Official Club Stuff Ask GCFC Digital. Be respectful and appreciative

Remove this Banner Ad

Awesome coverage so far of the draft , plenty of stuff to view and read.:thumbsu:

Went to the Lions website to see an interview with Berry - their coverage of the draft is atrocious, I couldn't even see any interviews with the players, just hightlights of them playing. Thank god GCFC digital is giving the people what they want and fast.

Hi GCFC Digital, can you confirm total list numbers (44?). Also my understanding is GCS have committed to Schade to be re-rookied. So my numbers tell me there is 1 spot available on rookie list. With Loersch and Brooksby training I assume no guarantees have been given to the 2 players so in theory the GCS may pick up a kid who missed out on being drafted on Friday. As GCS have pick 4 this may be a distinct possibility. Look forward to reply as I am confused on this matter!!

Hi GCFC Digital, can you confirm total list numbers (44?). Also my understanding is GCS have committed to Schade to be re-rookied. So my numbers tell me there is 1 spot available on rookie list. With Loersch and Brooksby training I assume no guarantees have been given to the 2 players so in theory the GCS may pick up a kid who missed out on being drafted on Friday. As GCS have pick 4 this may be a distinct possibility. Look forward to reply as I am confused on this matter!!

With 40 on the senior list, I believe we can have four rookie-listed players and an addition three Category B rookies.

Davis and Macpherson are both locked in so we have two spots available + Cat B.

With 40 on the senior list, I believe we can have four rookie-listed players and an addition three Category B rookies.

Davis and Macpherson are both locked in so we have two spots available + Cat B.
Thanks for information as greatly appreciated I realise the sensitivity of your position and hence posts so I will ask a question that does not put you in a difficult position. I saw on the GCS website that GCS had committed to re-rookie Schade so we will take that as a fact. Did the the GCS make any public announcements to Brooksby or Loersch on the website. In essence if the club has not given a public commitment to either Brooksby or Loersch then my spin is the last rookie spot is open (no need to respond to this comment!)

Thanks for information as greatly appreciated I realise the sensitivity of your position and hence posts so I will ask a question that does not put you in a difficult position. I saw on the GCS website that GCS had committed to re-rookie Schade so we will take that as a fact. Did the the GCS make any public announcements to Brooksby or Loersch on the website. In essence if the club has not given a public commitment to either Brooksby or Loersch then my spin is the last rookie spot is open (no need to respond to this comment!)

They committed if he didn't get picked by someone else.
Truth be told I think there hoping someone wants him lol

I know it was a Sunday arvo, and GCFC Digital has been putting in some overtime lately but I am hoping that he or they were there to capture the special moment at the airport:

The Suns had arranged some staffers to collect the players from the airport and deliver them to their hosts Tom Lynch, David Swallow and Touk Miller.

But the three senior Suns torpedoed the plans and went to the airport to greet their newest teammates in person.

My tip for host/draftee match ups:

Lynch>Ainsworth
Swallow>Scrimshaw
Miller>Brodie

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know it was a Sunday arvo, and GCFC Digital has been putting in some overtime lately but I am hoping that he or they were there to capture the special moment at the airport:

The Suns had arranged some staffers to collect the players from the airport and deliver them to their hosts Tom Lynch, David Swallow and Touk Miller.

But the three senior Suns torpedoed the plans and went to the airport to greet their newest teammates in person.

Lynch>Ainsworth
Swallow>Scrimshaw
Miller>Brodie

Barlow -Brodie

Lynch>Ainsworth
Swallow>Scrimshaw
Miller>Brodie

Sorry mate, I was down in Currumbin setting up for their arrival and photo shoot!

Initial hosts for our draftees are:

Wright/Miller - Ainsworth
Swallow - Brodie
Lynch - Scrimshaw

Sorry mate, I was down in Currumbin setting up for their arrival and photo shoot!

Initial hosts for our draftees are:

Wright/Miller - Ainsworth
Swallow - Brodie
Lynch - Scrimshaw
Good to see Wright and Miller adopt their first child!

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back