Religion Ask a Christian - Continued in Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Modern scholarship holds that there is little to no historical information to determine what happened during those years, although there are quite a few theories that have been put forward, including visits to India, Egypt and Britain. The gospels don't record those years because their purpose was to emphasise the ministry of Jesus and how he fulfilled Old Testament prophecy. So the gospels needed to emphasise that. Interestingly, the approximate ages at either end of that period, 12 and 30, have some significance in Judaism - bar mitzvah at 13 and entry to the priesthood at 30.

As whether Jesus existed, there's no contemporary evidence supporting that premise. The Gospels and the other books of the New Testament were written after the traditional date assigned for Jesus' death and they appear to be the closest in time to the traditional dates of Jesus' life.
Your thoughts on Yeshua Ben Pandira Roy? Many scholars reckon he was Jesus as referred in the Bible.

Nah please dont get to us, we want to get far away from an organised group as possible. We are good as it is. Dont want spiritual practices ruined :) or dont want to spoil your party by not telling you what you want to hear.

You have a lot of problems, first and forest those massive number of pedophile priests who seem to get out of jail with a slap on the wrist. Just sayin.

Your whole existence is parasital. You need a host to be relevant even in your own eyes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Nah please dont get to us, we want to get far away from an organised group as possible. We are good as it is. Dont want spiritual practices ruined :) or dont want to spoil your party by not telling you what you want to hear.

You have a lot of problems, first and forest those massive number of pedophile priests who seem to get out of jail with a slap on the wrist. Just sayin.
Whoah dude,even I haven't gone there in this fred.
That gig is reserved for all hierarchical dominion,the church is but one of many,and it is those that I came here to crush!
Time may not be on my side,but the legacy of my scorn will be felt,thru the hands and hearts and words of 'our' children.
THE UNBELIEVERS
Enlight1.jpg

Whoah dude,even I haven't gone there in this fred.
That gig is reserved for all hierarchical dominion,the church is but one of many,and it is those that I came here to crush!
Time may not be on my side,but the legacy of my scorn will be felt,thru the hands and hearts and words of 'our' children.
THE UNBELIEVERS
View attachment 384889

haha

everytime i point out the hypocrisy of these organised group they really get fired up and attack others. Maybe before pointing finger at others they need to look in the mirror first. None of these guys have any tolerance, whether its for another opinion or religion or others beliefs. Afterall if they really did believe in Jesus who preached not to judge others as "“Let him who is without sin among you be the first to throw a stone".

Tolerance is the key, there too many of these types arguing my religion is greater than others. Hence the problem in today's world. Christians had little tolerance for Gnosticsm cause that would shatter their belief of Jesus walking on water and turning water into wine. Well ok, whatever floats your boat then

:)

Last edited:
haha

everytime i point out the hypocrisy of these organised group they really get fired up and attack others. Maybe before pointing finger at others they need to look in the mirror first. None of these guys have any tolerance, whether its for another opinion or religion or others beliefs. Afterall if they really did believe in Jesus who preached not to judge others as "“Let him who is without sin among you be the first to throw a stone".

Tolerance is the key, there too many of these types arguing my religion is greater than others. Hence the problem in today's world. Christians had little tolerance for Gnosticsm cause that would shatter their belief of Jesus walking on water and turning water into wine. Well ok, whatever floats your boat then

:)
I'm just proud of myself for not having gone there,but applaud you,cause they dun needs remindin' likest!
******* hicks!
The lot of 'em!!

Well Turkey under Vlad has taken a step forward it seems, right up there with the christian fundies.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...ulum-recep-tayyip-erdogan-regime-a7804016.htm

“We have excluded controversial subjects for students at an age unable yet to understand the issues’ scientific background,” he told a seminar in Ankara, according to Hurriyet Daily News.

“As the students at ninth grade are not endowed with antecedents to discuss the ‘Origin of Life and Evolution’ section in biology classes, this section will be delayed until undergraduate study.”

Controverial LOL. Yes lets teach them creationism till indoctrination is complete.

Ofcourse there would be no controversy about magic creation, could there be?

Roylion what are your thoughts on this one? where was Jesus from 12-30 and why dont any of the gospels say anything about it?

What was the level of communication in this day?
The internet wasn't quite up and running and village whispers may have been the order of that day.
Would have there been any reason at all to track the birth and up to the death of a common villager that seemed to have something to say?

