Ask a Pro

Remove this Banner Ad

FishCreekBandit

All Australian
Sep 8, 2010
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
So ive seen a lot of people make so making shocking post I felt i could help those wanting to make there transatlantic into online poker as another form of income. Im a turbo sng player but have some history in online MTT's along with playing ANZPT events.

Here is my may graph

total.png

Here is my June so far

3days.png

Presumptuous thread title. Hate to turn this into bbv but what the hell, any idiot can grind out a reasonable roi at 45/180s which presumably is what you play judging from your graphs. Not real poker good sir.

On the one hand I'm really tempted to join wowwe in taking the piss out of a self-proclaimed Turbo SnG Pro...on the other hand I have much respect for anyone who manages to grind 4000 SnG's in a month without wanting to blow their brains out. Plus it's a nice gesture and all, so:

- When and why did you decide to be a SNG grinder?
- What do you use for an ICM tool?
- Will you give me action in HU 8-game SnG's? ;)

Well im sure if any idiot could do it then they wouldnt be doing dead end desk jobs right? After Bonuses you are looking at around 7-8k a month playing 5-6 hours a day :) Its the case of cash poker becoming ridic tough, MTTs being 3k+ fields and way to swingy. Sure not going to bink a 100k score but its a steady income.

I play 180s during the week and then Sunday majors on days like today when there is something juicy on offer or if there is a series such as SCOOPs/WSOOP. Having said that since black friday ive been adding in all turbo mtt's during the week to help my volume. I also travel around Australia to play in the major live tournies as well those are = to a $3bi.

I was a live cash pro for a decent amount of time and had a longish break from the game got back into playing it for a living 4 months ago and am yet to shoot myself. With black friday it was close tho! Chasing that SuperNova Dream

I use tThis ICM trainer

It allows you to go through a bunch of hands in a quick rate, the other tool is SNGWIZ which is by far the best sng tool.

8 games? There is 8 games?

Nice Graph. I am certainly no Pro, but I do have some advice for recreational online players.

For the last 3 years my graph has looked like the Bulldogs 2011 season win/loss graph.

About 3 months ago I changed from playing late at night with a bottle of red wine to early mornings with a coffee and have recouped about 20% of my previous losses.

Like my graph, I have now taken my frown and turned it upside down.:thumbsu:

I play what ever 180s are going to find volume, using a single 27 inch screen split up into the blind levels of the games. Just got knocked out of the mil for 4kish :( Veryyyy frustrating

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anything you want :) Best way to make the move into playing full time, game selection, br management etc

If you are half decent at poker now is the time to really grind hard because the US grinders will be back very soon

I still love the game and even tho i mass table i still enjoy it. I think burn out is the biggest factor and i try to prevent that by adding in things like the big mtt's and traveling to play major events.

I dont think you will ever do that well if you dont enjoy grinding

How long have you been grinding multi-tables?

Have you had any ergonomic issues - pain in the back, shoulders, wrist? Do you think a lot about the ergonomics of your setup?

Mega Grinding like this around 4-5 months as I use to be a live grinder but with family etc decided to move into online and im a big guy (125kg) so I do really need to start thinking bout my set up more. I have a halfway decent chair but need to upgrade to something really good.

Wrist RSI is an issue so im getting a program installed in the next few days that allows me to connect a XBox controller to my table ninja so that I dont have to strain my hands as much.

Eye sight is also an issue, so i try to cut down my computer time when not playing but well that doesnt often happen.

Splinting my sessions is also something i do which is -ev in a way because you need to play down the last of your games and then take the time to restart to get up to max tables but i feel this allows you to keep your mind fresh for the grind. If you dont feel like grinding you wont do well.

Good way to learn poker is to start off just playing some hands of play money all tho the standard is obv very very bad join some where like cardrunners or duecescracked that have great training videos and allow you to learn from the basics to an advanced level.

I use to grind live cash so a starting bankroll wasnt really a issue for me but I suggest that for MTT's/MTT SNG you need at least 300 buy in to withstand the swings. Cash Poker is a bit different and 100 buy in should be more then enough to get you buy.

If you are looking to grind up a small depo then id suggest playing $2.50 180 mans is the way to go, they are by far the softest game online and you can get a $20/hr return.

Hold em Manger HUD, the main part of my game is to be able to put people onto ranges and to use that to adjust to make my calls. So if you have someone on the button with a shove % of 62 and you have K6 then you are going to call it down, but if in the same spot the guy has a shove % of 18 then you are going to let it go.

With unopened pots its all about ranges for the position you are in and every things 2nd nature.

On Sundays when i focus more on MTT's ill play 6-10 tables of MTTs and have one part of my screen for every 3 rebuy 180 (they play deeper so you can mix them in with your MTTs) that runs and get up to around 25.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back