ASIO is conducting a sweeping investigation into allegations Chinese government agents have infiltrated the office of a NSW Labor politician

Oct 8, 2004
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
Counter-espionage agency ASIO is conducting a sweeping investigation into allegations Chinese government agents have infiltrated the office of a NSW Labor politician to influence Australian politics.
Multiple sources aware of the foreign interference investigation said it was scrutinising the office of NSW Labor MP Shaoquett Moselmane as part of one of the most significant inquiries in recent ASIO history.

Caesar

Ex-Huckleberry
Mar 3, 2005
Tombstone, AZ
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Old news, he’s been a bought and paid for Chinese mouthpiece for at least two years. His ties to the Chinese government are well documented.

I actually thought Labor had given him the flick before Christmas when it was revealed he’d hired a Chinese spy.

Aug 11, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Timberwolves, Crystal Palace
Old news, he’s been a bought and paid for Chinese mouthpiece for at least two years. His ties to the Chinese government are well documented.

I actually thought Labor had given him the flick before Christmas when it was revealed he’d hired a Chinese spy.
Quite a few labor members had said he's a disgrace and needed to be kicked out in the last few years

interesting... was this well reported? I’d never heard of him. But I don’t pay much attention to nsw state politics

Caesar

Ex-Huckleberry
Mar 3, 2005
Tombstone, AZ
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
interesting... was this well reported? I’d never heard of him. But I don’t pay much attention to nsw state politics
Unfortunately nothing in state politics is well reported any more. There were a couple of articles in the Sydney Morning Herald, but I wouldn’t be surprised if it went largely unnoticed interstate.
The AFP are now the heavies branch of the Liberal Party.
I’m as critical of the AFP media raids as anyone, but it doesn’t take a federal warrant to see that this guy is a genuine fifth columnist.

He travels to China on private dime every couple of months, gives speeches that sound like Chinese PR copy, and had a senior CCP political operative working in his electoral office. God knows what else the spooks have on him.

As Upgrayedd notes, recently even some of his own ALP colleagues wanted him gone. I suspect that the only reason the high hiedyins didn’t kick him out before now is that his vote is fairly crucial in the Legislative Council.

Last edited:
Jul 13, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
The AFP are now the heavies branch of the Liberal Party.

Booted out of the ALP as soon as he was announced as a person of interest.

If anything, its the ALP cleaning house.

Just like in Victoria where it looks to be ALP vs ALP.

But yes, blame Scomo. Because its all youre capable of doing.

blackcat

Irving's godfather and handle
Dec 29, 2003
Beverly Hills 90210 Antifa bracket
AFL Club
Richmond
You dont think they are throwing decent coin at both sides?

"It doesn't matter whether a cat is black or white, as long as it catches mice."

blackcat
Might do what Dems do in US seppo, see: brother Biden and Hunter Biden, see: Clinton Library, book deals and Goldman speeches, Libs prolly just real-estate deals

Aug 11, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Timberwolves, Crystal Palace
What is it with China and Labor pollies? This is massive news. Sweeping investigation please!
Both sided. The coalition once got a bag of rolexes. Which they all thought were fake, untill one of the members noticed that they were all 40k+ watches literally dolled out to 20+ federal liberal members.

Happens both sides. Best thibg federal labor can do was to push on the state to expell him. Ehich they have done

medusala

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Aug 14, 2004
Loftus Road
AFL Club
Hawthorn
#meds, sorry to say, de pfeffel has been thoroughly underwhelming

Yes, been very average. Absurdly listened to ICL chap with a track record of outstanding failure. Now banging on about FDR.

Also idiotically ruled out "austerity" ie sensible economics. Lacks courage.

Back