Religion Ask a Christian - Continued in Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess this comes from the fact that you don't know many people who actually attend church regularly. This is something you have just convinced yourself is the truth.

You guess, well I see you do a lot of that, unsuccessful again. Sorry.
All most all my family and in law are believers.
They dragged me there for years, and guess what, I lost my faith based on reading the thing from cover to cover and the other gospels not included in the big book of multiple chose.

Read it seriously. You know bits are forged right? That just because it said the Gospel of Luke, doesn't mean the apostle Luke wrote it.
If you ask an honest priest (yea I know that probably impossible) he will say, it's church tradition.
No reputable biblical scholar will tell you they know who wrote it.

Your beliefs are based on hearsay from 2000 years ago.

Oh Dear .. so if you had to guess. I think all you are doing on this subject is guessing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yes I am honest and that is my honest reply.
I didn't have to make up a story.
If you know, can you lean me your time machine.

They haven't smashed my claims at all. I have just not kept an eye on this thread because of time constraints and also because despite me asking repeatedly for it to occur somewhere else the thread has turned into another debate between Christians and Atheists which was never the point of the thread.

As for re-considering my faith show me the bones of jesus and I walk away. Simple

OK
upload_2017-2-13_22-36-42.png

I think Procrastinator35 you have enormous potential to be a flat-earther :D You should hold cannot's hands and come over to the dark side. You dont believe in science anyway so whats stopping you?

I'm afraid if I go over there to visit, I'll fall off the edge.;)

Well I think your are old enough to be told the truth.

Remember that screech of tyres and then the dull thud.
Then you couldn't find Timmy the wonder dog, and we told you we sent him to a farm.
The farm is big with lots of room for him to run and with rabbits to chase and Blind kids live there who need a good dog.
So we had to send Timmy. He would be so happy and who could say no to the blind kids?
Well that story is not completely true.

Remember when we told you that after Jesus died, that he was resurrected, and we send him
to the farm with Timmy the wonder dog and the blind kids.
Well that story is not completely true either.

You guess, well I see you do a lot of that, unsuccessful again. Sorry.
All most all my family and in law are believers.
They dragged me there for years, and guess what, I lost my faith based on reading the thing from cover to cover and the other gospels not included in the big book of multiple chose.

Read it seriously. You know bits are forged right? That just because it said the Gospel of Luke, doesn't mean the apostle Luke wrote it.
If you ask an honest priest (yea I know that probably impossible) he will say, it's church tradition.
No reputable biblical scholar will tell you they know who wrote it.

Your beliefs are based on hearsay from 2000 years ago.
I know people like you. I meet them from time to time; sometimes in church, sometimes in the workplace, or sometimes at the footy.
I usually just move on and let them be.

dunno, but he made the Claw of Archimedes

220px-Parigi_griffe.jpg

which is probably the coolest thing of all time

for once we agree

Well judging by the fact that the god fearaers are unable to type a sentence without mentioning hitchens or the dawk.... kinda hilarous when you come to think of it ;) .Must have pissed loads of them off :D

Tsk tsk don't you know they've brainwashed us all what with their logic, reason and sound arguments. Complete and utter brainwashing a tells ya!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi mikey127, just one more question:

Now that the bigfooty brains-trust have smashed your ridiculous claims (lol jesus exists because a couple of hundred people said they saw him :$:$), have you reconsidered your faith?

Thanks mate!
God what is wrong with that guy's voice... it sounds like nails on a chalkboard.

Can you summarise please?

Too long to summarise everything my friend, just persevere.

Essentially he points out all of the bullshit behind the myth stories within the Bible. All of them are stolen from other pagan beliefs or religious beliefs held in other neighboring regions at the time - all of them. The Bible myths are blatant forgeries.

I think Procrastinator35 you have enormous potential to be a flat-earther :D You should hold cannot's hands and come over to the dark side. You dont believe in science anyway so whats stopping you?

im looking at it from a scientific perspective, thats the worrying part

there is no point attempting to belittle someone in regard to something they dont beleive, bottom of barrel

Essentially he points out all of the bullshit behind the myth stories within the Bible. All of them are stolen from other pagan beliefs or religious beliefs held in other neighboring regions at the time - all of them. The Bible myths are blatant forgeries.
Absolutely. You can still see Pagan iconography in Christian illustrations today; (is that a halo behind Jesus or is it the sun?)

The bible is a collection of fables, laws, and general musings. Nothing more, nothing less.

This is very true, unfortunately.

Luke Hodge
Christopher Hitchens
Daniel Dennett
Richard Dawkins
Sam Harris
Matt Dillahunty
Bill Maher
Whoever is putting away Jessica Alba

Slim pickings after that lot.

Discernment is not your bag, clearly.

I make no apologies that I prefer sound reason, logic and understanding over lunacy, myths and fairytales.

If you don't, and obviously don't, then good luck to you.

LOL....Maher the corporate sell-out shill, Hitchens & Dawkins the non-religious evangelists....More research required....Much fail.

Hi mikey127, just one more question:

Now that the bigfooty brains-trust have smashed your ridiculous claims (lol jesus exists because a couple of hundred people said they saw him :$:$), have you reconsidered your faith?

Thanks mate!
God what is wrong with that guy's voice... it sounds like nails on a chalkboard.

Can you summarise please?

Basically wishes he was Jesus. Wanting to make the Old Testament Old and having a go at the Pharisees that kind of thing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

LOL....Maher the corporate sell-out shill, Hitchens & Dawkins the non-religious evangelists....More research required....Much fail.

Keep gobbling it up little fishy.

Carrier is another wise sage of our time. Spreading truth and knowledge wherever he goes.

Let's not forget everyone's favourite outspoken Atheist comedians - Gervais, Cleese and Carlin.

You can keep your Ted Haggard, Ken Ham and Ray Comforts.

At the end of the day reason, logic and knowledge > fantasy and fairytales. You've just chosen the wrong side is all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back