Official Club Stuff Ask Lions_Insider!

Remove this Banner Ad

Lions Insider, just a small query in regards to half time activities.

Was there a reason behind no auskick or little league games taking place? Seemed odd to see a lack of traffic on the ground. I was at the MCG on Saturday arvo and witnessed them plonk 8 auskick games and 2 little league games on at half time.

Hi,

AFL owns the half time entertainment spot and decides what's on. It was their decision to do the Milo activation which featured. Auskick will be back at our next home game :grinning:

Cheers,

[Attempting to post in correct thread this time]

Would be good if Josie could point the mic at the journos asking questions at the pressers, even if they are some distance away on the other side of the huddle. She does a great job of getting the ones close by, but the mics are so directional, Fish was very hard to hear today (I appreciate it's a tricky job).

And the ending stinger is usually super loud compared to the other audio. They will be normalised to the same level, but the stinger is mega compressed and has way higher apparent loudness.

[Attempting to post in correct thread this time]

Would be good if Josie could point the mic at the journos asking questions at the pressers, even if they are some distance away on the other side of the huddle. She does a great job of getting the ones close by, but the mics are so directional, Fish was very hard to hear today (I appreciate it's a tricky job).

And the ending stinger is usually super loud compared to the other audio. They will be normalised to the same level, but the stinger is mega compressed and has way higher apparent loudness.

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback. It is a little tricky with the big press conferences to get the mic near journos far away and we don't have a boom mic to run as well. Will try and see if we can improve it.

Video guys will look at the outro volume.

Cheers,

Hi,

Nothing to share publicly yet. The Academy topic was discussed.

Cheers,
Cheers LI. I think there's a few of us here who'd appreciate an update at any stage in the future if information becomes free to share publicly, on generals and specifics (particularly on CJ's kid). From what I saw, the only two clubs who presented on the NGAs directly benefited from NGAs, which doesn't fill me with a lot of hope of balanced viewpoints. Understand completely that you are limited in what you can share though -- just in case anything becomes shareable later.

Thanks again.

Hi Lions_Insider,

Just watched the Crows warming up prematch on the field.

The T-Shirt Eddie Betts was running around in looks mint from a design perspective. So much better than what is available to fans through the Lions shop.

Checked the Crows website, it wasn't on there.

Hey LI, the pre-match vid clips of the players are pretty cool.

But what’s the deal with Matt Eagles not getting a guersey last night.? Pretty poor show considering that this was his third game. Did the club think he was too anonymous to bother with?

Now Maybe I missed it, but I didn’t see the the Big O get a mention either.

I would have expected that if you are good enough to be on our list, you are good enough to have a reasonable expectation of playing Senior matches.

Needs to be fixed.. and fast.

Hey LI, the pre-match vid clips of the players are pretty cool.

But what’s the deal with Matt Eagles not getting a guersey last night.? Pretty poor show considering that this was his third game. Did the club think he was too anonymous to bother with?

Now Maybe I missed it, but I didn’t see the the Big O get a mention either.

I would have expected that if you are good enough to be on our list, you are good enough to have a reasonable expectation of playing Senior matches.

Needs to be fixed.. and fast.

What exactly are you talking about here? Not getting a guernsey...?

If it's the player announcement video pre-match you are talking about...his video plays, as does Oscar's video.

Hey LI. The go pro footage from Andrews walking down the track after a win is golden. Very innovative and I hope the players let us catch more candid moments like that.

Thanks! We are very happy with how that turned out.

A video of Fagan chatting to the team after the match will also be going up soon :grinning:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Absolutely fantastic stuff LI, love it, the standard and content of video production this year is tremendous.

Do you do this sort of insider coverage for every home game or we just lucky that it was scheduled in for the Hawks game by chance?

Thanks for the feedback!

We had a few of these video ideas planned for the first win, and were just waiting for that to happen. While it's still good to do them after a loss, engagement is heaps better after a win. If you listen closely in the Harris GoPro video he mentions we asked him about wearing the GoPro in Round 1 and he's been waiting nine weeks to do it!

We're lucky the footy department gives us great access to film things like the team meeting.

Plenty more insider videos to come this year.

Hey Lions Insider

Out of curiosity was it ever discussed with the Gabba to have the NEAFL GF replay as a curtain raiser this Saturday.

It would make for a great day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would also not mind seeing a post loss GoPro video if the fellas are comfortable with it. I think there’s a lot of supporters who need to see how much they care.

It would be a great way to show contrary to popular belief that these guys are busting their guts out there for us week in week out. And that no one is more gutted with a loss then they are.

The raw emotion in the video was great to see. Loving the media team this year

I would also not mind seeing a post loss GoPro video if the fellas are comfortable with it. I think there’s a lot of supporters who need to see how much they care.

It would be a great way to show contrary to popular belief that these guys are busting their guts out there for us week in week out. And that no one is more gutted with a loss then they are.

*cut to change rooms 30 minutes after loss where a Fortnite LAN party is already underway* ;)

j/k

Lions Insider the fly on the wall stuff is rolled gold. I appreciate that there is still a place for players speaking cliches in front of sponsor backdrops but the inner sanctum emotional stuff is what the fans live for.

Hi Billy,

There's not really anything exciting happening after a loss. They exit the ground and then do a little bit of recovery in the kick room. Hardly any talking so the GoPro wouldn't capture much of how the boys are feeling.

We'll keep it in mind as a potential idea. Footy wouldn't likely let us do it after a loss.

Cheers,

Hey Lions Insider

Out of curiosity was it ever discussed with the Gabba to have the NEAFL GF replay as a curtain raiser this Saturday.

It would make for a great day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, Saturday's match was originally scheduled for the Gabba, as was another NEAFL match a few weeks back. Concerns over the standard of the surface have caused them to be moved.

Two curtain raisers planned later in the year (June 23, July 21) and hopefully they go ahead.

Cheers,

Lions_Insider do you know if there will be a petting zoo in the Lion park again tomorrow?

The answer will determine whether I make the extra effort to bring my 2 year old to the game or not. :p

It’s a great addition to the pre game activities.

Lions_Insider do you know if there will be a petting zoo in the Lion park again tomorrow?

The answer will determine whether I make the extra effort to bring my 2 year old to the game or not. :p

It’s a great addition to the pre game activities.

Hi,

Unfortunately no petting zoo tomorrow. It will be back at same stage this season! Community team tends to rotate through different activations each game.

Cheers,

Remove this Banner Ad

Back