Religion Ask a Christian - Continued in Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

My god could be imaginary....but you guys obsesss about him.

No-one is obsessing about God. What people are discussing is people's behaviour based on a belief that has no evidence behind it.

Homosexuals are so cool,can you explain why woman have a vagina and men have a penis?

The point of the argument which went way over your head is if God is omnipotent, why did he create homosexuals? I can explain why women have vaginas and men have penises (A good read is The Greatest Show on Earth by Richard Dawkins if you really need to know more). However your argument suggests the only reason people have sex is to procreate which a) we know is not the case and b) would be pretty bloody sad.

And sheep are stupid,why do people keep thinking these are intelligent animals?

Again you totally miss the point of the argument. In the Great Flood myth, God floods the world due to the behaviour of some naughty people. Why did God have to wipe out all life bar what got taken on the Ark? Why not just punish the naughty people? Why did all of the sheep (and indeed all of the other animals) have to suffer for the sins of man? While we're at it, isn't it interesting that the Noah story is pretty much the same story as recited in the Epic of Gilgamesh which was written approximately 900 years before the Old Testament.

No-one is obsessing about God. What people are discussing is people's behaviour based on a belief that has no evidence behind it.

The point of the argument which went way over your head is if God is omnipotent, why did he create homosexuals? I can explain why women have vaginas and men have penises (A good read is The Greatest Show on Earth by Richard Dawkins if you really need to know more). However your argument suggests the only reason people have sex is to procreate which a) we know is not the case and b) would be pretty bloody sad.

Again you totally miss the point of the argument. In the Great Flood myth, God floods the world due to the behaviour of some naughty people. Why did God have to wipe out all life bar what got taken on the Ark? Why not just punish the naughty people? Why did all of the sheep (and indeed all of the other animals) have to suffer for the sins of man? While we're at it, isn't it interesting that the Noah story is pretty much the same story as recited in the Epic of Gilgamesh which was written approximately 900 years before the Old Testament.

It's like there were two versions of me posting on here.

Also lets not forget about Atrahasis and Ziusudra, whose stories also pre-date the clearly fictional Noah, and are eerily similar. You might even suggest that one of these stories were plagiarized.

Last edited:
Living In Frankston I guess all kinds of freaks exist?
If I lived in Frankston I guess I might be obsessed with hatred too..
I’m sure you jerk off to selfies of you jerking off to selfies.👍

I don't know you that well, but 99% of the posts I've seen from you are foaming at the mouth rants about hating vegans, and the other 1% is here ragging on gays. I'd say you've got enough hatred in you already.
I know that already adds up to 100% but he takes it even further than that. He regularly boasts about the excitement he feels from killing animals and he trolls the other boards forcing his flat earth conspiracy theories on people. Then he follows posters around the forums thumbs downing them for months if they disagree with them. This bloke isn't right

I know that already adds up to 100% but he takes it even further than that. He regularly boasts about the excitement he feels from killing animals and he trolls the other boards forcing his flat earth conspiracy theories on people. Then he follows posters around the forums thumbs downing them for months if they disagree with them. This bloke isn't right
He sounds like my type.

Where does he usually post?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also lets not forget about Atrahasis and Ziusudra, whose stories also pre-date the clearly fictional Noah, and are eerily similar. You might even suggest that one of these stories were plagiarized.

Yep. Not only the story of Noah. And not surprisingly since Genesis appears to have been written about the time of the Babylonian exile when the Mesopotamian source material would have been easy to access.

The Genesis genealogies post Adam and post Noah are based heavily on old Sumerian king lists and have a fair bit of invention thrown in for good measure. The invention of exalted ancestors for a particular individual or a particular family is very common. The Anglo-Saxon kings for example invented genealogies stretching back to the god Wodan.

The Biblical Adam very probably comes in part from Alulim (king of Eridu), the first king in the Sumerian King List. He ruled for 28,800 years.

The Sumerian tale of Emesh and Enten reflects the later story found in the Bible of Cain and Abel.

