Religion Ask a Christian - Continued in Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah priests and they like generally say "who are you to judge god?"

which is fair enough i guess but sending the death angel to kill babies is pretty hardcore

touche he didn't need to but it too seems a bit extreme
its like the question of why would an all powerful all loving God allow suffering? Now that kinda makes sense but we don't know the an all loving God doesn't have loving reasons for allowing suffering on earth.

its like the question of why would an all powerful all loving God allow suffering? Now that kinda makes sense but we don't know the an all loving God doesn't have loving reasons for allowing suffering on earth.

thats a good one too, yet the job and exodus stories have always struck me as specifically powerful and a bit scary

one more question - why was (is)The Book of Enoch not in bible

if science is the answer to religion, why has more people died under the name of science than religon?
There is a perception that science and religion are at loggerheads and all scientists are atheists. I disagree with this. Science is like any other industry. There are scientists who believe in God, Scientists who don't believe in God and scientists who aren't sure. I believe faith and science can co-exist

thats a good one too, yet the job and exodus stories have always struck me as specifically powerful and a bit scary

one more question - why was (is)The Book of Enoch not in bible
Because the Bible is God's word and its not regarded as being the word of God. That's not to so that many people don't regard it as historical and not to say that it hasn't been a part of people's journey to Christ.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What breed of Christian are you? I notice you said you arent Catholic or Anglican which puts you in a minority church of some description?

What breed of Christian are you? I notice you said you arent Catholic or Anglican which puts you in a minority church of some description?
Personally I don't refer to myself as any type of denomination. If it's a good church its a good church and you can probably find good and bad in just about all denominations. I currently attend a Presbyterian church but that's not to say if we moved to another town or city we would be attending a Presbyterian church there.

Personally I don't refer to myself as any type of denomination. If it's a good church its a good church and you can probably find good and bad in just about all denominations. I currently attend a Presbyterian church but that's not to say if we moved to another town or city we would be attending a Presbyterian church there.

Scottish?

I think it was covered earlier but

1. What difficulties do you go through identifying as christian in a pretty largely non-religious society in Australia?

2.Bit more personal. Whats your belief on creationism. some.of the bigger social issues like gay marrage (Comming from a background of another religion some of the older generation of my faily are still absolutely against it)

3. Thoughts on some of the "Christians" currently outspoken in government

4. Again a bit personal. one of the biggest (In my own opinion) the greatest and only good thing about religion is the teaching of helping others. Do you tend to help out in terms of the less fortunate? From donate the couple of extra cents i your wallet. Helping the church with larger scale things like maybe the classic sunday breakfast for the homeless ect. Do you feel that sometimes the classic church bashers sometimes overlook the imput into the community?

5. Fustraition you get when people post stuff like "If gods good why is there bad people" like he controls free will." When you've kind of opened yourself in a very civil discussion and you get thrown weird unarguable philosophical questions nobody knows.

I think it was covered earlier but

1. What difficulties do you go through identifying as christian in a pretty largely non-religious society in Australia?

2.Bit more personal. Whats your belief on creationism. some.of the bigger social issues like gay marrage (Comming from a background of another religion some of the older generation of my faily are still absolutely against it)

3. Thoughts on some of the "Christians" currently outspoken in government

4. Again a bit personal. one of the biggest (In my own opinion) the greatest and only good thing about religion is the teaching of helping others. Do you tend to help out in terms of the less fortunate? From donate the couple of extra cents i your wallet. Helping the church with larger scale things like maybe the classic sunday breakfast for the homeless ect. Do you feel that sometimes the classic church bashers sometimes overlook the imput into the community?

5. Fustraition you get when people post stuff like "If gods good why is there bad people" like he controls free will." When you've kind of opened yourself in a very civil discussion and you get thrown weird unarguable philosophical questions nobody knows.
1. I have experienced some hostility to my faith in the workplace but at the same time there have also been people that despite not being Christians are very respectful and accepting.

2. I definitely believe God created the earth absolutely. Yes I too believe marriage is between a man and a woman but what I would say about the whole debate is the irony is that it is a debate about lve and neither side is being loving towards the otherside. My aittude is we disagree but we love you.

3. I think its democracy at work, there are outspoken Christians in parliament and there are outspoken politicans who are very anti Christian.

4. Yes I do the Church needs to be a part of the community and yes some Christians overlook this and that is where pastors/ministers need to encourage this but at the some time not go to the other extreme and do social justice.

5. I wouldn't call it frustration I think they are interesting discussions to have.

What I will say is that since coming to faith I see life as a temporary assignment and our eternity is in heaven.

Do you believe that there exists an other world, one more important than this one? If so what has caused you to come to this conclusion?

On wars when Christians are involved in starting conflict they are not obeying Christ they are actually disobeying him and by their behaviour show that they haven't a clue what Christianity is about.
but as my identity is in Christ very happy to label myself a Christian.
it hasn't been a part of people's journey to Christ.

You seem to be implying in these posts that Christ has a physical presence among us. Have you not heard about his death?

Noah was saved from the calamity but not saved from sin

I've never understood the sin aspect. Would like your aspect on it?
Its just a plain control mechanism through fear and guilt.
The notion of a perfect being punishing imperfect creations for being imperfect is ridiculous.

Was brought up from a typical Irish catholic heritage so was immersed in it...but eventually drifted away bc of this sin angle and that we all born into sin, which basically for mine was the churches way of corrupting any real spiritual pursuit and putting themselves between people and any God/ creator which enabled them to control the masses.
Maybe that and the passing around of the collection plate during what was supposed to be considered the most important part of the mass.... I just thought this is utterly inappropriate and rubbish. If there is a God this religion thing isn't representative of it/him/her/energy/ universe etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back