Ashes 2021/22

Remove this Banner Ad

Does seem like its two day/night tests for sure.
Broad won’t miss after what he did to Warner last series
swapping one calf injury for another then. But yeah, reckon Leach misses.

Picking Broad has the potential to be inspired or disastrous for England.

Will this be on the 7 app on the Apple TV does anyone know? Working from home and the TV isn’t hooked up just use it for streaming.

Otherwise I’ll be dragging my desk out at 9:30 tomorrow morning

It’s on Kayo if you have it

Wood was surely already in the side you need your quickest bowler in Australian conditions.
I reckon they would've gone Broad, Anderson and Robinson with Leach bowing his rubbish spinners. * he is going to be belted everywhere, I will never forget the smug campaigner during their home series.

I

I reckon they would've gone Broad, Anderson and Robinson with Leach bowing his rubbish spinners. fu** he is going to be belted everywhere, I will never forget the smug campaigner during their home series.

Still think you need a spinner is Leech the one who knows but heaven knows Joe Root and his straight breakers won’t work.

Woakes is some chance as frankly it lengthens the batting not that the bloke will be any good in Australia.

Doubtful they'll drop Broad given there's a lack of experience for the squad out here. I could see Woakes missing now that Stokes is back and with Moeen retired they might take Jack Leach more seriously as an option now that they can't fall back on tried and failed.

Still think you need a spinner is Leech the one who knows but heaven knows Joe Root and his straight breakers won’t work.

Woakes is some chance as frankly it lengthens the batting not that the bloke will be any good in Australia.
Reckon Woakes will do his best work at the Gabba with his subtle variations. Also shortens there tail a bit. I reckon they go with Wood, Woakes, Broad and Robinson.

Gee whiz though, it leaves them pretty exposed with Wood injury prone, Broad first game back from a long calf lay off and Robinson likely to run out of gas. Stokes and Root may have to bowl a lot of overs.

Reckon Woakes will do his best work at the Gabba with his subtle variations. Also shortens there tail a bit. I reckon they go with Wood, Woakes, Broad and Robinson.

Gee whiz though, it leaves them pretty exposed with Wood injury prone, Broad first game back from a long calf lay off and Robinson likely to run out of gas. Stokes and Root may have to bowl a lot of overs.

Is Stokes even bowling? Thought he was playing as a pure bat with very limited bowling. He’s a gun but this is just asking for him to break down.

Woakes or Robinson take your pick, probably have to play Wood

Is Stokes even bowling? Thought he was playing as a pure bat with very limited bowling. He’s a gun but this is just asking for him to break down.

Woakes or Robinson take your pick, probably have to play Wood
It’s not ideal, but there’s a chance he’ll have to. If he doesn’t bowl it’s a massive win for Australia, as I think his bowling will be at least as important as his batting out here.

From an English perspective Leach has to play

Would be moronic to not play him, Root is their most important player. There is no way they can win if he doesn’t perform with the bat. If he has to bowl long spells as a spin option it has the potential to hinder his batting. They simply can not risk that

On a side note, Broad vs Warner in England is likely to be a different proposition to broad v Warner in Australia, without even mentioning age and potentially injured lower legs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s not ideal, but there’s a chance he’ll have to. If he doesn’t bowl it’s a massive win for Australia, as I think his bowling will be at least as important as his batting out here.

This would be such an English thing rather than pick your best bowlers worry about whether they can bat…

Stokes needs to be protected a bit

On a side note, Broad vs Warner in England is likely to be a different proposition to broad v Warner in Australia, without even mentioning age and potentially injured lower legs.

Broad would get him bowling off 1 step after 10 beers

Broad would get him bowling off 1 step after 10 beers
Warner averages 60.25 vs England in Australia, with Stuart Broad playing in the majority of those matches. In England a few years ago I might agree, but now, in Australia, name your odds, I’ll take them.

This would be such an English thing rather than pick your best bowlers worry about whether they can bat…

Stokes needs to be protected a bit
In an ideal world Stokes would get some protection, but I fear he may have to bowl a decent amount.

Warner averages 60.25 vs England in Australia, with Stuart Broad playing in the majority of those matches. In England a few years ago I might agree, but now, in Australia, name your odds, I’ll take them.

I just don’t rate warners form at all, no red ball cricket either

I just don’t rate warners form at all, no red ball cricket either
I get that, but I feel like many are discounting how much better he plays in Australia - one of his biggest knocks not related to his personality is his away record, and how much worse Broads record in Australia is, leaving aside that Broad is coming back from an injury lay-off and is well passed his prime.

I get that, but I feel like many are discounting how much better he plays in Australia - one of his biggest knocks not related to his personality is his away record, and how much worse Broads record in Australia is, leaving aside that Broad is coming back from an injury lay-off and is well passed his prime.

We’ll see, guess one of us will be right. Never know he might last half a session which was more than he did last summer

We’ll see, guess one of us will be right. Never know he might last half a session which was more than he did last summer
I reckon he’ll be fairly middling with one decent score somewhere - my only caveat being if he starts very badly, and The team is struggling they may drop him for Ussie.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back