Last edited:

Badesumofu

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 15, 2008
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Roger Federer
Will England make changes? Will having had a drink poured over him affect Jimmy Anderson? Will Cook look like he really wants to be out there?

Will Marsh play? Will he make runs or take wickets? Will he read bigfooty after doing neither to see whether 'online trolls' are criticizing him?

Will Smith win the toss and make a slightly snarky remark when he chooses to bat first?

Find out the answers to all this and more, tomorrow! Can't wait! And of course the most important question of all - will Australia regain the Ashes?

Last edited:

getgaff

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 30, 2010
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Miami Heat, Old Easts
Herald-Sun reporting on their own speculation that Handscomb will be dropped for Mitch Marsh, who will bat six with Shaun moving up to take Handscomb's spot in the order.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/cricke...a/news-story/f5345795cdd55493792138f52e69e21a

Think this will be the only change.

Handscomb out, S. Marsh elevated to number 5 and M. Marsh to the vacant number 6.

I get the argument against Mitch Marsh, needs some stability in his game instead of getting chopped and changed in and out. Because of this he should be playing solely for WA in the longer version of the game.

At the same time the extra seam bowling option will come in handy.

Maxwell although in great form isn’t a seam bowler and would get zero turn in Perth, Cartwright needs some more runs for WA, has been batting at 3 which I’m not certain that suits him but that’s not the point.

Stoinis has had his own personal problems over the course of the Shield season so far and his form hasn’t been terrific accordingly. Fingers crossed for a better last half of the Shield summer and he can put himself in the mix for national ODI’s and 20/20’s.

Bugger, I thought it was starting today
I know I have today and tomorrow off and I was looking forward to watching a couple of days of cricket.

Herald-Sun reporting on their own speculation that Handscomb will be dropped for Mitch Marsh, who will bat six with Shaun moving up to take Handscomb's spot in the order.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/cricke...a/news-story/f5345795cdd55493792138f52e69e21a
Think this will be the only change.

Handscomb out, S. Marsh elevated to number 5 and M. Marsh to the vacant number 6.

I get the argument against Mitch Marsh, needs some stability in his game instead of getting chopped and changed in and out. Because of this he should be playing solely for WA in the longer version of the game.

At the same time the extra seam bowling option will come in handy.

Maxwell although in great form isn’t a seam bowler and would get zero turn in Perth, Cartwright needs some more runs for WA, has been batting at 3 which I’m not certain that suits him but that’s not the point.

Stoinis has had his own personal problems over the course of the Shield season so far and his form hasn’t been terrific accordingly. Fingers crossed for a better last half of the Shield summer and he can put himself in the mix for national ODI’s and 20/20’s.
#InMarshWeTrust

I swear Marsh better be bowling 20+ overs, his batting is nowhere near test quality. If he breaks down bowling so be it, but at least that is the test standard side of his cricket at this stage.

I swear Marsh better be bowling 20+ overs, his batting is nowhere near test quality. If he breaks down bowling so be it, but at least that is the test standard side of his cricket at this stage.
Yeah Mitch Marsh hasn't done a lot ever.

Yeah Mitch Marsh hasn't done a lot ever.

To be fair to Marsh you wouldn't hear one single complaint from me about him being in a limited overs side, in fact he's probably in the top 3-4 players picked in ODI cricket for Australia. In test cricket I have a massive problem with it. For the record I'll support him as soon as he steps onto the ground, but it isn't a decision I agree with. I just don't see why we need an AR. Why do I feel it is because Smith can't be bothered bowling at all...

To be fair to Marsh you wouldn't hear one single complaint from me about him being in a limited overs side, in fact he's probably in the top 3-4 players picked in ODI cricket for Australia. In test cricket I have a massive problem with it. For the record I'll support him as soon as he steps onto the ground, but it isn't a decision I agree with. I just don't see why we need an AR. Why do I feel it is because Smith can't be bothered bowling at all...
In any ODI he will be one of the best players but he isn't consistently good in tests.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In any ODI he will be one of the best players but he isn't consistently good in tests.

This is why I don't feel it is smart rushing him in. Let him play a season or two of FC cricket. It is why I don't want them rushing Jack Wildermoth (QLD player) into the side. Give these blokes time.

This is why I don't feel it is smart rushing him in. Let him play a season or two of FC cricket. It is why I don't want them rushing Jack Wildermoth (QLD player) into the side. Give these blokes time.
Bring in Jack Watts ;)

Bomberboyokay

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Thursday 10:30am (AEST)
Teams yet to be announced.

1:30 AEST innit?

Will England make changes? Will having had a drink poured over him affect Jimmy Anderson? Will Cook look like he really wants to be out there?

Will Marsh play? Will he make runs or take wickets? Will he read bigfooty after doing neither to see whether 'online trolls' are criticizing him?

Will Smith win the toss and make a slightly snarky remark when he chooses to bat first?

Find out the answers to all this and more, tomorrow! Can't wait! And of course the most important question of all - will Australia regain the Ashes?

1:30pm AEDT.

ROOTA#6

Brownlow Medallist
May 12, 2006
Bendigo
AFL Club
St Kilda

I'm not sure what changes England could realistically make

Oct 7, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Freo, Liverpool, Cardinals
I'm not sure what changes England could realistically make

They could try actually putting their best efforts in on the ground instead of in the media with their incessant whinging and their stupid "Australians are crossing the sledging line but we don't actually know how" crap put out by blokes in England.

The could also get Broad and Anderson to STFU.

Who knows, concentrating on cricket instead petty mind games might have dividends for them.

They could also stop shooting themselves in the foot with their silly drinking games.

Radical suggestions but there ya go

ROOTA#6

Brownlow Medallist
May 12, 2006
Bendigo
AFL Club
St Kilda
They could try actually putting their best efforts in on the ground instead of in the media with their incessant whinging and their stupid "Australians are crossing the sledging line but we don't actually know how" crap put out by blokes in England.

The could also get Broad and Anderson to STFU.

Who knows, concentrating on cricket instead petty mind games might have dividends for them.

They could also stop shooting themselves in the foot with their silly drinking games.

Radical suggestions but there ya go

I don't disagree but I was talking personnel changes

Remove this Banner Ad

Back