Win Prizes Ask an Atheist - Shoe's on the other foot now!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, we're going to have a change of tack.

As I'm sure you can see, the thread title has been changed to Ask an Atheist. People who have a question to ask of the atheists who populate this thread - more than the christians do - should feel free to ask questions of them.

If you've still got a live question posted to a christian, feel free to continue conversing for the time being.

Standard board rules apply.

Last edited:
Your knowledge of history and your apparent Enlightenment seem to be trumped by those who are also enlightened yet have faith. You may need to examine the source of the truth, Jesus Himself, instead of people who have found the truth. No person is ever going to convince a person like you. You will always win every debate on here, yet there is still something missing - really why else would you bother coming here?
You're a masochist.

You nailed that. This has not been Ask A Christian for some years.
But while these guys are still here year after year, seeking the truth, some of us Christians pop in from time to time to try and help.
If we were seeking truth, why would we ask Christians? You guys haven't even caught up with the truth of the theory of evolution yet, so you're about 200 years behind.

If we were seeking truth, why would we ask Christians? You guys haven't even caught up with the truth of the theory of evolution yet, so you're about 200 years behind.
Crazy if you really think that. Most Christians in this country are pretty well educated. Evolution is not incompatible with having faith in Jesus as God. Nowhere in the Bible does it say- Thou Shalt Not Be Educated About Evolution. Have you thought why so many Christians believe despite knowing about Evolution, Enlightenment....?

Your attempts to 'help' are disappointing and unconvincing.
I'm here more as a dolphin, to help cushion the blows, and be there with you while you encounter the possible truths of the Gospel. I am not here to force anything down your lion-hearted throat.

I'm here more as a dolphin, to help cushion the blows, and be there with you while you encounter the possible truths of the Gospel.

You've been spectacularly unsuccessful so far in helping me 'encounter' the possible truths of the Gospel. There's very little 'truth' to them.

You've been spectacularly unsuccessful so far in helping me 'encounter' the possible truths of the Gospel. There's very little 'truth' to them.
No, I'm here to assist you after you encounter the truths. You know what is required, and it's not coercion by a believer. If you are ripe for the truth, and if it's God's will, the truth will set you free.

Crazy if you really think that. Most Christians in this country are pretty well educated. Evolution is not incompatible with having faith in Jesus as God. Nowhere in the Bible does it say- Thou Shalt Not Be Educated About Evolution. Have you thought why so many Christians believe despite knowing about Evolution, Enlightenment....?
The theory of evolution kills the book of Genesis.

I suppose you struggle with cognitive dissonance. It must be hard for you to maintain scientific principles with your faith. Regardless, history is littered with high functioning individuals who defer to faith over reason and knowledge.

No, I'm here to assist you after you encounter the truths. You know what is required, and it's not coercion by a believer. If you are ripe for the truth, and if it's God's will, the truth will set you free.
I'll let you know when I encounter truth.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The theory of evolution kills the book of Genesis.

I suppose you struggle with cognitive dissonance. It must be hard for you to maintain scientific principles with your faith. Regardless, history is littered with high functioning individuals who defer to faith over reason and knowledge.
I don't look at the book of Genesis as a historical document; it is more allegorical. Still valuable, but not literal. That might be frowned upon by some Christians, but so be it. I still believe God created ALL things.

Vdubs

What model Tesla do you have?
Y do U ask?
And that was not my reply btw.
I would love the Cybertruck. But Elon has pulled the pin on it coming here- too large, and no R hand drive version.

Last edited:
I'm not discussing it here. Nothing more than an attempt to change the subject.
No, my attention span needs a break. Footy is light-hearted, and only requires a brief response, but if you're not up for that, fine.

Last edited:
You claim such as truth. I see no supporting evidence that it is so.
Not yet. When you do, you will appreciate the differences. The Bible willk be alive, you will not read it as a tedious collection of unrelated whatevers.

Depends... is the person you are asking the question to a christian?
He is an Enlightened Historian. I know nothong about his faith. We know his team is Brisbane.
'Anyway, let's not change the topic....

I don't look at the book of Genesis as a historical document; it is more allegorical.

No reason then to suggest then that marriage is actually the pinnacle of creation, or that god created man in his own image or that there was 'original sin'. Allegory is merely the invention of man in order to demonstrate a moral he created.

God was indeed created in man's own image. Dr. Francesca Stavrakopoulou demonstrates this very clearly in her new work: "God: An Anatomy", which I've jsut finished reading.

But for those that are averse to the print word...here's a video

I still believe God created ALL things.

You believe that with no supporting evidence to suggest that is actually true.

No reason then to suggest then that marriage is actually the pinnacle of creation, or that god created man in his own image or that there was 'original sin'. Allegory is merely the invention of man in order to demonstrate a moral he created.

God was indeed created in man's own image. Dr. Francesca Stavrakopoulou demonstrates this very clearly in her new work: "God: An Anatomy", which I've jsut finished reading.

But for those that are averse to the print word...here's a video

You believe that with no supporting evidence to suggest that is actually true.
I BELIEVE.
Irrefutable fact that you can't handle, despite the lack of your evidence.

Not yet. When you do, you will appreciate the differences.

I doubt that very much.

The Bible willk be alive, you will not read it as a tedious collection of unrelated whatevers.

The Bible isn't tedious. It's a great collection of literature about some of the ancient myths and legends held as true by the ancients.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back