Ashes 2021/22

Remove this Banner Ad

Good time to remind those in this thread who wrote off the English as a bunch of whingers how this border mess looks from the outside.

Also a good time to remind people that 'the media's' primary objective is to entertain, not educate!

Sure , they're will be some challenges, but if the AFL can find a way manage a fixture over 6 months with 18 teams around the country in Covid bubbles, I'm sure CA can for just five tests....

Now, in relation to ticketing and crowds, well as we know with the AFL - it's a toss of the coin, as it's mostly dependent on state health regulations...

Last edited:

It might be a logistical nightmare and be inconvenient as tickets have already been sold and it would also effect things like the BBL scheduling but starting the Ashes in Sydney might be a good option. The England players and family won't have to quarantine in Sydney on arrival.

Some kind of NSW/Victoria/ACT cycle is clearly the easiest path for both the cricket teams, given NSW/Victoria/players at the T20 WC need to get into QLD too....but it's an insanely difficult thing for the Cricket Australia board to push through in it's current state

Former Australian international player Tony Dodemaide is Trevor Hohns' replacement on the national selection panel for those who care.
You'd hope he's been following domestic cricket very closely despite working in hockey for the past 3 years.

Was CEO of Cricket Victoria when their office was about 2 buildings down from Cricket Aus. His job in hockey was in the building next to Cricket Aus HQ. Definitely wouldn't be a jobs for the Vic boys appointment.

You'd hope he's been following domestic cricket very closely despite working in hockey for the past 3 years.

Was CEO of Cricket Victoria when their office was about 2 buildings down from Cricket Aus. His job in hockey was in the building next to Cricket Aus HQ. Definitely wouldn't be a jobs for the Vic boys appointment.
Hmm, didn't know Hockey Australia's headquarters were right next to CA's.

Hope due diligence was taken here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Neser has to play. Starc surely can’t be picked in red ball cricket straight up. He was very out of form last summer.

Shocking news, was my favourite player and significantly underused. If he was given an opportunity he'd be a lock in the test team, he always had a knack of picking up big wickets. Does this mean he is going to focus on white ball stuff for Australia? I guess it also means he'll retire from the Shield as well.

Hopefully Jhye can get a significant run of games and challenge for a test spot.

Shocking news, was my favourite player and significantly underused. If he was given an opportunity he'd be a lock in the test team, he always had a knack of picking up big wickets. Does this mean he is going to focus on white ball stuff for Australia? I guess it also means he'll retire from the Shield as well.

Hopefully Jhye can get a significant run of games and challenge for a test spot.

I think they had question marks about him getting through a 5 day test match without breaking down

Remove this Banner Ad

Back