Ask Crazy Gubby!

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah, a bit concerned about Allen being in charge of the local team, especially after it's become apparent how big a balls up he's made of the Lions. If he brings the same system to GWS, it's going to spent a lot of time chasing its kids who want to leave in 2016 and 2017.

CarloLion

Club Legend
Aug 18, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Old Sheeds down at the Greyhound track and Gubby climbing over peoples back fences loitering around in their yards.....Just the whole vide of the club is not getting off to a very good start..

Come to Western Sydney y'all!! Please!!

Old Sheeds down at the Greyhound track and Gubby climbing over peoples back fences loitering around in their yards.....Just the whole vide of the club is not getting off to a very good start..

Come to Western Sydney y'all!! Please!!

That's just Sheedy's way of speaking. That's like saying Essendon never did anything good while Sheedy was in charge because of his unique turn of phrase. :rolleyes:

May 3, 2005
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Scuderia Ferrari, Dallas Cowboys
"Crazy Gubby, I know you find this salary cap business to be more than a little baffling, but isn't paying club recruiters inside the cap more than a little idiotic, even for a simpleton like you?"

252713-graeme-allan.jpg

"DERP DERP DERP!"

adey115

Premiership Player
Nov 16, 2001
Vic
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Fitzroy side of the family.
252713-graeme-allan.jpg

We'll offer Swanny and Selwood 2 million a year each, chuck a million each at Tyson Edwards, Des Headland, Andrew Lovett, Justin Koschitzke, Ben Cousins and Bradd Dalziell and we'll be well on our way. If things get a bit tight we just back-end some contracts and we'll be ridgey-didge mate."

With regard to "Edwards, Headland, Cousins".

This wasn't far off the mark by the way... but the names were changed. Brogan, Power, McDonald. Players who had 'retired', but brought back to life by Crazy Gubby. A year ahead of time.... well done.

Aug 31, 2011
Bris
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Small snipet of GWS Job interview with Gubby

GWS - What type of squad would you want to build to push for a premiership ?

Gubby - "Oh, hhmmm... uh, twelve ?"

GWS - What do you think of when we say salary cap ?

Gubby - "Healthy foods; not much of a fan of celery myself. Not sure what you mean by cap, is that a fruit or veggie ?"

GWS - Uh never mind, when it comes to trades what type of List manager are you ?

Gubby - "Well I'm a realist, I know someone has to lose out (in a trade) and since I consider myself a humble loser, I tend to just roll over and let the other team get what they want. Otherwise they start yelling across the room at you and that just hurts my ears."

So Glad that man isn't with us anymore. Long live Kerr!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey Gubby, I'm a 28 year premiership player from Sydney that will probably be delisted soon, I don't want to move to Brisbane but I heard that you are giving out good contracts, just wondering what you can offer me?

Sydney: We heard your after one of our premiership players, look to be honest we will probably delist him anyway so don't really expect to much for him, what were you thinking of offering us?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back