Win Prizes Ask an Atheist - Shoe's on the other foot now!

May 1, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
Alright, we're going to have a change of tack.

As I'm sure you can see, the thread title has been changed to Ask an Atheist. People who have a question to ask of the atheists who populate this thread - more than the christians do - should feel free to ask questions of them.

If you've still got a live question posted to a christian, feel free to continue conversing for the time being.

Standard board rules apply.

Last edited:

mikey127

Premiership Player
Feb 4, 2011
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I saw the thread on here ask a communist and I thought as a Christian I would put up a similar thread to answer question as I consider myself a fairly middle of the road Christian.

Before I start answering questions I just wanted to state a few things.

This thread is NOT for a debate between Christian and atheists for that please use another thread
I am here to answer more general questions rather than get into deep theological discussions
I will aim to reply in a timely manner but I work full time and have other commitments so I apologise if I don't reply straight away.
I will be respectful and polite towards people no matter what their views and beliefs are so I would appreciate the same in return.
Please keep it to a maximum of 2 questions per post and wait for those to be responded to before posting more.

Feel free to fire away with any questions.

Jul 5, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Kidding, right?
Tell it to your parents dickhead .
I can feel the grace of our Lord and saviour Jesus Christ uplifting me with every syllable of that loving post.

You really are quite the awesome role model for those Christians whose confidence may be being sapped by doubts about their faith.

Boston tiger

Norm Smith Medallist
May 10, 2010
Where it all began
AFL Club
Richmond
You're making great strides here, mate.

It brings me great pleasure to see you acknowledge that (at least) some atheists are capable of love. We've finally got through to you after all these years.

Would you like to testify about when and how you found the truth?

If you want to hear testimonies go to a church and get fair dinkum.

Jul 5, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Kidding, right?
So atheists you all seem to getting on swimmingly and found friendship. How about you start an ..ask an atheist thread.
You are not going to find any spiritual happiness here so perhaps a fellowship of atheists may be the ticket.
Yeah, there is a certain collegiality between people who live their lives based on truth, verifiable facts and reality, and who recognise that in others.

Aug 19, 2004
Grand Finals
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Rafael Nadal

Like those abused kids who went to the Catholic Church you mean? did they get 'fair dinkum'? Over 216,000 sexual assault cases alone by the French catholic Church in the past 70 years and those are the ones they admitted to. Shame on you for supporting one of the biggest pedo ring in the world, who shelters, protects and promotes these criminals for centuries.

If you had any shame you should STFU about going to the Church. But who knows with you....

Oct 17, 2000
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Fitzroy Football Club
What would you know Roy. You have admitted that you have no idea about God what so ever .. so how would you know whether it makes it the word of God or not.

The Bible is of course the word of man. It's so obvious.

Your have posted a picture of a book cover with spaghetti monster on it for heaven sakes which has given me great joy by the ways

The FSM has that effect. Praise his Noodly name!

Pray to His Noodliness, BT, because by doing so you will see ample evidence of His Noodliness' infinite goodness, power and love. Give up your heretic ways, only then will you experience His Noodliness in all his greatness and fullness.

Oct 17, 2000
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Fitzroy Football Club

So true! The Church of the FSM will deliver all that you need in this life. You are beginning to see the true power of the FSM. R'amen!

Rosscoe

Cancelled
Sep 28, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Only an organisation like the Catholic Church will continue to be 'special'.

In France, they say the number can reach 300,000 since the 1950s.

That would be about 5000 cases of abuse a year and that's just France.

I don't see any place with numbers like that.

Epstein is a little fish, compared to this organisation.

Epstein is a prick like those pricks.

Oct 17, 2000
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Fitzroy Football Club
So question for the Christians, why don't you know as much about your religion as atheists and agnostics do?

The following quote was quite amusing.

"Atheism is an effect of that knowledge, not a lack of knowledge. I gave a Bible to my daughter. That's how you make atheists."

Opine

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 30, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
The following quote was quite amusing.

"Atheism is an effect of that knowledge, not a lack of knowledge. I gave a Bible to my daughter. That's how you make atheists."
I assert that you're really an atheist until further proof presents itself to change your position. You're not in an agnostic state; permanent or temporary. No if's or but's. Do not respond re this.

Last edited:
Oct 17, 2000
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Fitzroy Football Club
I assert that you're really an atheist

I reject your assertion.

until further proof presents itself to change your position. You're not in an agnostic state; permanent or temporary. No if's or but's.

I'll repeat.....

I've stated my position before on a number of occasions.

Here's what I said, thirteen years ago in 2008. I'll repeat it here for your benefit and underlined / highlighted the important bits so you don't miss it / ignore it again.

"An agnostic is someone of the view that hold that nothing is known, or is likely to be known, of the existance of God or of anything beyond material phenomena. An agnostic does not necessarily deny the existence of God (as atheists do) but holds that one cannot know for certain whether or not it or they exist, as defined. Many agnostics (as I do) therefore live their lives without concern for observing the worship of an unknowable god and do not concern themselves with attempting to 'know' God.

If some type of supernatural being does exist then I have no knowledge of the nature of such a being or indeed whether such a Being exists at all

Agnostics will most likely treat, with considerable disbelief and incredulity, those who claim to definitely 'know' that there is a god or gods through their own 'experiences' or through the reading of a 'Holy' text or other works. As such they will often reject 'religion' in its various forms.

However an agnostic will also not claim there is definitely no god or gods, as they believe that this conclusion is also unknowable.

So, as I have said before, I am very happy to be convinced of the existence of 'god'. Whatever 'god' is.

