Win Prizes Ask an Atheist - Shoe's on the other foot now!

May 1, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
Alright, we're going to have a change of tack.

As I'm sure you can see, the thread title has been changed to Ask an Atheist. People who have a question to ask of the atheists who populate this thread - more than the christians do - should feel free to ask questions of them.

If you've still got a live question posted to a christian, feel free to continue conversing for the time being.

Standard board rules apply.

Last edited:
The Jesus of the Gospels is mythical. Virgin birth, raising of the dead, resurrection, ascension and so on.
Fair enough.
You have read it often enough, clearly nothing needs to be said.

Jul 5, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Kidding, right?
Ask Mikey127 if I'm free to believe what I want?

Was it Voltaire the supporter of free speech that said: "to find out who rules over you find out who you are not allowed to criticise"? So who rules over you?
I'm not telling you that you can't speak. The forum is yours pal.

Just pointing out that the frame of reference you're using for your argument is more than a little out of date.

Science doesn't claim to have all the answers. But starting several hundred years ago, science started to provide answers for some questions of life that completely debunked the religious explanation of the world, and in the time since, religion has singularly failed to return serve, retreating instead into an elevation of "faith" to a level with fact. A level it does not deserve in the least.

Jul 5, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Kidding, right?
The Enlightenment is still not mutually exclusive with faith in God
It certainly tore shreds in the religious explanation for the origin of the world. And as I just explained to our new chum here, you can bang on all you want about "faith" (read: wishful thinking) but those of us who deal in fact and truth don't really think much of that.

Evolved1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 14, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
Y do U ask?
And that was not my reply btw.
I would love the Cybertruck. But Elon has pulled the pin on it coming here- too large, and no R hand drive version.
Curious, that's all. Not really in the market to buy one right now. The cybertruck looks like an abortion imo.

Sep 30, 2008
Western Victoria
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chelsea
Dude most of us already found the truth.
I'm not telling you that you can't speak. The forum is yours pal.

Just pointing out that the frame of reference you're using for your argument is more than a little out of date.

Science doesn't claim to have all the answers. But starting several hundred years ago, science started to provide answers for some questions of life that completely debunked the religious explanation of the world, and in the time since, religion has singularly failed to return serve, retreating instead into an elevation of "faith" to a level with fact. A level it does not deserve in the least.
Straight from the mouth of Sir David Attenborough

Evolved1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 14, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
It certainly tore shreds in the religious explanation for the origin of the world. And as I just explained to our new chum here, you can bang on all you want about "faith" (read: wishful thinking) but those of us who deal in fact and truth don't really think much of that.
Mate, you're not accounting for the truth that Satan planted the fossils! Evilution is a lie of the debil.

Kralj Tomislav

Draftee
Jun 11, 2022
AFL Club
Richmond
The theory of evolution kills the book of Genesis.

I suppose you struggle with cognitive dissonance. It must be hard for you to maintain scientific principles with your faith. Regardless, history is littered with high functioning individuals who defer to faith over reason and knowledge.
You're funny, you're the guy that read the Book of Numbers looking for support for abortion lol!

Aug 19, 2004
Grand Finals
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Rafael Nadal
2 Corinthians 3:14-16
But their senses were made dull. For, until this present day, the selfsame veil, in the reading of the old testament, remaineth not taken away (because in Christ it is made void). But even until this day, when Moses is read, the veil is upon their heart. But when they shall be converted to the Lord, the veil shall be taken away.

Sorry buddy but I don't care for what you believe, the Apostle Paul (formerly Saul persecutor of Christ) teaches me.
Way to shift goal posts from 'book of Jews' to a self declared apostle who was a fraud facing persecution. Someone who never met Jesus but Jesus appeared to him when he had a heat stroke on the way to Damuscus. Exactly same as Islam. But your choice what you believe in.

Atleast you can try reading Isiah objecitvely instead of what Christian sites are out there claiming.

Kralj Tomislav

Draftee
Jun 11, 2022
AFL Club
Richmond
You nailed that. This has not been Ask A Christian for some years.
But while these guys are still here year after year, seeking the truth, some of us Christians pop in from time to time to try and help.
They say truth is one and error multiple, do you think all these guys that aren't here to "Ask a Christian" have the same faith? I don't think so.

I asked one guy what his faith is and he was to scared to answer lol!

Kralj Tomislav

Draftee
Jun 11, 2022
AFL Club
Richmond
Way to shift goal posts from 'book of Jews' to a self declared apostle who was a fraud facing persecution. Someone who never met Jesus but Jesus appeared to him when he had a heat stroke on the way to Damuscus. Exactly same as Islam. But your choice what you believe in.

