Official Club Stuff Ask Lions_Insider!

DanT7

Club Legend
Jul 16, 2012
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
A jersey which somehow combines the designs of all of the junior clubs the boys played for (like a mosaic), with a big lion over the top, would be cool.
Make it happen LionsInsider.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

MacMum

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 6, 2007
Ballarat
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I know I can go onto each players profile to find their junior club but, was disappointed when viewing the photos on Lions website of the boys wearing their club jumpers, for no mention of what clubs those jumpers represented.

Just thought it might have been a good idea to put the clubs names with the players photos. No biggy, just a little detail thought may have been a good idea for interest sake.

May 30, 2013
BNE, AUS
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chicago Bears, Cubs, Bulls
A jersey which somehow combines the designs of all of the junior clubs the boys played for (like a mosaic), with a big lion over the top, would be cool.
Make it happen LionsInsider.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

cosby_zpsrizg3gdw.jpeg

Oct 11, 2011
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I know I can go onto each players profile to find their junior club but, was disappointed when viewing the photos on Lions website of the boys wearing their club jumpers, for no mention of what clubs those jumpers represented.

Just thought it might have been a good idea to put the clubs names with the players photos. No biggy, just a little detail thought may have been a good idea for interest sake.

Good idea but just didn't have the time to do this. Not all the boys could source their junior club guernsey, so some were wearing random ones (E.g. Paparone wearing a Rebels one not East Fremantle). The photos were taken by AFL Photos who also didn't have time to go through each one individually and find out what each guernsey was.

Oct 11, 2011
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Hi LI,
I was just wondering if there are any plans in the near future for the boys to play in the old Fitzroy strip for a Melbourne game? Would be absolutely wonderful for the old Roy boy fans! Cheers.

Hi Daniels Riches,

Can't say too much at the moment...our 2019 event guernseys are still in the stages of being locked away. There is a good chance there will be a Fitzroy based strip :smile:

Oct 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Melbourne Stars
Hi Daniels Riches,

Can't say too much at the moment...our 2019 event guernseys are still in the stages of being locked away. There is a good chance there will be a Fitzroy based strip :smile:
Awesome. Thanks very much for the reply LI. Sounds great. Looking forward to seeing the design! I know of many Fitzroy supporters that would get a real buzz from this. Cheers

Oct 11, 2011
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Lions_Insider

Hey LI, are there any plans to bring in new memorabilia or framed photos? The current stock on the website is pretty slim and old. There is so much potential with Hipwood, Berry, McCluggage and Andrews.

Hi Rubix WingMan,

No plans in the short term unfortunately, due to the cost and volume required for orders.

The Lions Shop does have a lot more stock in store of older memorabilia than what is showing online.

Hopefully in the next 12 months a refresh of memorabilia can occur. Your suggestion of incorporating the young guns is a great idea and our merchandise manager is pretty keen at looking at that next year.

Cheers,

John_Proctor

Club Legend
Apr 17, 2009
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Hi LI, this is a big ask!

I was wondering if it would be possible to bring the whole club down in pre-season and play a Reserves practice match in Melbourne on the same weekend as a seniors pre-season game. (this season it could have actually been the same week as the Round 1 fixture v St Kilda). Maybe it could align with a Melbourne AFLW game?

Would be a great chance for Victorian members to see the reserves players in person and judge their capabilities for themselves eg. I've never seen Connor Ballenden, Sam Skinner, Corey Lyons, James Madden etc.

Good chance for the reserves to play a practice game against a Melbourne based AFL team and not a 4th game against Gold Coast/Aspley etc. for the year.

Ideal scenario would be a game at Brunswick Street (in Fitzroy guernseys) tied into a family day with senior players mingling amongst the crowd. Could possibly get FFC VAFA team to have a pre-season game on the day as well to help promote them. (and ponies, and jumping castles and fairy floss and all that). But other options would be to play the game stand alone at Victoria Park or Princes Park.

Not sure how 'top ups' would work. Maybe a chance to bring top age Academy boys down to play against afl listed opposition as well.

Anyway - long and unlikely request, but I'd love to see the FFC guernsey at a character filled suburban ground against an old enemy.

Cheers

Oct 11, 2011
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Hi LI, this is a big ask!

