Religion Ask a Christian

(Log in to remove this ad.)

mikey127

Premiership Player
Feb 4, 2011
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Why do you stay in an organization which has some of the worst paedophiles in Australian history and has actively covered up paedophilia? Why do Christians support hateful people like Trump and Peter Dutton who favour white coloured people?
My denomination has taken church abuse very seriously and I'm not aware of any cover ups.

On the second point. I'm not a fan of Dutton or Trump. I have spoken to a lot of Christians in the USA and for them it wasn't that they liked trump, they saw him as less worse than Hillary.

Socrates2

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 11, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
My denomination has taken church abuse very seriously and I'm not aware of any cover ups.

On the second point. I'm not a fan of Dutton or Trump. I have spoken to a lot of Christians in the USA and for them it wasn't that they liked trump, they saw him as less worse than Hillary.
So your Christian friends in America would rather vote for a racist than Hilary Clinton? That says a lot imo.

mikey127

Premiership Player
Feb 4, 2011
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
So your Christian friends in America would rather vote for a racist than Hilary Clinton? That says a lot imo.
Maybe they don't share that opinion on Trump or think there are worse things about Hilary.

To be honest I don't have a great deal of interest in US politics.

On Australian politics I'll say that most Christians I have spoken to were ALP voters/preferences till in their eyes the ALP started to move away from Christian values in the last 6-8 years or so.

Socrates2

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 11, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Maybe they don't share that opinion on Trump or think there are worse things about Hilary.

To be honest I don't have a great deal of interest in US politics.

On Australian politics I'll say that most Christians I have spoken to were ALP voters/preferences till in their eyes the ALP started to move away from Christian values in the last 6-8 years or so.
What are christian values?

Top Bottom