Official Club Stuff Ask Lions_Insider!

Remove this Banner Ad

Lions_Insider Hello LI, are there any plans for the draft on Friday at the Lions club? I assume it's going to be telecast on some of the TV's, but a big screen with a few chairs like an audience would be great. I can get a few friends to it as well.

Hi,

The Draft will be shown on the outside big screen at Lions Springwood. Will post if they have any other plans for promotions around the night.

Hi,

Will there be a majestic lions backpack available this year like the ones that used to be available to purchase when we were with BLK?

Hi,

Will there be a majestic lions backpack available this year like the ones that used to be available to purchase when we were with BLK?

Hi,

Yes the new majestic backpacks are in stock now in store at the Lions Shop. Price is $120 I believe. If you're not in Brisbane give the shop a call on (07) 3335 1712 and they will be able to help you out.

Cmon Gadzorks! LI literally just posted the Lions Shop number. Pick up the phone!

They made the pink hoodies about 5 years ago and haven't stocked then since. They have said they might be a possibility now there is the women's team - still not in the shop so my question is will they be stocking them because it is all my 10yo daughter wants for Christmas.

Yes, I can use a phone and have done but the shop staff I talked to know nothing about them. Hence requesting insider knowledge.

Hello Lions Insider,
Could you please tell your writers on lions.com.au to proofread your articles? I often see errors in many articles on the site.

eg. "In a good omen for Friday night, Pick No. 40 has also yielding players like Jobe Watson, Luke Parker, Josh P Kennedy and Michael O’Loughlin."

Thanks.

Hello Lions Insider,
Could you please tell your writers on lions.com.au to proofread your articles? I often see errors in many articles on the site.

eg. "In a good omen for Friday night, Pick No. 40 has also yielding players like Jobe Watson, Luke Parker, Josh P Kennedy and Michael O’Loughlin."

Thanks.

Thanks for picking up on this mistake, has been fixed. Our content team are always trying to minimise errors and will continue to do so.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lions_Insider G'day guys, I just wanted to say how great & refreshing the roar deal podcast has been. I can't speak for everyone, but I love this type of content. The coms & media team keep raising the bar, keep up the good work.

Thanks Devz15!

There has been some really positive feedback so far on The Roar Deal. The aim will be to have weekly episodes all throughout 2018.

Oh that's awful news for her.....and us. Bloody knees should be made of rubber!
Will be interesting to see the level of acl injuries in the AFLW as the competition grows. Studies show women can be up to eight times more likely than men to do an ACL

Lions_Insider has there been any progress on some better parents facilities for the coming season? Currently after the scoreboard redevelopment there is now one disabled toilet with a change table servicing from section 68 through to the Gabba members gates next to section 40 which is beyond a joke. While I have raised this with my contacts within stadiums qld I'd hope that the lions are being proactive in organising additional facilities for families, especially those on the top tier of the gabba who are extremely poorly serviced. I'm very disappointed that this wasn't responded too last time it was raised by myself and TheBrownDog .

Also what are the lions plan with the new viewing deck where the main screen has been replaced? Will this be a new space available to all or a special ticket space? Keen to find out as it's a great family area for parents to watch the game while kids run round on the astroturf that's there currently for the cricket test I'm at

Lions_Insider has there been any progress on some better parents facilities for the coming season? Currently after the scoreboard redevelopment there is now one disabled toilet with a change table servicing from section 68 through to the Gabba members gates next to section 40 which is beyond a joke. While I have raised this with my contacts within stadiums qld I'd hope that the lions are being proactive in organising additional facilities for families, especially those on the top tier of the gabba who are extremely poorly serviced. I'm very disappointed that this wasn't responded too last time it was raised by myself and TheBrownDog .

Also what are the lions plan with the new viewing deck where the main screen has been replaced? Will this be a new space available to all or a special ticket space? Keen to find out as it's a great family area for parents to watch the game while kids run round on the astroturf that's there currently for the cricket test I'm at

Hi,

Unfortunately we don’t have any control over where and how the Gabba/Stadium QLD spend their money and we can only advise on what issues and problems we face and encourage them to provide these facilities. As families do make up a large portion of our crowd we definitely are always lobbying for facilities to match this.

Game day team are still working on a plan for the new viewing deck and can't confirm what it will look like at the moment. It's a great new space though and I'm sure there will be something exciting there next season!

Lions_Insider Hey LI, is there any information on the training session this Wednesday afternoon? Haven't seen any updates from the website or on twitter at all. Is it at Griffin Park like previous years? Was hoping to come down after work

Hi,

There isn't an open training session on Wednesday but all 2018 members have been invited to an open training session this weekend. Details have been sent out via email.

Hi,

There isn't an open training session on Wednesday but all 2018 members have been invited to an open training session this weekend. Details have been sent out via email.

I recently signed up to be a member, presumably after this email was sent out. I haven't received anything as of yet regarding the session. Thanks for your time!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back