Religion Ask a Christian - Continued in Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

But the important big picture that continuously escapes recognition here and everywhere is the person of Jesus Christ, and what He means to this world, ant to mankind. That is who we aim to spend eternity with.

The Jesus of the Gospels is little more than a literary, theological construct, likely wrapped around a kernel of a minor historical figure (or minor historical figures), whose earthly remains lie mouldering somewhere under the city of Jerusalem. As such he means little to me and I certainly will not (and have no desire to) be spending eternity with him.

Neither will anyone else.

The Jesus of the Gospels is little more than a literary, theological construct, likely wrapped around a kernel of a minor historical figure (or minor historical figures), whose earthly remains lie mouldering somewhere under the city of Jerusalem. As such he means little to me and I certainly will not (and have no desire to) be spending eternity with him.

You are wasting your time, they are not interested in history, science etc.

I'm happy for you to speak for yourself, but billions will and desire to.

I'm happy for you to speak for yourself, but billions will and desire to.

Billions also don't know how Genesis is copied from somewhere else. Billions also don't know the book of Revelation also been copied from somewhere else. Christianity falls apart when you realise the creation story has been nothing but plagiarism. Without Genesis there is no Original Sin.

Ignorance by billions is supposed to prove something?

Billions also don't know how Genesis is copied from somewhere else. Billions also don't know the book of Revelation also been copied from somewhere else. Christianity falls apart when you realise the creation story has been nothing but plagiarism. Without Genesis there is no Original Sin.

Your belief in these assertions is noble, but clearly has no impact on believers who by faith, have a living day by day relationship with Jesus.
That stumbling block continues to be an issue, but we have a bond, no doubt.

Your belief in these assertions is noble, but clearly has no impact on believers who by faith, have a living day by day relationship with Jesus.
That stumbling block continues to be an issue, but we have a bond, no doubt.

What am i asserting? what beliefs? the myth of Gilgamesh came BEFORE Genesis. Genesis is the exact copy of that. And it's not just Gilgamesh, many other myths existed before Gilgamesh which were exactly alike. I am not going to convince you, i know that, why not judge by yourself and for once try to look at rhe evidence first? Stupidity can never be my stumbling block, even Christians scholars accept what i am saying above.

Your argument is billions are stupid, then so should you, says it all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What am i asserting? what beliefs? the myth of Gilgamesh came BEFORE Genesis. Genesis is the exact copy of that. And it's not just Gilgamesh, many other myths existed before Gilgamesh which were exactly alike. I am not going to convince you, i know that, why not judge by yourself and for once try to look at rhe evidence first? Stupidity can never be my stumbling block, even Christians scholars accept what i am saying above.
At least you agree that Christian Scholars is not oxymoronic...

That is who we aim to spend eternity with.
You spent the eternity before you were born in oblivion, so I dare say you’ll spend the eternity after you die the same way.

I’m sure you have no problems accepting that before you were born, you didn’t exist.

What is so special about life on earth that you think it then exempts us from returning to that oblivion?

Out of curiosity from where?

Out of curiosity from where?

Genesis 1 was taken from the Sumerian Namma myth. the Sumerian story Enki and Ninhursag was the source of that fabricated Genesis myth

Epic of Gilgamesh came later, which tells the exact same story.

Noah was plagiarized from the Sumerian Utnapishtim - fairly common knowledge.

The Legend of Sargon the Great they fabricate part of the Moses story. Sargon s birth story that his mother had a secret pregnancy and could not keep him so she tugged him in a basket safely and he floated down the Euphrates river where a gardner of the king finds him.

The entire **** is a fraud, but they needed a saviour then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back