Official Club Stuff Ask Lions_Insider!

Oct 11, 2011
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Hi all,

Regarding the email that went out on Friday, this is the response from Member HQ:

- The email was the first in a series of communications about the changes. The aim was to initially give as much notice as possible that changes are coming.
- Two more emails will follow with further information ahead of membership launch in early November, including your specific increase in relation to your membership type.
- In most instances the price increase is only a few dollars.
- The September Member upgrade is still available for 2019, we have simply removed the pack item (in 2018 it was the Lions Playing Cards) included with the upgrade. All other benefits, as mentioned in the email, still remain the same for 2019 including the access to purchase a Grand Final ticket should the Lions participate.

September Member Upgrade
- Lions Playing Cards
- Guaranteed access to purchase Grand Final ticket, should the Lions participate
- Two free guest tickets for a selected Lions game
- Exclusive access to Members’ Bar at the Gabba

If you have any more questions let me know here, or contact Member HQ directly at membership@lions.com.au or 1800 216 885.

FFB1

Premiership Player
Feb 25, 2007
Melbourne Vic
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Boronia Hawks
Hi all,

Regarding the email that went out on Friday, this is the response from Member HQ:

- The email was the first in a series of communications about the changes. The aim was to initially give as much notice as possible that changes are coming.
- Two more emails will follow with further information ahead of membership launch in early November, including your specific increase in relation to your membership type.
- In most instances the price increase is only a few dollars.
- The September Member upgrade is still available for 2019, we have simply removed the pack item (in 2018 it was the Lions Playing Cards) included with the upgrade. All other benefits, as mentioned in the email, still remain the same for 2019 including the access to purchase a Grand Final ticket should the Lions participate.

September Member Upgrade
- Lions Playing Cards
- Guaranteed access to purchase Grand Final ticket, should the Lions participate
- Two free guest tickets for a selected Lions game
- Exclusive access to Members’ Bar at the Gabba

If you have any more questions let me know here, or contact Member HQ directly at membership@lions.com.au or 1800 216 885.

Thanks very much for following that up promptly

acuguy

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 31, 2000
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Will be very interested to see how much the price rise will be my 3 children. We sit in a premium area, i think I pay nearly 600 for my seat and the kids are roughly 65 bucks each. The area is never more than half full, it is a bit of a concern as to how much the price will rise. It is always that question, how much tips attending over the edge, especially if i can watch at home?

Jan 13, 2016
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Will be very interested to see how much the price rise will be my 3 children. We sit in a premium area, i think I pay nearly 600 for my seat and the kids are roughly 65 bucks each. The area is never more than half full, it is a bit of a concern as to how much the price will rise. It is always that question, how much tips attending over the edge, especially if i can watch at home?[/QUOT

I sit in premium and it cost me $465.00 for this year?

acuguy

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 31, 2000
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Hi Long Lions, i just checked it and i must've paid around 600 in total. I would probably be comfortable paying 800 in total for tickets, i currently sit with my elderly parents in the area and it brings them a lot of joy to attend the footy with their grand kids, so to be honest, i will probably pay whatever it costs to maintain that.

Skoob

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 6, 2010
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Not a terrible time to bump memberships up a little. There's a bit of a buzz around where we're headed and by all reports it will be just a tiny rise. Those with moderate interest would have to consider getting back on board, and hopefully even more so for 2020.

Aug 7, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Colorado Avalanche; Houston Rockets
Hi LI!

Quick question - are there plans for any online auctions before the end of the year? I recall in previous years that some clearing of the den was done on the AFL Auctions site.

Thanks!

Robbojack

Rookie
Apr 10, 2018
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Hi there,

Is there any indication as to when 2019 merchandise will be on sale?

Very interested to see if we have a new clash guernsey and generally to see what the 2019 guernseys look like.

Cheers,

Oct 11, 2011
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Hi LI!

Quick question - are there plans for any online auctions before the end of the year? I recall in previous years that some clearing of the den was done on the AFL Auctions site.

Thanks!
No auctions before the end of the year, the next planned auction will be the 2019 AFLW auction and 2019 ANZAC guernsey auction in April/May.

Oct 11, 2011
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Hi there,

Is there any indication as to when 2019 merchandise will be on sale?

Very interested to see if we have a new clash guernsey and generally to see what the 2019 guernseys look like.

Cheers,
Training gear and a limited range of guernseys will be available in-store from December 1. Stay tuned for clash guernsey!

mikey127

Premiership Player
Feb 4, 2011
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
LI it anyone else that can answer this. Weren't we meant to have a half of fame induction this year? Thought it was every 2 years.

Hornet1

Debutant
Aug 23, 2009
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Hi LI,
Not sure if you can help but I’ve tried to use my kids birthday gift vouchers at the lions shop (online) but they are expired. The vouchers don’t have an expiration date on them so I could not have known that. My kids birthdays were in May and Oct so I’m surprised that they were unusable already.

I rang the lions shop staff and she said I only had a month to use them (that’s rough) and to call the customer help line. I rang them and they said to call the lions shop, it was a club issue.

I’m stuck in a bit of a loop. Firstly, can you add an expiration date on the vouchers so this doesn’t happen again. Secondly can I get 2 valid vouchers so I can get the kids some Xmas gifts.

Cheers.

Also Nats got her hair back!
AX5I6337.jpg

Oct 11, 2011
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Hi LI,
Not sure if you can help but I’ve tried to use my kids birthday gift vouchers at the lions shop (online) but they are expired. The vouchers don’t have an expiration date on them so I could not have known that. My kids birthdays were in May and Oct so I’m surprised that they were unusable already.

