Religion Ask a Christian - Continued in Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

300 views in 2 years. Got what it deserved. Apologist waffle from an economist and apologist. Listened for 3 minutes and i will never get those 3 minutes back!!!!!
Why not the whole interview? Are you that bigoted? He had his life transformed, his evidence based values challenged, his relationship with God healed.

Easter meme.jpg

And here I was, deluding myself into thinking that the reason I went to church yesterday was because I was celebrating the resurrection of Christ. Silly me, I was actually worshiping some god I'd never even heard of five minutes ago!

Oh, and by way, as someone else astutely noted: this is a lame argument. Even if Easter was stolen (and it so obviously wasn't), Neo-pagans and atheists whinging that their forefathers couldn't murder our (Christian's) forefathers quick enough to stop them from spreading the faith is so unintentionally self-deprecating. Our God is obviously superior since no one knows or cares about yours! Oh, and one more thing -- Easter eggs, whilst a harmless and fun tradition which I yself enjoy, have literally no Christian significance whatsoever. If you think that rabbits and eggs are relevant to Holy Week, you know nothing about our faith.

Hail Chirst, King of Kings! He is risen! He has crushed all false gods, and no amount of "well, ackshually..." will change that.

View attachment 1094308

And here I was, deluding myself into thinking that the reason I went to church yesterday was because I was celebrating the resurrection of Christ. Silly me, I was actually worshiping some god I'd never even heard of five minutes ago!

Oh, and by way, as someone else astutely noted: this is a lame argument. Even if Easter was stolen (and it so obviously wasn't), Neo-pagans and atheists whinging that their forefathers couldn't murder our (Christian's) forefathers quick enough to stop them from spreading the faith is so unintentionally self-deprecating. Our God is obviously superior since no one knows or cares about yours! Oh, and one more thing -- Easter eggs, whilst a harmless and fun tradition which I yself enjoy, have literally no Christian significance whatsoever. If you think that rabbits and eggs are relevant to Holy Week, you know nothing about our faith.

Hail Chirst, King of Kings! He is risen! He has crushed all false gods, and no amount of "well, ackshually..." will change that.
Well, ackshually, I think what a lot of posters on here were saying was simply that Christianity sometimes claims uniqueness and originality, without justification.

Glad it works for you, in other words, but it doesn't work for a lot of people and any special claims to universality or uniqueness need to be examined closely.

I don't see how. It's very clear I am sinless. Always have been. Always will be. It's inevitable that you will see the truth of my sinless state.
I suspect Vdubs sees the peacefulness and joy that some unbelievers have as a result of our sinless nature, and he keeps coming back because he wants the light and truth we have.

View attachment 1094308

s**t...look out guys, we've got a live one here

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s what you do when you are taking over things Jack. You have your celebration when and where you like and if you can plop one on top of a Pagan one to completely obliterated it then even better. A good example of this Christmas.
Easter I’d be investigating the link with Passover as well .
Keep up the research. And keep trying.

View attachment 1094308

Eostre, a German pagan ritual you arrogant little bullshit artist.
Easter is not Christian.

I suspect Vdubs sees the peacefulness and joy that believers have as a result of their relationship with Jesus, and he keeps coming back because he wants the light and truth to hit the lost sheep here on BF, and because certain posters keep prompting him.
Correct.

The ******* deranged arrogance of Christians is astounding.
Just because we have better control of our language, vocabulary, and emotions, in general, compared to some of the angrier pieces of work here, does not make Christians arrogant.

Just because atheists have better control of their language, vocabulary, and emotions, in general, compared to some of the angrier Christians here, does not make atheists arrogant.
Well said, brother.

Just because we have better control of our language, vocabulary, and emotions, in general, compared to some of the angrier pieces of work here, does not make Christians arrogant.
It doesn’t surprise me one iota you have no idea what I’m referring to in your ridiculously insipid video.👍

I'm more than happy to challenge those claims whenever you feel ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back