Religion Ask a Christian - Continued in Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing is wrong with slavery if we take our morals from the absolute truth of god as written out clearly in perfect English within the KJV bible.

If slavery is wrong, Jesus would have told us so.
Since god never changes, his morality never changes.
Slavery wasn't wrong in the time of Jesus, so it isn't wrong in 2020.
If we want to be more godly, we should reinstate slavery.

Maybe we should just allow christians to be slaves then, if that is what their God wants.

That's something I don't understand from a christian perspective, so if any are still in here feel free to answer this for me.

If God never changes his mind, why then does Jesus not completely agree with the god of the Old Testament?
I'd argue that Jesus completely agrees with the god of the OT. The new covenant was only enacted after the death of Jesus, so the gospels are technically old testament books.

Where do you see Jesus disagree with anything written in the old testament?

Nothing is wrong with slavery if we take our morals from the absolute truth of god as written out clearly in perfect English within the KJV bible.

Should have given them automatic rifles .. that's what he should have done. He could have you know.

PS .. Christianity was the slave religion .. Do you think they needed it spelt out to them that they were getting the raw prawn on that deal.

It goes on and on. Do atheists gave no idea about anything .. does it always have to spelt out to them ? God wants you to work it ... No ???

Last edited:
That's something I don't understand from a christian perspective, so if any are still in here feel free to answer this for me.

If God never changes his mind, why then does Jesus not completely agree with the god of the Old Testament?

I don’t know if God ever changes his mind.. he might change tact as we grow and change but that would only be from our perspective.

Christian message .. do unto others as you would yourself...mmmm

Christianity gift to humanity is .. no matter the situation you are in Jesus and his teaching is the way to true happiness and fulfilment.
Christianity spread because they were so dam happy when they shouldn’t have been in that they were in situations of oppression from another group. The powerful said I want some of that and whala ! Here we are.

The slave was happier than the owner etc. Very powerful.
Slaves rise up against your evil master..all slaves dead.
But hey free choice if you want to rise up against the Romans that’s up to you but let’s just go with fulfilment and a deep sense of joy at this stage.

Do unto others as you would do yourself .

Last edited:

I use to wipe my kids arse buy now I buy them toilet paper ... have I changed my mind ? Do I agree with my self with what I use to do regarding clean arses ?

Gross, and yes.

As Jacka put it . I haven’t changed my mind I still want my kids to have clean arses but I’ve now changed tact as they have changed. Later I might install a bidet for the Mrs and myself as we settle into old age. Then it’s a full circle in the old folks home with some nurse and a nice warm flannel. Ahh bliss .

As Jacka put it . I haven’t changed my mind I still want my kids to have clean arses but I’ve now changed tact as they have changed. Later I might install a bidet for the Mrs and myself as we settle into old age. Then it’s a full circle in the old folks home with some nurse and a nice warm flannel. Ahh bliss .
Again, gross. And it's a bit of an over-aggressive simplification.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Christianity gift to humanity is .. no matter the situation you are in Jesus and his teaching is the way to true happiness and fulfilment.
Christianity spread because they were so dam happy when they shouldn’t have been in that they were in situations of oppression from another group. The powerful said I want some of that and whala ! Here we are.

But hey free choice if you want to rise up against the Romans that’s up to you but let’s just go with fulfilment and a deep sense of joy at this stage.

If I like to lather myself in oil, then cover myself with feathers and dress myself in women's lingerie before spanking my own ass, should I give you the same treatment? :p

The golden rule is the most respected tenet of Christianity and it's complete and utter horseshit.

If I were doing unto others as I do to myself, I'd treat you with the courtesy of addressing your questions with logic and honesty...and maybe a little trolling just to keep things fun.

I use to wipe my kids arse buy now I buy them toilet paper ... have I changed my mind ? Do I agree with my self with what I use to do regarding clean arses ?
I'm going from memory here, but didn't Abraham live to 1000yrs...give or take a few hundreds?

He must have been one old wrinkly assed dumb s**t if he needed his ass wiped for all of those 1000 years.

No wonder he believed in a sky fairy.

I'm going from memory here, but didn't Abraham live to 1000yrs...give or take a few hundreds?

He must have been one old wrinkly assed dumb sh*t if he needed his ass wiped for all of those 1000 years.

No wonder he believed in a sky fairy.

When it gets tough and comfortable and Ch istian talk about concepts I don't understand I reach for the Old Testament and find mees some stuff.

Hint..You might find a talking snake in there somewhere

If I like to lather myself in oil, then cover myself with feathers and dress myself in women's lingerie before spanking my own ass, should I give you the same treatment? :p

The golden rule is the most respected tenet of Christianity and it's complete and utter horseshit.

If I were doing unto others as I do to myself, I'd treat you with the courtesy of addressing your questions with logic and honesty...and maybe a little trolling just to keep things fun.

This is the crux isnt. Atheists by nature are compelled to read the Bible literalistically so by default are only capable of debate with fundamentalists .
It's quirky.
Fundamentalists are atheists that have found God. I shall ponder that . Thankyou for your time

This is the crux isnt. Atheists by nature are compelled to read the Bible literalistically so by default are only capable of debate with fundamentalists .
It's quirky.
Fundamentalists are atheists that have found God. I shall ponder that . Thankyou for your time
It's fascinating to read the delusions of theists.

Atheists are people who don't believe in your particular brand of deity for the exact same reason they don't believe in other deities, that being that there is no objective evidence for any sky pixies.

If you feel that your faith is strengthened because of my refusal to accept illogical arguments, that says more about you than me.

Whether you believe in Jesus, Mohammed, or the one true god aka FSM has the same effect on me as your preference for boxers or y-fronts.

“Do unto others..” stolen from earlier civilisations, Confucius amongst others....
And five centuries before Christ, Confucius set forth his own Golden Rule: "Do not impose on others what you do not wish for yourself."
So that’s easily discounted as plagiarism or a broken clock being correct twice a day!

Point 2: can you provide absolute evidence Yeshua of the bible existing?
Until you do that, anything attributable to him is hearsay anecdotal evidence unworthy of discussion.

Point 3: christianity through violence, intimidation, adaptation, assimilation, cultural appropriation of local customs and a strong arming empire wishing to impose its new rule of law, not through the truth of its claims.

Point 4: “the slave was happier than the owner...”
You’re full of s**t mate, or I will happily be unhappy to take you, your missus and your kids as my slaves for you to reach this form of happiness that you speak of.

And with that, I’m back in the game, check......

Last edited:
It's quirky.
Nonsense, we read all “holy” books as ancient literature, written by men consumed by their delusions of the supernatural.
This so called idea of “Theological contextual understanding”, is a modern pathetic apologist cop out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back