Religion Ask a Christian - Continued in Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you believe that there exists an other world, one more important than this one? If so what has caused you to come to this conclusion?

You seem to be implying in these posts that Christ has a physical presence among us. Have you not heard about his death?
On your first point I'm not sure other than that I obviously believe in Heaven.

Second point yes and I am also aware of his resurrection.

I've never understood the sin aspect. Would like your aspect on it?
Its just a plain control mechanism through fear and guilt.
The notion of a perfect being punishing imperfect creations for being imperfect is ridiculous.

Was brought up from a typical Irish catholic heritage so was immersed in it...but eventually drifted away bc of this sin angle and that we all born into sin, which basically for mine was the churches way of corrupting any real spiritual pursuit and putting themselves between people and any God/ creator which enabled them to control the masses.
Maybe that and the passing around of the collection plate during what was supposed to be considered the most important part of the mass.... I just thought this is utterly inappropriate and rubbish. If there is a God this religion thing isn't representative of it/him/her/energy/ universe etc
We are all sinners but we are saved by God's grace.

On offerings I definitely thing some churches get it wrong. Our church will say 'during our last song the buckets will come around. That's for the regulars if they would like to give. If your new or visiting all we would like from you is your communication card'

Because of the crucial role they play in terms of welfare etc.
Not all their investment earnings are spent thus, I've no problem with their charitable arms still being tax exempt but those are multi million dollar, profit making organisations who contribute zero to the public coffers, and then justify it as you have attempted to.

In a way that comes back to the question of suffering I answered early. Also its because we are not listening to God.

Faith is clearly amazing.
Its also amazing how tautology works & the amazing ability of the human mind to create its own realities.
I guess its true that some people can be fooled all the time, most some of the time, but thankfully not all the people all the time.
I hope you can continue to enjoy your world.

Have a Merry Christmas.

Why are you all so insufferably difficult to eradicate?

I'm not here to ask a christian anything apart from the above or how my job of dismantling what I see as a heinous con job at best,or a deadly virus of the mind/body at worst.,
I left spirit out because,well,that is a load of ol' bollocks.
The "soul" does not exist.
I know this,because I have died on two separate occasions,the first for several minutes.
Some of you might figure that the lack of oxygen to my brain in this time answers several questions you may have had about my posting.
I can assure you that it has definitely heightened my disdain for organised religion and those that push its views from books written by bronze aged middle eastern men for bronze aged middle eastern men.
As a christian,you are my sworn enemy,I will be at times polite,but know this nazarene idoliser,your beliefs are the target for my wrecking ball.
We were once outnumbered,burnt at the stake,removed from our heads,had our wives and children gutted,raped and sold into sexual slavery and bondage.
But know this my superstitious little friend your numbers are dwindling.
We have not forgotten and that target I spoke of earlier only increases upon your heads as our numbers begin to exceed yours.
So in other words,there is nothing that you can offer me from a christian point of view that doesn't make me slightly vomit in my mouth.
I detest your belief system and will teach my children to rail against your kind as well.
The sons of abraham have a finite time left and the sooner we rid you from our beautiful little blue planet the better it will be for all humanity.
Merry winter/summer solstice and gift giving day to you and don't feel any need to reply because I will only mock and denigrate you,hopefully within the rules of engagement as far as BF goes.
Safe travels and all that!
:)

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Because your life would have no meaning if that happened!
I can assure you that,as a father of two incredibly gifted children and a husband to an immensely satisfying and intelligent wife,your words are empty vessels floating on a turbulent sea.

Do you ever look at a public figure who professes to be a Christian and think "your beliefs and actions, which you claim to be motivated by faith, are so far removed from mine that there's no way you should call yourself a Christian"?

This has always puzzled me. Right wing politicians legislating brutal policies on the poor and dispossessed that would be anathema to any sandal wearing hippie, let alone the supposed jesus. But people will vote for him because "he's a good Christian".

How do you account for the broad range and beliefs and actions of people who are all supposed to belong to the same group with a fairly narrow set of approved beliefs and actions?

Do you ever look at a public figure who professes to be a Christian and think "your beliefs and actions, which you claim to be motivated by faith, are so far removed from mine that there's no way you should call yourself a Christian"?

This has always puzzled me. Right wing politicians legislating brutal policies on the poor and dispossessed that would be anathema to any sandal wearing hippie, let alone the supposed jesus. But people will vote for him because "he's a good Christian".

How do you account for the broad range and beliefs and actions of people who are all supposed to belong to the same group with a fairly narrow set of approved beliefs and actions?

Well done on adumbrating the Ethics of Christ in the face of hypocrisy.....Here's the relevant parable.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parable_of_the_Good_Samaritan

I wasn't asking you.

Anyway, shouldn't you be busy trying to find a YouTube video that explains today's terror raids in the context of the Obama/Clinton/Mossad/CIA/paedophile pizza parlour/faked moon landings/reptile space aliens complex?

Quaintly amusing....That's a new high for you.

Well done on adumbrating the Ethics of Christ in the face of hypocrisy.....Here's the relevant parable.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parable_of_the_Good_Samaritan
What happens if one believes that the christ or nazarene was a manifestation of the Emperor Constantine,like the true history books show,as their is no empirical or historical evidence for such a person living in the times of Jerusalem or surrounding areas?
It's hard to believe when fact is swept away by bearded gown wearing shiesters.

What happens if one believes that the Christ or Nazarene was a manifestation of the Emperor Constantine,like the true history books show,as their is no empirical or historical evidence for such a person living in the times of Jerusalem or surrounding areas?
It's hard to believe when fact is swept away by bearded gown wearing shiesters.

Shysters.

I can assure you that,as a father of two incredibly gifted children and a husband to an immensely satisfying and intelligent wife,your words are empty vessels floating on a turbulent sea.
I love a poster who thinks he is better than others. It usually means they are dumb as dog s**t.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back