I have NEVER categorically denied the existence of 'god' or indeed any god, other than to say that the 'god' presented by various cultural groups whether they are ancient Hebrews, first century Christians, various Christian groups and churches, the Islamic faith, and so on are the product of human imagination. No one knows what 'god' actually is, other than they believe in another's version of how they see/saw 'god'.

As such, I have also asked for a definition of 'god' and asked for evidence in support of 'god's' actual existence. I have refuted (or asked for clarification) of evidence that has been presented that I consider to be weak, inconclusive or makes giant leaps of logic and faith. That includes (but is not limited to) quoting from the Bible.

The contents of the Bible are not necessarily true because the Bible says they are true.

Do not respond re this.

On a public forum I'll respond where I like, when I like and as often as I like, thanks. Whether you like it or not.

Last edited:

Rosscoe

Cancelled
Sep 28, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
I reject your assertion.

I'll repeat.....

Here's what I said, thirteen years ago in 2008. I'll repeat it here for your benefit and underlined / highlighted the important bits so you don't miss it / ignore it again.

"An agnostic is someone of the view that hold that nothing is known, or is likely to be known, of the existance of God or of anything beyond material phenomena. An agnostic does not necessarily deny the existence of God (as atheists do) but holds that one cannot know for certain whether or not it or they exist, as defined. Many agnostics (as I do) therefore live their lives without concern for observing the worship of an unknowable god and do not concern themselves with attempting to 'know' God.

If some type of supernatural being does exist then I have no knowledge of the nature of such a being or indeed whether such a Being exists at all

Agnostics will most likely treat, with considerable disbelief and incredulity, those who claim to definitely 'know' that there is a god or gods through their own 'experiences' or through the reading of a 'Holy' text or other works. As such they will often reject 'religion' in its various forms.

However an agnostic will also not claim there is definitely no god or gods, as they believe that this conclusion is also unknowable.

So, as I have said before, I am very happy to be convinced of the existence of 'god'. Whatever 'god' is.

I have NEVER categorically denied the existence of 'god' or indeed any god, other than to say that the 'god' presented by various cultural groups whether they are ancient Hebrews, first century Christians, various Christian groups and churches, the Islamic faith, and so on are the product of human imagination. No one knows what 'god' actually is, other than they believe in another's version of how they see/saw 'god'.

As such, I have also asked for a definition of 'god' and asked for evidence in support of 'god's' actual existence. I have refuted (or asked for clarification) of evidence that has been presented that I consider to be weak, inconclusive or makes giant leaps of logic and faith. That includes (but is not limited to) quoting from the Bible.

The contents of the Bible are not necessarily true because the Bible says they are true.

On a public forum I'll respond where I like, when I like and as often as I like, thanks. Whether you like it or not.

You have consistently said you believe in evolution..you are full of s**t.

Oct 17, 2000
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Fitzroy Football Club
You have consistently said you believe in evolution.

What’s evolution got to do with the existence of ‘god’? All your statement above proves is that you just don’t understand evolution.

.you are full of sh*t.

Get a basic science education (start off with biology - let’s say genetics) and then come and talk to the rest of the adults here. I teach teenagers that argue with more logic, knowledge and use of evidence than you do.

Opine

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 30, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
I reject your assertion.

I'll repeat.....

I don’t believe you.

carltonchelsea

Premium Gold
Sep 4, 2021
AFL Club
Carlton
Atleast Mohammed didn't offer up an excuse for being a pedophile. He was too Godly!! and also it was normal back then so Godly people also just went with the flow. Maybe like BT suggested in this thread, who are we to judge God. If God likes pedos, it must be his way. Food for thought.
There are a great deal of oddities amongst Mohammed’s (peace be upon him etc. etc,) sexual appetites and proclivities to his self proclaimed “greatest man ever to have walked the earth” nonsense Muslims carry on about.
Amongst them, old Mo’ proclaimed that he had his best revelations from Allah/Yahweh when he was dressed in his child brides, Aisha’s, bed robes, ie: his was a cross dresser, not only that, a child cross dressing cat.
Old Mo’ loved Aisha with all his heart soul and mind that he couldn’t wait beyond her ample 9 years of existence to rape her, but the kicker is, that he gladly “fondled her privates” when she was bathing and washing when she was an exceedingly mature 6 year old.
Our friend Mohammed, an exceptional gift to humanity at the time, also dabbled in the sucking of his male counterparts tongues whilst on sojourns through the desert to pillage and raze neighbouring outposts, * knows why, liquid scarcity, or just good old fashioned man swapping fluidity.
It’s well known that Mo’ was an incredibly talented marauder with astute business acumen, but his greatest achievement mostly well known by historical academics unafraid to counter muslim threats, that he was the greatest slave trader possibly to have arisen from his historical arena in the Middle East of pre-pubescent African girls in his lifetime and beyond.
The merchant Mohammed raised his capital to fund his soirées off the back of paedophillic sex slavery from Africa, the likes of which will never be seen again.
This might rile some, but I care not, this was a man that met his death at the hands of a young Jewess, upon having her entire family, husband and tribe beheaded, sought her revenge by cooking poisoned goat/lamb for yours truly and his companions.
There must be something in that Jewish/Muslim hatred more than a silly mosque or temple in the holy land.
Food for a thought.
cc

Last edited:

carltonchelsea

Premium Gold
Sep 4, 2021
AFL Club
Carlton
I assert that you're really an atheist until further proof presents itself to change your position. You're not in an agnostic state; permanent or temporary. No if's or but's. Do not respond re this.
False dilemma/ black and white fallacy, your argument is invalid, please try again.
Excluded middle is breaking the Law, maaaaaan.👍

Back