Religion Ask a Christian - Continued in Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Christians are essentially supremacists, they believe they are superior to everyone else based on their faith, and everyone else are just lesser. They believe the world revolves around them and they are the chosen ones (kinda like white supremacists)

So no surprises that they think they are the only ones capable of certain things, because in their minds, they are the best.

They are basically self-centred narcissists, who loves a bit of authoritarianism if they are in charge

Bingo! i would say Abrahamics instead of Christians, Muslims aren't any different to the Christians in this thread. They think Mohammed split the moon, they think Mohammed heard from god, they also think they are the only ones going to heaven by following the path of Allah.

Bingo! i would say Abrahamics instead of Christians, Muslims aren't any different to the Christians in this thread. They think Mohammed split the moon, they think Mohammed heard from god, they also think they are the only ones going to heaven by following the path of Allah.

Yep, you can file both Christianity and Islam as religious supremacists, they both believe they are followers of the one true god and everyone else are sinners or infidels that either need to be converted or punished. That's why they're dangerous and they fight all the time. They are also responsible for a lot of the most screwed up authoritarian regimes in history

There's nothing nice about these people

Take heart in the fact that we don't treat you in the manner your lot has treated us.

Also, let's explore this a bit more. Do you also think that only christians are capable of familial love?
What is familial love?
Love of families?

You lot are a daily reminder of the truth about Christ's and Paul's warnings.

There is nothing to be proud about plagiarism. Paul was an absolute nutter who wrote some crazy s**t over times. Even many Christians struggle to defend him. Dont worry about us, we are better off in hell if you lot are off to heaven.

There is nothing to be proud about plagiarism. Paul was an absolute nutter who wrote some crazy sh*t over times. Even many Christians struggle to defend him. Dont worry about us, we are better off in hell if you lot are off to heaven.
Paul is the antithesis of you lot. We Understand your disapproval.

Quality reply, as usual, you cherry pick your verses. Maybe that explains why Bible has no female prophets? didn't realise 'pen1s" is required to be prophet. Such a backward stone age cult.
I am not a literalist.
You need to understand the times and contexts of when the letters were written to the various churches Paul was writing to.
Glad you appreciate Mr. Zimmerman.

I am not a literalist.
You need to understand the times and contexts of when the letters were written to the various churches Paul was writing to.
Glad you appreciate Mr. Zimmerman.

Cool, so tell us the context of asking women not to speak over men? or in what context does the book of god ended up having no female prophets?

Not much different to what muslims say about mohammed, 12 wives and a child wife, times you know! well hardly a reason to call him 'perfect' or a man of god. Well so did King arthur, but we don't worship him as god or the perfect man ever. Both The cults operate in a similar fashion.

Why we are on it, is homoseuxality a sin? i know, 'the times' right? so time to abandon those 'times' and 'pearls of wisdom' and get on with the reality of times in 2020? right? cool, atleast you are learning then!

Deflection deflection, you are David Warner in England.

Last edited:
Paul is the antithesis of you lot.

Quite pleased about that. Paul doesn't seem that admirable. He appears to be a vacillating, delusional, duplicitous, exaggerator if not an outright liar. Some of his claims appear to be pure invention such as that he had direct voice communications with Jesus, as well as an having an extraordinary "ascent" into the highest level of heaven, entering Paradise, where he saw and heard "things unutterable".

Not that fond of some of his attitudes such as those towards women either.

He also described himself as proud, zealous and observant Jew. Interestingly Paul also seems to be completely unaware of a recent, historical Jesus. He makes no mention of Jesus' Galilean ministry, or that he was accompanied by twelve disciples.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Quite pleased about that. Paul doesn't seem that admirable. He appears to be a vacillating, delusional, duplicitous, exaggerator if not an outright liar. Some of his claims appear to be pure invention such as that he had direct voice communications with Jesus, as well as an having an extraordinary "ascent" into the highest level of heaven, entering Paradise, where he saw and heard "things unutterable".

Not that fond of some of his attitudes such as those towards women either.

He also described himself as proud, zealous and observant Jew. Interestingly Paul also seems to be completely unaware of a recent, historical Jesus. He makes no mention of Jesus' Galilean ministry, or that he was accompanied by twelve disciples.

Scholars have argued that Paul had temporal lobe epilepsy. What are your views on that? My opinion, Paul was lying. How long is a vision or a dream? He indicates that it is brief. However, multiple times he's able to settle issues in the early church very elaborately such as the issue with the Eucharist. How likely is it in a short vision that was discussed by Jesus? Not very likely.

Scholars have argued that Paul had temporal lobe epilepsy. What are your views on that? My opinion, Paul was lying. How long is a vision or a dream? He indicates that it is brief. However, multiple times he's able to settle issues in the early church very elaborately such as the issue with the Eucharist. How likely is it in a short vision that was discussed by Jesus? Not very likely.

Very possible.

In Ireland, epilepsy was known as 'Saint Paul's disease'.

Certainly the desrciption reported in the Acts of the Apostles in the New Testament (Acts 9, 3-9), in which Paul, or Saul as he was known before his conversion to Christianity, is reported to have a fit similar to an epileptic seizure on the road to Damascus: "...suddenly a light from the sky flashed around him. He fell to the ground and heard a voice saying to him: ''Saul, Saul! Why do you persecute me?''...Saul got up from the ground and opened his eyes, but he could not see a thing... For three days he was not able to see, and during that time he did not eat or drink anything."

