Ashes 2021/22

Remove this Banner Ad

The series was never going another direction because that England team was full of pea hearts who were always going to crumble at the first whiff of adversity, no ifs about it.
Well I hope you made out like a bandit with easy cash because at the time there was some juicy odds to grab going against a team that, agreed, turned out to be made of a very soft underbelly indeed. :moneybag::moneybag::moneybag:

this is the problem we have..just pick the last bloke to make runs in tbe shield

More the technique than anything. I hate blokes flashing outside off to nothing balls, Street won’t do that. Street needs a few more scores but right now he’s the opener for mine

Well I hope you made out like a bandit with easy cash because at the time there was some juicy odds to grab going against a team that, agreed, turned out to be made of a very soft underbelly indeed. :moneybag::moneybag::moneybag:
I can't really remember what my expectations of England were for that series (pretty sure I wasn't counting on guys retiring mid-tour though).

But a 5-0 win/loss takes a lot more than a good/bad 30 minutes. Even after England were bowled out for 136 in the first Test, the series could still have gone in another direction courtesy of the if-but-maybe game. Get bowled out for 36 in the first Test and the series can still change course, shouldn't be news to anybody at this point.

i thought that 13/14 english touring team was the strongest side they'd ever sent here at the time lol. anderson, broad, cook, trott, pietersen, bell, collingwood, swann, all seemingly in their prime age bracket. they'd beaten india away a year earlier, and won against us fairly well at home. was a classic english capitulation.

i thought that 13/14 english touring team was the strongest side they'd ever sent here at the time lol. anderson, broad, cook, trott, pietersen, bell, collingwood, swann, all seemingly in their prime age bracket. they'd beaten india away a year earlier, and won against us fairly well at home. was a classic english capitulation.
They were caught off guard by Johnson and Harris turning into Lillee and Thomson for a summer

They were cocky and mentally weak…copped a floggimg in Brisbane and decided it was all too hard. Blokes leaving mid tour etc was a real sign of where their heads were at

if you are looking at our last test squad selected (the tour to SA that never went ahead) - our side could look something like this (all things being equal and all fit and available):

warner
puckovski (harris)
labuschagne
smith
head (henriques)
green
paine (carey)
cummins
starc (pattinson/neser/abbott/steketee)
lyon (swepson)
hazlewood

let's hope puck is good to go for the 1st test.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Green who is a top order bat.

Pucovski to go in the middle order for a period of time.

Green is too low at 6, especially considering how slowly he starts + our fragile tail (seriously wtf happened to Starc and Cummins batting?)

He has got to move up to 5 regardless. If we want to play Head at 6 to play a few shots I can live with that.

I also don't like Green and Paine batting alongside each other, Paine has a tendency to get bogged down.

Pucovski got hit the head in the nets again and is showing signs of concussion a week later.
surely it's almost time to call it. i read that's his 10th concussion, seems reckless to try to pursue a career in international cricket from here.

Green is too low at 6, especially considering how slowly he starts + our fragile tail (seriously wtf happened to Starc and Cummins batting?)

He has got to move up to 5 regardless. If we want to play Head at 6 to play a few shots I can live with that.

I also don't like Green and Paine batting alongside each other, Paine has a tendency to get bogged down.

for me starc and cummins don't get paid to make runs.

i can see green as a number 5 in the future and maybe bowling less (aka steve waugh), or even possibly number 4 post smith era. it's still early days though.

surely it's almost time to call it. i read that's his 10th concussion, seems reckless to try to pursue a career in international cricket from here.
Like Bevan or Hughes before him you are essentially letting the world know you can't play the short ball and painting a target on your helmet

Maybe he should learn to play the short ball....

How many times do others get hit in the head?

Sent from my CPH2005 using Tapatalk
I don't think it's all to do with getting hit a lot. It's that when he does get hit he is very susceptible to being concussed.

Like Bevan or Hughes before him you are essentially letting the world know you can't play the short ball and painting a target on your helmet
the world has a lot more respect for concussion injuries now than even 10 years ago. i really don't think it's worth the risk. i'm also not sure opposition bowlers should be put in the situation where, in whatever likelihood, him misplaying a short ball, could result in some form of catastrophe.

i'm hopeful he's a smart kid and sees a life for himself that doesn't risk any kind of further damage.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back