 2007
Bonbeach
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal Fc Portland Trailblazers
I would have thought that the English and their families would love to travel to Broom for two weeks then know they can live in Perth without catching covid, unlike back home where it will be pushing 100,000 cases a day by Christmas.

They've all caught covid pretty much by now, they've seen what it's all about. Just a massive inconvenience to them at this point.

Santana

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 28, 2008
Can't blame England for not wanting to come, Australia is so backward and they'll be subject to protocols that pretty much nowhere else in the world has.
This coming from a guy who has lost he s**t over how many Tests Australia has played over the last 2 years.

But some in the England camp not wanting to play an Ashes series because the quarantine rules may be a little tough for their families despite plenty of teams touring them while they had over 130,000 deaths is perfectly reasonable.

Gets me every time.

May 10, 2007
Bonbeach
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
This coming from a guy who has lost he sh*t over how many Tests Australia has played over the last 2 years.

But some in the England camp not wanting to play an Ashes series because the quarantine rules may be a little tough for their families despite plenty of teams touring them while they had over 130,000 deaths is perfectly reasonable.

Gets me every time.

Be hilarious if it doesn't happen, Australia up to 4 tests in a 3 year period by the end of 2022.

England will fins other teams to play in the next 12 months I'm sure.

May 10, 2007
Bonbeach
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Yes, crippling Test Cricket here would be hilarious. We'll just play BBL most of the summer instead.

You're a hard one to put my finger on.

It's pretty much dead here anyways sadly, let's just set up 10 tests every year between England and India and I'll focus on that.

We've basically destroyed Steve smith one of the greats in his prime, a 12 month self imposed suspension by CA then played 4 tests in a 2 year period Jan 2020 to Dec 2021. It's a shame.

Santana

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 28, 2008
It's pretty much dead here anyways sadly, let's just set up 10 tests every year between England and India and I'll focus on that.
If it's pretty much dead why do you bitch about how many tests we've played over the last 2 years all the time then?

Won't be getting those 10 yearly tests if one side doesn't want to come because everything won't be perfect for them. We'll just play 20/20

May 10, 2007
Bonbeach
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
If it's pretty much dead why do you b*tch about how many tests we've played over the last 2 years all the time then?

Won't be getting those 10 yearly tests if one side doesn't want to come because everything won't be perfect for them. We'll just play 20/20

It's also a shame that Pat Cummins won't play much more than 50 tests. Such a quality cricketer.

Back