In his letters St Paul occasionally gives hints about his 'physical ailment', by which he might mean a chronic illness. In the second letter to the Corinthians, for instance, he states: 'But to keep me from being puffed up with pride... I was given a painful physical ailment, which acts as Satan's messenger to beat me and keep me from being proud.' (2 Corinthians, 12,7). In his letter to the Galatians, Paul again describes his physical weakness: 'You remember why I preached the gospel to you the first time; it was because I was ill. But even though my physical condition was a great trial to you, you did not despise or reject me.'

Multiple references to epilepsy can be found in the ancient texts of all civilizations, most importantly in the ancient Greek medical texts of the Hippocratic collection. Epilepsy, meant “to seize” or “to attack”, because the Greeks thought it was caused by an attack from a demon or god. The popular ancient belief that epilepsy was contagious, when people used to spit at a person with thecondition and refused to use the same dish. That would explain Paul's vaguness.

Yep, you can file both Christianity and Islam as religious supremacists, they both believe they are followers of the one true god and everyone else are sinners or infidels that either need to be converted or punished. That's why they're dangerous and they fight all the time. They are also responsible for a lot of the most screwed up authoritarian regimes in history

There's nothing nice about these people
Don’t leave the Jews out of the conversation......

Cool, so tell us the context of asking women not to speak over men? or in what context does the book of god ended up having no female prophets?

Not much different to what muslims say about mohammed, 12 wives and a child wife, times you know! well hardly a reason to call him 'perfect' or a man of god. Well so did King arthur, but we don't worship him as god or the perfect man ever. Both The cults operate in a similar fashion.

Why we are on it, is homoseuxality a sin? i know, 'the times' right? so time to abandon those 'times' and 'pearls of wisdom' and get on with the reality of times in 2020? right? cool, atleast you are learning then!

Deflection deflection, you are David Warner in England.
Was Paul or Saul a real person, and was he a convert to Christianity?
Don't worry about his fallibility if he did not exist.
And if your concerns are for us believers that we should follow such a man or respect his writings- how altruistic of you- don't worry about that.
Talk about cherry-picking the Bible verses, your issues about Paul are so overwhelmed by the numerous excellent messages he has left for us believers.

Was Paul or Saul a real person, and was he a convert to Christianity?
Don't worry about his fallibility if he did not exist.
And if your concerns are for us believers that we should follow such a man or respect his writings- how altruistic of you- don't worry about that.
Talk about cherry-picking the Bible verses, your issues about Paul are so overwhelmed by the numerous excellent messages he has left for us believers.

Yet again you refused to answer my question. Paul was a real person, people wrote about him, seen him and he has mentioned other texts during that time (unlike Jesus).

Paul taught all kinds of things not found in Jesus' gospel teachings and in fact several things apparently opposed to it.

As an example, when Jesus was asked by someone how to have eternal life he was told by Jesus to "keep the commandments". He is a con man (or had epilepsy) and the best door to door salesman in history.

Now can you answer my question posted above for a change?

Yet again you refused to answer my question. Paul was a real person, people wrote about him, seen him and he has mentioned other texts during that time (unlike Jesus).

Paul taught all kinds of things not found in Jesus' gospel teachings and in fact several things apparently opposed to it.

As an example, when Jesus was asked by someone how to have eternal life he was told by Jesus to "keep the commandments". He is a con man (or had epilepsy) and the best door to door salesman in history.

Now can you answer my question posted above for a change?
Do you believe Paul had a genuine conversion experience to become one of history's most influential Born Again Christians?

Do you believe Paul had a genuine conversion experience to become one of history's most influential Born Again Christians?
In 1 Corinthians 9, Paul continually repeats over and over that he is telling the truth (trying to convince the audience). The Paul conversion in Acts was a ripoff of a story in 2 Maccabees. http://www.robertmprice.mindvendor.com/art_legend_paul_conv.htm

As i said most things in bible are copied from something else. Very little that is actually original.

In 1 Corinthians 9, Paul continually repeats over and over that he is telling the truth (trying to convince the audience). The Paul conversion in Acts was a ripoff of a story in 2 Maccabees. http://www.robertmprice.mindvendor.com/art_legend_paul_conv.htm

As i said most things in bible are copied from something else.
So you said.
I hope you discover the truth in your reading over the future you have left. As you said to me several times. At present, you reflect nothing more than glorified conspiracy theories. I do not need approval of other humans' opinions or knowledge regarding faith issues like you lot do

So you said.
I hope you discover the truth in your reading over the future you have left. As you said to me several times. At present, you reflect nothing more than glorified conspiracy theories. I do not need approval of other humans' opinions or knowledge regarding faith issues like you lot do

I have presented evidence, these things/people existed BEFORE the bible was written. The true definition of indoctrination is when you are blind to evidence. To me that's what makes people like you dangerous. You have almost offered no counter arguments outside of "you are a liar/CT".

I am ex-Christian and i am not proud of my past, the reason christianity is on a massive slide is cause more and more people are discovering the con that your reigion is.

What you believe is your business, however this thread is called "Ask a Christian" and every time i ask you a question about "why" you believe such a thing, you almost never answer it. Look dude, its you wish if you wish to believe in Jesus or Allah or it's your wish if you believe that heaven awaits you, but for the rest of us, if you are participating in this thread, questions will be asked of your religion, which is nothing but plagiarized from other religions/folklore.

If this annoys you, get a thicker skin or don't participate in this thread, looks like you are on the verge of exploding with your inability to answer our questions! like your mate BT yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back