I rang the lions shop staff and she said I only had a month to use them (that’s rough) and to call the customer help line. I rang them and they said to call the lions shop, it was a club issue.

I’m stuck in a bit of a loop. Firstly, can you add an expiration date on the vouchers so this doesn’t happen again. Secondly can I get 2 valid vouchers so I can get the kids some Xmas gifts.

Cheers.

Hi Hornet1,

If you call up or visit the Lions Shop they will honour the May and Oct vouchers you had on full priced stock. If you have any issues please ask to speak to Anthony Croker the Shop Manager.

The 2018 vouchers did specify it was valid for the month it was issued through the Lions Shop over the phone and in store, not online. We understand it wasn't completely clear though.

The 2019 vouchers will be valid for the month of issue and the month after.

Last edited:

Hornet1

Debutant
Aug 23, 2009
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Hi Hornet1,

If you call up or visit the Lions Shop they will honour the May and Oct vouchers you had on full priced stock. If you have any issues please ask to speak to Anthony Croker the Shop Manager.

The 2018 vouchers did specific it was valid for the month it was issued through the Lions Shop over the phone and in store, not online. We understand it wasn't completely clear though.

The 2019 vouchers will be valid for the month of issue and the month after.

Legendary effort. Thanks

Dylan12

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chelsea, Boston Red Sox
Lions_Insider - why are quite a few recent articles on the Lions website deliberately excluding a discussion on the Fitzroy component i.e. this recent article talking about History of brothers at the club excluded any discussion on brothers that represented Fitzroy yet discussed brothers that represented the Bears:
The only other brothers to play together in Brisbane colours were Mark and Stephen Williams. They played together in the third and fourth games of the Bears in 1987.

Other brothers to represent the Club were Daniel and Darren Bradshaw, but they never played together, with 231-gamer Daniel sidelined by injury when Daniel made his only AFL appearance in 2002.

There was this mention of the Serafini brothers, but more in the context of a brother inheriting his brother's number (as Tom Berry is doing with brother Jarrad's #13):
Previously, Fitzroy's Renato Serafini wore the number 10 guernsey for 79 games before his brother Laurie played another 140 games in it.

I thought it would've been an opportune time to discuss some of the brothers that represented Fitzroy together i.e. Serafini's, Richard & Graeme Osborne, Leon & Bernie Harris etc etc.

It would be great if such articles discussed the three sides of our club: Brisbane Lions / Brisbane Bears / Fitzroy and not just lumping the Brisbane histories (Lions & Bears) together as the AFL frustratingly do, whilst ignoring Fitzroy's.

Clackers

Debutant
Brisbane Lions - Ryan Lester 2012 Player Sponsor
May 27, 2006
Singapore
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I wanted to pass along what an a outstanding job the communications team is doing, including you LI! The digital content team, in particular, are probably the best in the league.

I think it would be nice if there was an aricle/video outling the work the communications teams does and maybe highlight some of the people we would otherwise know nothing about other than the content they produce.

Please pass along my thanks for the job well done!

Oct 11, 2011
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Lions_Insider - why are quite a few recent articles on the Lions website deliberately excluding a discussion on the Fitzroy component i.e. this recent article talking about History of brothers at the club excluded any discussion on brothers that represented Fitzroy yet discussed brothers that represented the Bears:

There was this mention of the Serafini brothers, but more in the context of a brother inheriting his brother's number (as Tom Berry is doing with brother Jarrad's #13):

I thought it would've been an opportune time to discuss some of the brothers that represented Fitzroy together i.e. Serafini's, Richard & Graeme Osborne, Leon & Bernie Harris etc etc.

It would be great if such articles discussed the three sides of our club: Brisbane Lions / Brisbane Bears / Fitzroy and not just lumping the Brisbane histories (Lions & Bears) together as the AFL frustratingly do, whilst ignoring Fitzroy's.

Hi Dylan12,

This issues pops up occasionally and I've answered questions similar to yours a few times recently.

The writer of the article you mention, who isn't a staff member of our club, has a much better knowledge of the recent Brisbane based history of our Club then of the Fitzroy side. That's why the article focused more on the recent brothers to represent the Club. There were still lots of mentions of Fitzroy in the article, including all the jumper numbers

The second sentence should have been changed/removed to reflect it wasn't the complete history of brothers at our Club. It has been now.

Most of the contributors to our site are relatively young and don't have as much knowledge of the Fitzroy era as someone who has followed the game for 50 years or so. With the time pressure to produce content it can be difficult to quickly find stats or notes from 50-100 years ago on Fitzroy records or history, if they even exist.

In all recent articles on jumper changes we've always mentioned Fitzroy in our Club history, as we will always do. Our content team will keep endeavouring to further our knowledge of Fitzroy's history so it can be incorporated into more articles in the future.

Cheers,

Oct 11, 2011
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I wanted to pass along what an a outstanding job the communications team is doing, including you LI! The digital content team, in particular, are probably the best in the league.

I think it would be nice if there was an aricle/video outling the work the communications teams does and maybe highlight some of the people we would otherwise know nothing about other than the content they produce.

Please pass along my thanks for the job well done!

Thanks Clackers ! The whole comms team saw your message and loved it.

Our GM of Comms did a podcast recently with Sports Geek which is worth a listen if you want to hear more about how our team works: https://sportsgeekhq.com/podcast/anthony-alsop-brisbane-lions/

Will keep an article on how our team works in mind for the future :)

Back