Atleast you can try reading Isiah objecitvely instead of what Christian sites are out there claiming.
These atheists here don't care about you, just go away and start the ask a Jew thread, and if they start mocking you just call them antisemites lol!

Aug 19, 2004
Grand Finals
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Rafael Nadal
These atheists here don't care about you, just go away and start the ask a Jew thread, and if they start mocking you just call them antisemites lol!
You made the claim, the book of Jews said this and that.

I showed you this was wrong. Then you quote Corinthians to prove your point (absolutely irrelevant to the point i was mking), from a persecuted fraud who was only trying to protect himself and he never met Jesus.

Imagine, trusting someone who tells you how a person is, without having met them. lol with a criminal record. Imagine trusting a person who said women needs to be quiet in front of men as men are 'keepers' of women.

Yeah strong stuff there mate.

Evolved1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 14, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
You're funny, you're the guy that read the Book of Numbers looking for support for abortion lol!
Then the Lord said to Moses, 12 “Speak to the Israelites and say to them: ‘If a man’s wife goes astray and is unfaithful to him 13 so that another man has sexual relations with her, and this is hidden from her husband and her impurity is undetected (since there is no witness against her and she has not been caught in the act), 14 and if feelings of jealousy come over her husband and he suspects his wife and she is impure—or if he is jealous and suspects her even though she is not impure— 15 then he is to take his wife to the priest. He must also take an offering of a tenth of an ephah[c] of barley flour on her behalf. He must not pour olive oil on it or put incense on it, because it is a grain offering for jealousy, a reminder-offering to draw attention to wrongdoing.

16 “‘The priest shall bring her and have her stand before the Lord. 17 Then he shall take some holy water in a clay jar and put some dust from the tabernacle floor into the water. 18 After the priest has had the woman stand before the Lord, he shall loosen her hair and place in her hands the reminder-offering, the grain offering for jealousy, while he himself holds the bitter water that brings a curse. 19 Then the priest shall put the woman under oath and say to her, “If no other man has had sexual relations with you and you have not gone astray and become impure while married to your husband, may this bitter water that brings a curse not harm you. 20 But if you have gone astray while married to your husband and you have made yourself impure by having sexual relations with a man other than your husband”— 21 here the priest is to put the woman under this curse—“may the Lord cause you to become a curse[d] among your people when he makes your womb miscarry and your abdomen swell. 22 May this water that brings a curse enter your body so that your abdomen swells or your womb miscarries.”

“‘Then the woman is to say, “Amen. So be it.”

23 “‘The priest is to write these curses on a scroll and then wash them off into the bitter water. 24 He shall make the woman drink the bitter water that brings a curse, and this water that brings a curse and causes bitter suffering will enter her. 25 The priest is to take from her hands the grain offering for jealousy, wave it before the Lord and bring it to the altar. 26 The priest is then to take a handful of the grain offering as a memorial[e] offering and burn it on the altar; after that, he is to have the woman drink the water. 27 If she has made herself impure and been unfaithful to her husband, this will be the result: When she is made to drink the water that brings a curse and causes bitter suffering, it will enter her, her abdomen will swell and her womb will miscarry, and she will become a curse. 28 If, however, the woman has not made herself impure, but is clean, she will be cleared of guilt and will be able to have children.

29 “‘This, then, is the law of jealousy when a woman goes astray and makes herself impure while married to her husband, 30 or when feelings of jealousy come over a man because he suspects his wife. The priest is to have her stand before the Lord and is to apply this entire law to her. 31 The husband will be innocent of any wrongdoing, but the woman will bear the consequences of her sin.’”

Numbers 5:11-31

Those are instructions on performing an abortion. Do you know anything about "bitter water"?

Kralj Tomislav

Draftee
Jun 11, 2022
AFL Club
Richmond
Then the Lord said to Moses, 12 “Speak to the Israelites and say to them: ‘If a man’s wife goes astray and is unfaithful to him 13 so that another man has sexual relations with her, and this is hidden from her husband and her impurity is undetected (since there is no witness against her and she has not been caught in the act), 14 and if feelings of jealousy come over her husband and he suspects his wife and she is impure—or if he is jealous and suspects her even though she is not impure— 15 then he is to take his wife to the priest. He must also take an offering of a tenth of an ephah[c] of barley flour on her behalf. He must not pour olive oil on it or put incense on it, because it is a grain offering for jealousy, a reminder-offering to draw attention to wrongdoing.