I was wondering if it would be possible to bring the whole club down in pre-season and play a Reserves practice match in Melbourne on the same weekend as a seniors pre-season game. (this season it could have actually been the same week as the Round 1 fixture v St Kilda). Maybe it could align with a Melbourne AFLW game?

Would be a great chance for Victorian members to see the reserves players in person and judge their capabilities for themselves eg. I've never seen Connor Ballenden, Sam Skinner, Corey Lyons, James Madden etc.

Good chance for the reserves to play a practice game against a Melbourne based AFL team and not a 4th game against Gold Coast/Aspley etc. for the year.

Ideal scenario would be a game at Brunswick Street (in Fitzroy guernseys) tied into a family day with senior players mingling amongst the crowd. Could possibly get FFC VAFA team to have a pre-season game on the day as well to help promote them. (and ponies, and jumping castles and fairy floss and all that). But other options would be to play the game stand alone at Victoria Park or Princes Park.

Not sure how 'top ups' would work. Maybe a chance to bring top age Academy boys down to play against afl listed opposition as well.

Anyway - long and unlikely request, but I'd love to see the FFC guernsey at a character filled suburban ground against an old enemy.

Cheers

Hi John_Proctor,

Great idea and I would love for this to happen.

I will pass the idea along to the relevant people but it probably is unlikely to happen.

The main issue with this would be the cost of taking the NEAFL team down, given the NEAFL/AFL wouldn't be helping out with the travel and the NEAFL budget is relatively small.

I know it's not the same as watching in person, but NEAFL do a great job of live-streams for selected games and full-match replays so you can watch the up and coming players.

We will hopefully have events at Brunswick Street again in 2019 like the AFLW Captain's Run, Brunswick St Bash and Junior Members Clinic.

The main issue with this would be the cost of taking the NEAFL team down, given the NEAFL/AFL wouldn't be helping out with the travel and the NEAFL budget is relatively small.

Is there a possibility of finding sponsorship?

Hey Lions_Insider
I just completed the fan survey and I noted a bit of an annoying issue with the text field inputs that I have also had when building surveys in SurveyMonkey. Every text field has an OK button afterwards and it tends to create doubt in user's minds about whether they need to actually use them. They are superfluous as all they do is move the user to the next question but no data is saved to the survey. Especially annoying and confusing when they appear at the bottom of a page as you have to click OK and then the Next button.
This OK button in the result of selecting the 'One Question at a time' option. We find it is better to switch that option off and just have the respondent scroll rather than have to select a lot of unnecessary OK buttons. It reduces user mental load and makes for a better flowing survey.
Hope this helps.

Oct 11, 2011
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Hey Lions_Insider
I just completed the fan survey and I noted a bit of an annoying issue with the text field inputs that I have also had when building surveys in SurveyMonkey. Every text field has an OK button afterwards and it tends to create doubt in user's minds about whether they need to actually use them. They are superfluous as all they do is move the user to the next question but no data is saved to the survey. Especially annoying and confusing when they appear at the bottom of a page as you have to click OK and then the Next button.
This OK button in the result of selecting the 'One Question at a time' option. We find it is better to switch that option off and just have the respondent scroll rather than have to select a lot of unnecessary OK buttons. It reduces user mental load and makes for a better flowing survey.
Hope this helps.

Hi Davemonkey,

Great feedback, I see what you mean. Thanks for that. Will try and remember to implement the change going forward :)

Dylan12

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chelsea, Boston Red Sox
Lions_Insider - why isn't the leading goalkicker no longer recognised with an official award at the Club Champion anymore?

Seems as though the award hasn't been recognised for a good 3 years now, which seems odd given the leading goalkicker is celebrated at most awards nights at clubs all around the country at every level including most other AFL clubs.

Generally, interested in the club's reasoning.

jackess

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Aug 10, 2005
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Lions_Insider Could we please get the round-by-round best and fairest votes as has been provided in previous years?

Oct 11, 2011
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Lions_Insider - why isn't the leading goalkicker no longer recognised with an official award at the Club Champion anymore?

Seems as though the award hasn't been recognised for a good 3 years now, which seems odd given the leading goalkicker is celebrated at most awards nights at clubs all around the country at every level including most other AFL clubs.

Generally, interested in the club's reasoning.

I'll try and find out. Most of the GMs are in meetings this week so haven't been able to ask yet.

We have been trying to shorten our Club Champion night (aside from the addition of the Roar Deal medal), so that could be why.

Back