Religion Ask a Christian - Continued in Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's an interesting point tbh. Did Noah bring viruses onto the ark? Finding male and female pairs would have been tricky.
The cunning little forkers don‘t need them. Of course Noah couldn’t have known that. How he managed to find them at all with his primitive microscope is miracle. Miracle, I tell you!!

The cunning little forkers don‘t need them. Of course Noah couldn’t have known that. How he managed to find them at all with his primitive microscope is miracle. Miracle, I tell you!!
Noah was a smart campaigner.

He found a way to lure a male and female pair of kangaroos across the ocean and onto the ark before Australia was discovered.

Did humans live with dinosaurs?

If you click on that link, you'll see that the same fundamentalist Christian organisation who have been saying the world is 10,000 years old and Jesus rode on dinosaurs have now closed the creation museum and ark encounter because of a pesky little virus.

If believers can't see that god is a figment of their imagination now, they never will.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They have to lay hands on them to heal, I don't think they're game, in case they catch the sin

Unless their powers have evolved to a psychokinetic level and they can faith heal 3 metres away
In that case I hope Jesus doesn't catch it, they eat his body and drink his blood every weekend.

Why haven't faith healers started offering their services to help those infected with the virus?

This is going on in Baton Rouge, Louisiana

Posted: Mar 22, 2020 / 04:37 PM CDT / Updated: Mar 26, 2020 / 04:52 PM CDT

CENTRAL, La. (BRPROUD) — More than 1,800 people came together for Sunday service at Life Tabernacle Church, disregarding an order by Louisiana Gov. John Bel Edwards to limit the number of people at public gatherings in an effort to stop the spread of the novel coronavirus.

Life Tabernacle Church pastor Tony Spell told BRPROUD that the church is a staple in the community and cannot afford to close. “When the paramedics can’t get there, when the law enforcement can’t get there, the holy ghost can get there and it will make a difference in someone’s life,” said Spell.

Twenty-six buses were utilized for Sunday service on March 22. The vehicles provided transportation for people living across five parishes.

In text messages, Spell told BRPROUD that 1,825 people were in attendance and seven buildings across the church’s campus were utilized. Parishioners could be seen congregating in large groups, touching one another while in close contact. Only a few could be seen wearing masks or gloves. At the time of the service, Edwards had limited people to gathering in groups of no more than 50 while in public. Hours later, Edwards announced a “stay-at-home” order limiting the number of public gatherings to 10 people or less.

“I would urge that faith leader, and all others to heed this directive and not unnecessarily engage in mass gatherings where this coronavirus can spread,” Edwards said.

Spell told BRPROUD that he believes covid-19 can be cured through “the healing hand of Jesus.” When asked what would happen should one of his parishioners test positive for the coronavirus, Spell referred to a passage from the Bible. “If that is our command, they shall lay hands on the sick and they shall recover.”

Pastors must act as first responders, according to Spell. “I’m going to address that by laying hands on them and praying for them and depending on God to heal their body,” Spell said.

Nucking futs.

Why haven't faith healers started offering their services to help those infected with the virus?

The bishop said: “No virus can survive in my body, my body is the temple of God, it can’t accommodate anything called virus. Coronavirus is not different from other diseases God has been using me to heal. A virus cannot decide for me. I can stay at home when I want, not when corona is giving orders."

Last edited:

To call a politician a famous lifelong atheist reeks of desperation. Politicians have the same form of expertise as real estate agents and used car salespeople.

Much of Christian philosophy rests upon the idea of free will, though there simply isn't any reason to think it's the most important facet of human psychology. How many people have tried and failed to quit smoking while using sheer force of will?

Plenty have failed and plenty have succeeded. On the 10th of July 2007 I said - "I will never have another cigarette again" and I haven't.

How many people who live in Pakistan convert to other religions from Islam? Just to give a couple examples.

While I don't understand the focus on just Pakistani Muslims, plenty of them convert to Christianity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back