Enmunderana appears to be the forerunner of the Biblical Enoch. In Enoch's case, both Enoch and Enmunderana are the seventh name in a list of patriarchs with long lifespans. Enmendurana is associated with Sippar (which was associated with sun worship) while Enoch's lifespan in the Bible is 365 years which is parallel to the number of days in a solar year.

The development of the story of Noah in Genesis goes something like this

2700 BC: Calculated time of the figure of Gilgamesh as per dating of walls of Uruk.
2100 BC: Apparent origin of the oldest Gilgamesh epic (Akkadian, AKA Old Babylonian). Alludes to the Flood.
Before Hammurabi (~1700 BC): Apparent time period of Atrahasis story
1830 BC: Oldest Estimated age of CBM 13532 - also sometimes called the 'Nippur Flood Tablet'
1600 BC: Apparent origin of the oldest copy of the Atrahasis story (bit likely to have ben assembled 1800 - 1700 BC
1400 BC: Standard Babylonian version including all 12 tablets. Flood story complete as copy of Atrahasis.
1170 BC: Youngest Estimated age of CBM 13532
668-626 BC: Assurbanipal finds and stores the oldest preserved copy of the Epic of Gilgamesh in his library. Rediscovered in 1849

The approximate time of the writing / assembling of the Book of Genesis was between 600-300 BC.

Last edited:
Yep. Not only the story of Noah. And not surprisingly since Genesis appears to have been written about the time of the Babylonian exile when the Mesopotamian source material would have been easy to access.

The Genesis genealogies post Adam and post Noah are based heavily on old Sumerian king lists and have a fair bit of invention thrown in for good measure. The invention of exalted ancestors for a particular individual or a particular family is very common. The Anglo-Saxon kings for example invented genealogies stretching back to the god Wodan.

The Biblical Adam very probably comes in part from Alulim (king of Eridu), the first king in the Sumerian King List. He ruled for 28,800 years.

The Sumerian tale of Emesh and Enten reflects the later story found in the Bible of Cain and Abel.

Enmunderana appears to be the forerunner of the Biblical Enoch. In Enoch's case, both Enoch and Enmunderana are the seventh name in a list of patriarchs with long lifespans. Enmendurana is associated with Sippar (which was associated with sun worship) while Enoch's lifespan in the Bible is 365 years which is parallel to the number of days in a solar year.

The development of the story of Noah in Genesis goes something like this

2700 BC: Calculated time of the figure of Gilgamesh as per dating of walls of Uruk.
2100 BC: Apparent origin of the oldest Gilgamesh epic (Akkadian, AKA Old Babylonian). Alludes to the Flood.
Before Hammurabi (~1700 BC): Apparent time period of Atrahasis story
1830 BC: Oldest Estimated age of CBM 13532 - also sometimes called the 'Nippur Flood Tablet'
1600 BC: Apparent origin of the oldest copy of the Atrahasis story (bit likely to have ben assembled 1800 - 1700 BC
1400 BC: Standard Babylonian version including all 12 tablets. Flood story complete as copy of Atrahasis.
1170 BC: Youngest Estimated age of CBM 13532
668-626 BC: Assurbanipal finds and stores the oldest preserved copy of the Epic of Gilgamesh in his library. Rediscovered in 1849

The approximate time of the writing / assembling of the Book of Genesis was between 600-300 BC.

You are a true font of knowledge here.

Homosexuals are so cool,can you explain why woman have a vagina and men have a penis?
God really stuffed up with the arse design.

I'm sure you jerk off to the god you hate while constantly obsessing about something you claim to not even believe in.
It’s not that I don’t believe, I know it doesn’t have the capacity to exist.
I don’t need to jerk off.

You're giving Yahweh too much credit there, let's not also forget - incest, pedophilia, infanticide, human sacrifice, kidnapping, animal sacrifice, and abortion (not that we are all against it, but Christians are, despite the fact their god clearly endorses it), etc.

You're giving Yahweh too much credit there, let's not also forget - incest, pedophilia, infanticide, human sacrifice, kidnapping, animal sacrifice, and abortion (not that we are all against it, but Christians are, despite the fact their god clearly endorses it), etc.
It’s not so much about the infanticide so much, but the way they went about it and celebrate it!
Psalm 137:9
******* glory be🖕

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back