Religion Ask a Christian - Continued in Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
From one man he made all the nations, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and he marked out their appointed times in history and the boundaries of their lands.

One man is Adam.

That does not explain the wanderers that would kill Cain or cains wife found in Genesis. So I disagree based on scripture.

Last edited:

Not to sound condescending but I always thought the crowd of mockers here were dull, depressing, and uninspiring. You may disagree and say your life is all peachy and you're happy in life but the way you look at and live life itself (your mentality) doesn't agree.

In fact your mentality is the opposite to people who've made significant impact in this world.

Was it human ego when Nelson Mandela found purpose which saw him spend a good chunk of his life in prison?

You're not participating in anything of substance, that's the sad reality. You may be participating in living to your death but that's about it. You've removed the one thing that gives us humans drive to excel, "purpose", and downplayed it to the point that you've probably bought what you're selling.
Well that post really takes the cake.

"Not to sound condescending"

Well you blew that didn't you.

"You may disagree and say your life is all peachy and you're happy in life but the way you look at and live life itself (your mentality) doesn't agree."

You know precisely zero about my life you sanctimonious goose.

"Was it human ego when Nelson Mandela found purpose which saw him spend a good chunk of his life in prison?"

Nelson Mandela was driven by an insatiable urge to see justice and equality on earth for his fellow South Africans, not for some entirely unsubstantiated enticement of life after death.

"You're not participating in anything of substance, that's the sad reality."

Well then, I must have imagined my love for my family, my wonderfully fulfilling work in a creative field, my love of nature, my care for my fellow humans and for the fragile environment that we are the trustees of.

"You may be participating in living to your death but that's about it."

I imagine like most religious believers, you have no trouble accepting the fact that you didn't exist before you were born on earth. Why do you have so much trouble accepting that you'll again cease to exist as soon as your life on earth has come to a close? What's so special about human life on earth that you've convinced yourself that it overrides the laws of the universe?

Only once we accept that life is an infinitesimally small interlude between two endless periods of oblivion can we begin to start truly living. Life is short. Don't waste a second of it.

That does not explain the wanderers that would kill Cain or cains wife found in Genesis. So I disagree based on scripture.

We've gone through this. That lockdown hasn't improved your comprehension skills.

Cain's wife was his sister or niece. Your "Christian brothers" at answersingenesis.com have explained it. Your "Christian brothers" disagree with you.

And what wanderers? Is this new? Who are they?

Last edited:
"Ultimately, faith is a choice.
Faith is wishful thinking dressed up as something of actual substance.

One can choose to believe that nothing exists beyond the material realm, that the universe originated purely through physical processes that reflect nothing more than the articulation of the most basic properties of matter and energy — without cause, value or purpose.
Yep, quite fine with that. Human life on earth is its own cause, value and purpose.

Or one can view the universe itself as an animating spirit that binds together the souls of you and me and everyone else — perhaps everything else — that is or was or has ever been"
That's little different to what I'm saying.

We've gone through this. That lockdown hasn't improved your comprehension skills.

Cain's wife was his sister or niece. Your "Christian brothers" at answersingenesis.com have explained it. Your "Christian brothers" disagree with you.

And what wanderers? Is this new? Who are they?

I have explained this with scripture and you don’t believe either of us anyway. So what is your point? What is your purpose? Why do you engage in talk about the Bible when you believe in orchids?

Why not spend your time with like minded people in science or gardening so you can go look for the common ancestor you talk about. In general what is your malfunction?

I have explained this with scripture and you don’t believe either of us anyway.

Your Christian brothers" dispute your "explanation of scripture."

So what is your point? What is your purpose?

No such person as Adam. Scripture is not history or truth. Scripture is invention.

Why do you engage in talk about the Bible when you believe in orchids?

I have some nice orchids in my garden. But your poor comprehension skills are on show again. As you struggle to understand basic concepts, even with pictures of orchids to help you, I really can't rely on you to understand or comprehend basic scripture verses referring to Adam. You still get it wrong.

And I bow to His Noodliness only. His Word may be found here. This Word is all the proof you need of the divinity of the FSM. The invisible and undetectable Flying Spaghetti Monster created the universe. And orchids.

41sjzA4AA6L._SX321_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Why not spend your time with like minded people in science or gardening so you can go look for the common ancestor you talk about. In general what is your malfunction?

I'm all about education. But it's difficult to educate you when we have to battle against your basic comprehension skills as well. But, never fear, we'll keep trying to force back the darkness of ignorance and superstition for you.

Your Christian brothers" dispute your "explanation of scripture."

No such person as Adam. Scripture is not history or truth. Scripture is invention.

I have some nice orchids in my garden. But your poor comprehension skills are on show again. As you struggle to understand basic concepts even with pictures of orchids to help you, I reslly cant rely on you to understand or comperehend basic scripture verses, referring to Adam.

And I bow to His Noodliness. His Word may be found here. This Word is all the proof you need of the divinity of the FSM. The invisible and undetectable Flying Spaghetti Monster created the universe. And orchids.

I'm all about education. But it's difficult to educate you when we have to battle against your basic comprehension skills as well. But, never fear, we'll keep trying to force back the darkness of ignorance and superstition for you.

So you have no purpose or any interest in a worthwhile pursuit accept to talk about things you have no belief in.

Do you have a girlfriend?

Are you alone? I worry for you?

R U OK?

So you have no purpose or any interest in a worthwhile pursuit accept to talk about things you have no belief in.

Education is a worthwhile pursuit. Never fear, we'll keep trying to force back the darkness of ignorance and superstition for you. It's a difficult task sometimes - some more than others - but we'll keep persevering.

Are you alone? I worry for you?

This is all I need.

Remember this book is all the proof you need of the divinity of the FSM. The FSM will comfort and guide you. As he does me because the invisible and undetectable Flying Spaghetti Monster created the universe. And eveything in it. You. Me.

Orchids too.

Education is a worthwhile pursuit. Never fear, we'll keep trying to force back the darkness of ignorance and superstition for you. It's a difficult task sometimes - some more than others - but we'll keep persevering.

This is all I need.

Remember this book is all the proof you need of the divinity of the FSM. He will comfort and guide you. As he does me because the invisible and undetectable Flying Spaghetti Monster created the universe. And eveything in it. You. Me.

Orchids too.

i understand that’s what you believe.

I am seriously asking R U Ok?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sounds like you might be ok; I’m here for you.

You just work on improving those comprehension skills in lockdown and everything will be Ok. You will see the light that will force back the darkness of ignorance and superstition that consumes you.

you got nothing to add to this thread, the reason why i chose not to reply to you. If you got nothing to add on subject, please feel free to take a leave.

What are you thoughts on the Flying Spaghetti Monster?

Is that what this thread is about?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back