16 “‘The priest shall bring her and have her stand before the Lord. 17 Then he shall take some holy water in a clay jar and put some dust from the tabernacle floor into the water. 18 After the priest has had the woman stand before the Lord, he shall loosen her hair and place in her hands the reminder-offering, the grain offering for jealousy, while he himself holds the bitter water that brings a curse. 19 Then the priest shall put the woman under oath and say to her, “If no other man has had sexual relations with you and you have not gone astray and become impure while married to your husband, may this bitter water that brings a curse not harm you. 20 But if you have gone astray while married to your husband and you have made yourself impure by having sexual relations with a man other than your husband”— 21 here the priest is to put the woman under this curse—“may the Lord cause you to become a curse[d] among your people when he makes your womb miscarry and your abdomen swell. 22 May this water that brings a curse enter your body so that your abdomen swells or your womb miscarries.”

“‘Then the woman is to say, “Amen. So be it.”

23 “‘The priest is to write these curses on a scroll and then wash them off into the bitter water. 24 He shall make the woman drink the bitter water that brings a curse, and this water that brings a curse and causes bitter suffering will enter her. 25 The priest is to take from her hands the grain offering for jealousy, wave it before the Lord and bring it to the altar. 26 The priest is then to take a handful of the grain offering as a memorial[e] offering and burn it on the altar; after that, he is to have the woman drink the water. 27 If she has made herself impure and been unfaithful to her husband, this will be the result: When she is made to drink the water that brings a curse and causes bitter suffering, it will enter her, her abdomen will swell and her womb will miscarry, and she will become a curse. 28 If, however, the woman has not made herself impure, but is clean, she will be cleared of guilt and will be able to have children.

29 “‘This, then, is the law of jealousy when a woman goes astray and makes herself impure while married to her husband, 30 or when feelings of jealousy come over a man because he suspects his wife. The priest is to have her stand before the Lord and is to apply this entire law to her. 31 The husband will be innocent of any wrongdoing, but the woman will bear the consequences of her sin.’”

Numbers 5:11-31

Those are instructions on performing an abortion. Do you know anything about "bitter water"?
They're instructions to find out if a woman committed adultery. What Bible you reading because mine does not have the word "miscarry"?

Numbers 5:27-28
And when he hath made her drink the water, then it shall come to pass, if she be defiled, and have acted unfaithfully against her husband, that the water that causeth the curse shall enter into her and become bitter, and her belly shall swell, and her thigh shall fall away; and the woman shall be a curse among her people. And if the woman be not defiled, but be clean; then she shall be cleared, and shall conceive seed.

Doesn't have the word miscarry their either lol!

Kralj Tomislav

Draftee
Jun 11, 2022
AFL Club
Richmond
They're instructions to find out if a woman committed adultery. What Bible you reading because mine does not have the word "miscarry"?

Numbers chapter 5 from a Jewish website

And when he hath made her drink the water, then it shall come to pass, if she be defiled, and have acted unfaithfully against her husband, that the water that causeth the curse shall enter into her and become bitter, and her belly shall swell, and her thigh shall fall away; and the woman shall be a curse among her people. And if the woman be not defiled, but be clean; then she shall be cleared, and shall conceive seed.

Evolved1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 14, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon

Numbers chapter 5 from a Jewish website

I do enjoy your mental gymnastics. I suppose they're the reason you keep the faith.

Where do we go from there? I suspect you think the Psalmist wrote of infants being dashed against rocks as a means of proclaiming their pro-life views!

Aug 19, 2004
Grand Finals
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Rafael Nadal
That elevates my opinion of Kenny- he was a beautiful player for us.
You can have him back lol i will pack his bags and drive him to the airport too.

Useless spud, worst coach in the history of PAFC , 10 years without grand finals. I think 3rd world in AFL/VFL history too.

I now see your problem, you judge a person by their faith and not their work. I am the opposite, for me i can judge a person by their works irrespective of faith.

Last edited:
You can have him back lol i will pack his bags and drive him to the airport too.

Useless spud, worst coach in the history of PAFC , 10 years without grand finals. I think 3rd world in AFL/VFL history too.

I now see your problem, you judge a person by their faith and not their work. I am the opposite, for me i can judge a person by their works irrespective of faith.
I loved Kenny as a coach, never knew about his faith, he got your team into prelims. I preferred CS as coach for us when it came to a choice of CS, Sanderson and Kenny, but Kenny can get your players to play for him.

Back