These stories simply get embellished as they go along and passed down through another bronze stylus, quill, pen, computer etc. to serve a larger purpose than for any one righteous individual.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What was the level of communication in this day?
The internet wasn't quite up and running and village whispers may have been the order of that day.
Would have there been any reason at all to track the birth and up to the death of a common villager that seemed to have something to say?

These stories simply get embellished as they go along and passed down through another bronze stylus, quill, pen, computer etc. to serve a larger purpose than for any one righteous individual.

Mediums may change but human nature never does.....In spite of silly Darwinian claims to the contrary.:D;)

Mediums may change but human nature never does.....In spite of silly Darwinian claims to the contrary.:D;)

Wrong, the purpose of life remains the same (on a bigger scale), survival and reproduction, throughout nature. Every single specie.

This may not appeal to the religious ones but you can see its true. Survival is the key to everything.

Say what?

Following this line........the more advanced we become, the less we know. Is that how it works?

No....Like so many moderns, you fall for the usual categorical error of conflating technological advancement for a biological one.

It's always amused me no end that one.

No....Like so many moderns, you fall for the usual categorical error of conflating technological advancement for a biological one.

So in following your argument, the more we know, the less we know.

I won't say that that's completely out of the bounds of reality, but to subscribe to myth ahead of science may trip you over more often than not.

I mean, that's sort of obvious, isn;t it?

Stop "inventing" your own science. Since when evolution claimed human nature has changed? provide your evidence :rolleyes:
Whether it's the neanderthals or single same organisms, survival is the key to everything. Every single one of us is trying to survive first and foremost.

So in following your argument, the more we know, the less we know.

I won't say that that's completely out of the bounds of reality, but to subscribe to myth ahead of science may trip you over more often than not.

I mean, that's sort of obvious, isn;t it?

Depends....Are you comparing knowledge with wisdom here?

Wisdom is knowledge of eternal, perennial, metaphysical truths.....Knowledge is about specific stuff.....And yes, it can certainly clutter one's mind & befoul one's lens from seeing clearly, distinctly & vividly.....Much as a child can see beyond the conceptual, adult, socially constructed world.

Depends....Are you comparing knowledge with wisdom here?

Wisdom is knowledge of eternal, perennial, metaphysical truths.....Knowledge is about specific stuff.....And yes, it can certainly clutter one's mind & befoul one's lens from seeing clearly, distinctly & vividly.....Much as a child can see beyond the conceptual, adult, socially constructed world.

Why is wisdom seemingly restricted to a bygone era?
Is there no scope for modern day wisdom, or are we simply getting dumber as the years go by?

Again, on this point alone, I feel that there is scope for discussion, but that makes for a very different argument than for the one that is being held here.

Is there no scope for modern day wisdom, or are we simply getting dumber as the years go by?

Again, on this point alone, I feel that there is scope for discussion, but that makes for a very different argument than for the one that is being held here.

No, no, not at all....I disagree entirely.

The advancement of technology has a definitive symbiosis with the loss of spirituality & meaning in our modern world.

Can TV & technology make people intellectually lazy & dumber ?.....It certainly can & does.

This is absolutely not the case.

the concept of vital energy has gone out the window in science, because it is immeasurable physically. We have remnants of it in medicine by way of the term "vital signs", but it is simply now a reference to measurable physical life signs.

the concept of vitalism is not restricted to the esoteric. Some great quantum physicists have explained the nessessity for consciousness at a sub-atomic level. Max Planck and David Bohm have hinted as to the underlying awareness of everything.

Until we know anything about the vital plane, also known as the etheric plane, then we will know nothing of the mechanism for the leaps that occur in evolution.

No, no, not at all....I disagree entirely.
The advancement of technology has a definitive symbiosis with the loss of spirituality & meaning in our modern world.
Can TV & technology make people intellectually lazy & dumber ?.....It certainly can & does

s**t. See what you've done. Now I have to agree with you.
I'm worried what you may have in store next. :)

Very well said. :thumbsu:

s**t. See what you've done. Now I have to agree with you.
I'm worried what you may have in store next. :)

Very well said. :thumbsu:

Hows about this doozie then Harks.

Coming to God is merely coming back to oneself.....One's authentic self, which exists beyond the social nexus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back