swanssince2002

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 21, 2018
21kms from Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Golden State Warriors
The selectors rode the Marcus Harris' project as long as they could. His shield averages (granted, some of them on the Junction Oval road) were good, but its just not working out.

Like all the golden generation legends before him, prove it again in the shield. Not too late for that...

I am sure you will find some one else during the test,I reckon it will be Carey knowing your thoughts on him as a player.Khawaja twin failures as a opener,next move? Personally I would take to Pakistan but still have reservations about him being a opener these days.Time will tell.

I’ll take Carey playing over Harris at least. Bloke has never been up to it why we wasted 20+ tests I have no idea

Voice of the G

Premiership Player
Jan 18, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
I’ll take Carey playing over Harris at least. Bloke has never been up to it why we wasted 20+ tests I have no idea

I thought Harris had played 14 tests and still think he would have retained his spot after the last 2 tests except Khawaji got the 2 tons.Not sure how you can compare Carey and Harris.Lets sit back and watch the 5th test and see what develops.

I thought Harris had played 14 tests and still think he would have retained his spot after the last 2 tests except Khawaji got the 2 tons.Not sure how you can compare Carey and Harris.Lets sit back and watch the 5th test and see what develops.

We’ve wasted the whole summer there should have played one of the young openers

Lets not write off M.Marsh,another player whose future red ball ambitions has been hampered by to much white ball cricket and a poor shield schedule.

Marsh is not a test player gun t20 bat

Lets see him play some more shield games then I will make judgement,afraid Green has the all rounder spot covered for now.

If we gave marsh 30 tests we can give green time

Voice of the G

Premiership Player
Jan 18, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
If we gave marsh 30 tests we can give green time

I did not rate M.Marsh in all forms of cricket until the last 12 months but he has improved a lot in white ball cricket.My reason for seeing how he goes in shield cricket again but the schedule does not allow.Coming up in all February we have T20 and 1 day international games but hopefully some shield games are played as well.

I did not rate M.Marsh in all forms of cricket until the last 12 months but he has improved a lot in white ball cricket.My reason for seeing how he goes in shield cricket again but the schedule does not allow.Coming up in all February we have T20 and 1 day international games but hopefully some shield games are played as well.

He’s in form in slog cricket I agree

Out of curiosity - which ones are available at the moment? By young, I presume you mean 25 minus.

Hunt or Street. Wouldn’t be against Renshaw either

Sep 19, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
You can imagine none of the fast bowlers would want to rest. Especially not after Boland's performance at the MCG and to an extent Sydney. The next rung down of fast bowlers isn't far off Starc, Hazelwood and Cummins, especially in Australian conditions against a struggling side.

I was a bit dirty on the decision to bring in Boland at the MCG, not because I doubted his ability or his record, but more so as a fan of Richardson and to an extent Nesar (as a one eyed Queenslander). I still doubt either was sufficiently injured and the decision to play Boland was made more as a precaution and to expose more players to test cricket, than out of a genuine concern either player (Nesar or Richardson) would be able to handle two tests in a row.

The resting of fast bowlers is complicated and I'm not sure there is a a consistent answer, as the situation changes from game to game. England have taken a more cautious approach and have copped plenty of criticism over their efforts to get the best out of Broad, Anderson and Wood.

So only one change for us Head for Harris

England 5 changes

Burns for Hameed
Pope for Bairstow
Billings for Butler
Robinson for Anderson
Woakes for Stokes

The biggest fear will be if Neser of Richo come out and do a Boland 6/7 and give our selectors a few more headaches.lol.A nice problem to have though and agree with your changes.
Mate Zimbabwe will win the World Cup before someone takes 6 for 7 again :).

Around the Wicket

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 8, 2021
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
So only one change for us Head for Harris

England 5 changes

Burns for Hameed
Pope for Bairstow
Billings for Butler
Robinson for Anderson
Woakes for Stokes

I think Hameed is crap but considering they let him battle on for 4 Tests surely they could have let him play the 5th.

I think Hameed is crap but considering they let him battle on for 4 Tests surely they could have let him play the 5th.
Sounds exactly like Harris - maybe Pommy fans were calling for Hameed to be dropped like we were calling for Harris' axing.

Lets not write off M.Marsh,another player whose future red ball ambitions has been hampered by to much white ball cricket and a poor shield schedule.

32 Tests show he lacks the technique and temperament at Test level. Like Finch he is a white ball player.

Still makes me throw up we have him 32 tests!

Any player can fail and contribute FA to a win or be a direct factor in a loss. That is how Test cricket goes. However few have been such factors as Marsh in losses.

It is unfathomable how his repeated selections against all the evidence happened.

Back